DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:57 am 
Platinum Edition

^A section for Fox wasn't shown. It's presumed Fox movies and series will be under "Disney". I hope they give Fox its own section eventually for easier access and proper categorization.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:31 am 
Platinum Edition

I can see that's causing quite a lot of debate as to what they will do for their filtering / searching system. People are freaking because the movies are listed alphabetically for the Classics / Pixar rather than release order. Hoping for a choice of filters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:02 pm 
Platinum Edition

I just realized that Magic Camp hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles regarding the original movies. :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 pm 

Can it just be November 12th already? I am ready to give Disney my money right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:37 pm 
Special Edition

netenyahoo wrote:
Can it just be November 12th already? I am ready to give Disney my money right now.

You and me both!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

https://i.imgur.com/OIOW0GH.png
All the Disney Animated Classics that will be available at launch including the 13 Signature films.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I just realized that Magic Camp hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles regarding the original movies.:(

It most likely has to do with Jeffrey Tambor's involvement with the film. There's no other logical explanation why they aren't releasing a long-finished film. I suppose they may still release it at a later date but with them not mentioning it in the slate with their first and second year originals the chances are slim.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:03 pm 
Limited Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
All the Disney Animated Classics that will be available at launch including the 13 Signature films.

Oliver and Company & Black Caldron are missing. Oliver's missing but Chicken flippin Little is there. I know they're ashamed of that film but damn, that's low. :(

I read on 4chan that they are including all the Fox stuff that can fit under the family friendly umbrella. The rest will go to Hulu.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

unprincess wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:

Oliver and Company & Black Caldron are missing. Oliver's missing but Chicken flippin Little is there. I know they're ashamed of that film but damn, that's low. :(

What a load of horsespit. :|

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:15 am 
Special Edition

Oliver and Company is probably going to be coming to D+ sometime within the first year, but to be honest, having one of the most despised Disney "classics" come to D+ before Oliver perplexes me to no end.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:27 am 
Platinum Edition

Very sad about Oliver + TBC, and the poor Package films + Robin Hood + both Rescuers films + The Many Adv. of WtP + Tarzan + Atlantis + Treasure Planet + Brother Bear + HotR* are missing too. I know that some films have been released on Blu, but maybe just maybe the others are going through restorations??!! Still fearful Disney+ will replace Blu-ray; I need Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, TBC, Make Mine Music, Melody Time on Blu. Lol, I have no $ for all those right now so maybe $6.99/mo isn't so bad. :P :| still worried about Blu though.

*I wasn't planning on listing all the missing ones, but it's 6:30am- I needed a fun game to play in my head :lol: & I know no one here is lamenting the loss of HoTR, but they included CL (I do like both.)...

But at the same time, they said that not even all the Pixar films will be on on Day One.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:02 am 
Platinum Edition

Bob Iger says Disney’s brand gives new streaming service an edge over Netflix
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/11/iger-sa ... tflix.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 am 
Special Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Still fearful Disney+ will replace Blu-ray

From what I understand, Disney will still release Blu-rays (for example, all of Disney's theatrical films from Captain Marvel on forward will receive a home media [Blu-ray/DVD] release BEFORE appearing on Disney+).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 pm 
Gold Collection

Has anyone actually seen evidence that Disney + is going to stream the old Anthology TV shows? I know they are going to have 7,000 items, but with all the takeovers, that could include shows from anywhere. I'm still skeptical that old school Disney fans are going to be ignored. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:12 pm 
Platinum Edition

Thanks NeoSuperBlissey! Financially it still makes sense to continue releasing home video releases.

bugsplat9999, while I haven't heard any news about classic Disney shows/episodes joining Disney+, a whole segment of fans would surely sign up if those were on the service. It can't cost too much to put them on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:40 pm 
Limited Edition

^don't worry I'm sure all the old school classic Disney stuff will be there, you'll just have to pay an extra fee to get the Disney+ super-deluxe streaming package. :roll:

I didn't even notice that so many of their dark age and 2nd dark age hand drawn films were missing too! I just noticed Oliver and BC were and it was late so I didn't feel like going through the whole list. Its sickening to me that those charming classic 2d animated films are seen inferior to the CGI stuff like Chicken Little and Dinosaur(and I liked Dinosaur.)

also I wonder if they're going to do what Netflix does and rotate content in and out, like maybe the missing films will be included later but they will replace some of the lesser classics currently in the lineup? That would really suck if they do that. I have all the Disney films that I really like on Blu ray anyway but it will suck for those who wanted to finally dump physical media.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:35 pm 
Special Edition

Variety.com is reporting that Disney+ will be airing shows produced by non-Disney studios...in this case, a show set for airing in 2020 entitled Diary of a Female President, which will be produced for Disney+ by CBS Studios.

The show, which will have Gina Rodriguez from Jane the Virgin as a co-executive producer, focuses on the misadventures of a twelve-year-old Cuban-American girl who will eventually become U.S. President.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:47 pm 
Gold Collection

Thank you blackcauldron85.

I'm right at the top of the line for old school material. But as most of the old timers know about the new Disney management, they aren't too concerned about the base of fans who made Disney successful.

My fear is that we may never see those old disney Anthology episodes again unless it is by bootleg copies. I hope I'm wrong, but the last 16 years have told me otherwise.

If anyone sees definite proof, I'll celebrate with many other old timers!

Regards, Chris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:46 pm 
Limited Edition

unprincess wrote:
also I wonder if they're going to do what Netflix does and rotate content in and out, like maybe the missing films will be included later but they will replace some of the lesser classics currently in the lineup?

I can't see any reason why that should happen. If all the content on Disney+ actually belongs to Disney, they can make it available for as long as they want. Netflix on the other hand, has to pay for all the content not produced by themselves. Sometimes the streaming rights returns to the owners, and Netflix will pay to make it available for some time more. And in the case of Disney, their content will be pulled from Netflix forever as soon as the contract expires (Disney content is still available on Netflix outside America).

And now it seems like AT&T is pulling out of Hulu, which leaves Comcast with 33% ownership, and Disney with 66%.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 am 
Special Edition

Here's a video by YouTube channel Dave Lee Down Under listing some of the take-aways from the Disney+ Investor's Day presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZ1XAI0fcs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next