DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:17 pm 
Limited Edition

If Disney is only now this concerned about the sequence and doesn't think it should be shown, maybe just... don't put the movie on the service. I'd rather it not be available on here, and still able to buy uncensored, than butchered.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

unprincess wrote:
They might also just not announce it officially at all and"stealth" release the edited version on D+. They'd probably prefer that it not get any attention.

Unless they want to show how progressive they are. But, given that this is something that could be controversial, I think you could be right and we might not have any confirmation of that until the streaming service launches.

Avaitor wrote:
If Disney is only now this concerned about the sequence and doesn't think it should be shown, maybe just... don't put the movie on the service. I'd rather it not be available on here, and still able to buy uncensored, than butchered.

What I'm worried about is that maybe they will sell the new censored version on physical media too from now on, instead of the original one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:59 am 
Platinum Edition

What I'm really questioning is what film will be on the chopping block next, because I think it's safe to say that Dumbo will just be the first (and technically not even the first considering Fantasia and Song of the South). I'm guessing Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, or The Aristocats. The former and latter could be modified without changing their respective plotlines but it would be very difficult to remove the Si & Am sequence from Lady and the Tramp without disrupting the narrative.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:37 am 
Platinum Edition

Floyd Norman talks about the crows from Dumbo. It's an interesting read.

Black Crows and Other PC Nonsense
http://floydnormancom.squarespace.com/b ... c-nonsense

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:10 pm 
Platinum Edition

Thanks for posting! That was a really interesting read and the reference to the vultures in The Jungle Book is a pretty good comparison that most people disregard.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:55 pm 
Platinum Edition

Reads like the ravings of an old man telling the young kids to get off his lawn. The part regarding Disney needing "courage" is particularly laughable. As if this forum isn't enough evidence of courage on their part in caring about social progress in their film depictions; seems like a day doesn't go by without complaining about strong female characters or rants with insults like SJWs all over the place. Even if it does happen--and that's still a big if, imo--nobody is forcing a company like Disney to do anything. If Floyd doesn't like what Disney chooses to do with their film library, that's his problem.

Tenille Arts ~ "I Hate This"
Ashley McBryde ~ "Never Will"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:56 am 
Platinum Edition

I think Floyd was almost right on the money. But white people never pretended to be another race in the vultures or Soggy Bottom Boys. But he's right that plenty of mistakes were made in the past, and they should stay in the movies as the mistakes they are.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:53 pm 
Special Edition

The big guns are coming out: Deadline.com is reporting that Avengers: Endgame will be premiering on Disney+ on December 11th.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:03 pm 
Platinum Edition

Hulu Will Offer Disney+ as an Add-On – Here’s What That Means For Current Subscribers
https://www.slashfilm.com/hulu-disney-add-on/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Is this scene cut from the Blu-ray? :angry:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:21 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney+ to Adapt Award-Winning Novel “Challenger Deep,” with “Toy Story 4” Scribe Will McCormack Writing
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... k-writing/

Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu Pavilions Announced for D23 Expo 2019
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... expo-2019/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:39 pm 
Special Edition

So far I’m not that impressed with the number of nostalgia content this streaming service will host especially regarding old TV series like the ones from the Disney Afternoon but I guess there might be huge surprises and further details about what will be uploaded when they’ll do additional announcements at the first day of the upcoming D23 Expo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:00 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ package info:
https://www.thewrap.com/disney-streamin ... espn-plus/
(via Fandom)

Some non-Disney remakes:
https://mobile.twitter.com/getFANDOM/st ... 0061487105
• 'Home Alone'
• 'Night at the Museum'
• 'Diary of a Whimpy Kid'
• 'Cheaper by the Dozen'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:00 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney Declares Hollywood’s Future: Big Movies in Theaters, Everything Else Is Streaming
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/disne ... 202164235/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

According to Walt Disney Television Animation News, Home Alone, Cheaper By The Dozen, Night At The Museum and Diary Of A Wimpy Kid will be re-imagined for Disney + as TV series.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:17 pm 
Special Edition

TheForce.net has posted a list of titles expected to be on D+ day-and-date with launch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:04 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

This is getting more ridiculous by the minute. So if all the other Hollywood studios adopt Disney's strategy we will only be left with the huge 'blockbuster' films released in cinemas. And the only way to view anything else will be to have a subscription for at least three other streaming services (e.g. Netflix, Disney+, Hulu), because obviously one subscription will not do if you want some variety.

I think I prefer watching movies the way I did when I was a kid - on craptacular quality pirated VHS cassettes. At least back then I could still watch the movies I wanted to. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:41 am 
Special Edition

I think Disney is considerably overestimating the success of their new streaming platform and of streaming in general. Some people will still want to have a home cinema and will go on using Blu-rays and other supports to enjoy it in the best conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:57 pm 
Special Edition

Clindor wrote:
I think Disney is considerably overestimating the success of their new streaming platform and of streaming in general. Some people will still want to have a home cinema and will go on using Blu-rays and other supports to enjoy it in the best conditions.

I think this is why Disney intends to continue to support physical media.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:24 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

they're not over estimating anything, it'll be a huge hit. And its smart to partner with hulu with that bundle to help transition people to it. This isn't just about Disney movies, its their delivery platform for their movies, all the movies under their umbrella in general, and tons of original content as well. For the average joe its looking to have more appealing content than probably even netflix.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 46  Next