DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:00 am 
Special Edition

Kyle wrote:
they're not over estimating anything, it'll be a huge hit.

That’s not what the first studies said though. Apparently it will take time before the system becomes eventually truly profitable.

And yeah, selling films on discs will still be making money for them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think, of the upcoming streaming services, Disney+ will be by far the most successful. Disney is an incredibly recognisable brand among audiences and most importantly, it's trusted by most parents. For the price it's reportedly going at, it's an easy sell for parents who want to have something readily available for their children to watch. Through in all of the Marvel and Star Wars material that will appeal to fanboys and if they're smart, plenty of classic Disney and Fox titles for those who are interested in that material like myself, I expect Disney+ to find plenty of wide ranging subscribers.

Warner Bros dos have their classic film and DC catalogue in their favour. They also have some promising original content in the pipeline, like a "Gremlins" animated series, and are smartly putting a big emphasis on HBO. I can see a lot of HBO subscribers just switching over to WB's streaming service. Won't be as big as Disney, but I think HBO Max will do okay.

NBC Universal is the streamer I'm expecting to have trouble gaining a leg-up in the streaming wars. Universal isn't as big a name brand as Disney and WB, although they also have a lot of great stuff in their library. I think this will be the one where people think "yeah, this is one streamer too many for me."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Clindor wrote:
Kyle wrote:
they're not over estimating anything, it'll be a huge hit.

That’s not what the first studies said though. Apparently it will take time before the system becomes eventually truly profitable.

And yeah, selling films on discs will still be making money for them.

It wont hit the ground running exactly, that's true of any new streaming service. But once word of mouth spreads it shouldn't take long. I'm sure Disney will increase the price as the value proposition (ie amount of content) increases in the months and years to come. that's when it will be truly be profitable. They cant just come out the gate charging what they want, they gotta "boil the frog" so to speak, so people don't really notice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:51 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney+ and Big Cable Team Up to Crack Down on Password Sharing, and Now We're Freaked Out
https://gizmodo.com/disney-and-big-cabl ... 314920/amp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 am 
Special Edition

Disney Unveils International Roll-Out Of Disney+ Streaming Service; Reveals Details In Canada, Holland, Australia & New Zealand
https://deadline.com/2019/08/disney-int ... 202671080/

basically, Canada and Holland will get in on November 12, while Australia and NZ will get in on November 19

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:27 am 
Platinum Edition

Still nothing on a UK release ? Assume it's replacing Disney Life over here, as the two can't run side by side.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm 
Special Edition

Disney also has an indian streaming service, and apparently, the original service is getting the Disney+ originals instead of closing and Disney+ opening there... maybe they have something like that in mind for Disney Life?

I've heard a lot about Sky owning the rights for several Disney movies, so maybe that's been impacting on creating a timeline for the release over there

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:54 am 
Special Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7zW53OuvMg

Disney released a trailer for the service at D23.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:26 pm 
Platinum Edition

Pretty bummed that if you want to binge-watch, you'll have to wait for many weeks. But business-wise it makes sense, so people need to stay subscribed and not just cancel after watching a few series...

Disney Plus will give you 4 simultaneous streams, 4K at no cost
Disney's original episodes will be released weekly instead of in one, big, bingeable bunch.
https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-w ... t-no-cost/
(via Fandom)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:41 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Is there any info on what will be available in 4K? Will there be films that will be in 4K even though they were not released on Blu-ray?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:13 pm 
Limited Edition

I’m really curious what Disney intends to do about the content it is putting on Hulu in markets where Hulu is unavailable. Will we Canadians have the ability to stream Hulu-only content through Disney+ or are we just out of luck? I suppose it’s possible Disney keeps working with Netflix and other local streaming platforms (a lot of Hulu originals end up on CraveTV streaming in Canada) for the time being, but I really would love to see them just give it to us through Disney+; at least until they eventually launch Hulu internationally.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:36 pm 
Platinum Edition

I actually prefer watching at a scheduled time or at least a new episode being released every week over the entire season being out at once.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:00 pm 
Platinum Edition

@EricVespe
Quote:
The most interesting thing about the Disney+ demo was how they are integrating bonus features for some titles, including deleted scenes, documentaries and commentaries. They said “a bunch.” As a physical media guy this is very appealing.

:pink: I was hoping for this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:14 pm 
Limited Edition

Widdi wrote:
I’m really curious what Disney intends to do about the content it is putting on Hulu in markets where Hulu is unavailable. Will we Canadians have the ability to stream Hulu-only content through Disney+ or are we just out of luck? I suppose it’s possible Disney keeps working with Netflix and other local streaming platforms (a lot of Hulu originals end up on CraveTV streaming in Canada) for the time being, but I really would love to see them just give it to us through Disney+; at least until they eventually launch Hulu internationally.

I don't know about Canada, but where I live it is possible to watch several Hulu shows like Runaways, Castle Rock and Handmaid's Tale on HBO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Highlights from the Disney Plus presentation and red-carpet interviews with the cast and crew of the projects presented.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:43 am 
Platinum Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:
@EricVespe
Quote:
The most interesting thing about the Disney+ demo was how they are integrating bonus features for some titles, including deleted scenes, documentaries and commentaries. They said “a bunch.” As a physical media guy this is very appealing.

:pink: I was hoping for this.

I'm glad to hear that, but I hate the thought of Disney producing all of these new goodies which will never be released on physical media.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:42 am 
Special Edition

Anyone knows if there's any way to subscribe to the US Disney+ from outside the US?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:11 am 
Special Edition

stevemcqueen wrote:
Anyone knows if there's any way to subscribe to the US Disney+ from outside the US?

It might be possible if you use a proxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney+ set to launch in The Netherlands and Canada on November 12 & Australia and New Zealand November 19
https://www.mickeynews.com/other-news/d ... -nov-19th/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

'Marvel's Storyboards' Heading to Disney+
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-show ... -to-disney

‘Disney’s World of English’ Coming to Disney+
https://thedisinsider.com/2019/09/05/ex ... to-disney/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 46  Next