Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

Post by blackcauldron85 »

/Film: Get Back Trailer: Peter Jackson Lets The Beatles Be In Disney+ Docuseries.
https://www.slashfilm.com/631469/get-ba ... ocuseries/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

“The Simpsons” Celebrate Disney+ Day With New Short “The Simpsons In Plusaversary”
https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/the-s ... y-plus-day

How ‘The Simpsons’ Convinced Disney to Let Goofy and Homer Drink a Beer Together
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the-si ... 235111097/

Source: https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1 ... 2453741571
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Gosh, someone burn it with fire before it lays eggs
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^ :lol: It's really unsettling seeing Goofy sitting across Homer. It manages to offend both Disney and Simpsons fans. I miss the time where The Simpsons was considered a comedy for adults with humorous, thoughtful, and oftentimes controversial, social commentary instead of the babysitter it has become and the machine through which Disney gets to advertize its various brands. There's no integrity left to the franchise, anymore.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The IP mixing is so gross to me and always has been. That image reminds me of how many people want The Simpsons to be in Kingdom Hearts these days. Please, God, no. It's bad enough having to have Marvel and PIXAR garbage intertwined with Disney via WIR and BH6. But I suppose it makes sense to me since a lot of gamers low-key hate Disney anyway, no surprise they'd love the Disney content to be erased for that mess. The gamerverse tends to be overwhelming misogynist on top of it, and Disney is often viewed as "girly" by so many people who want to be dismissive.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:The IP mixing is so gross to me and always has been. That image reminds me of how many people want The Simpsons to be in Kingdom Hearts these days. Please, God, no. It's bad enough having to have Marvel and PIXAR garbage intertwined with Disney via WIR and BH6. But I suppose it makes sense to me since a lot of gamers low-key hate Disney anyway, no surprise they'd love the Disney content to be erased for that mess. The gamerverse tends to be overwhelming misogynist on top of it, and Disney is often viewed as "girly" by so many people who want to be dismissive.
You may Not like them, but don’t you dare call Marvel and Pixar Garbage! Especially The latter, as it is truly the greatest film studio in the world and that will ever be. What more could you ever want from a movie let alone any kind of entertainment or even anything that’s worth experiencing for that matter? In many ways, both Pixar and marvel have even been more Disney than Disney themselves have been

Going back on topic, but I am not sure how I feel about goofy with Homer, bill cypher from gravity falls of course :-) actually fit quite well in his recent Simpsons cameo. I also confess that I would actually not mind seeing the Simpsons show up in Kingdom Hearts, if only to have homer strangle a heartless and see Krusty, chief Wiggum Lou etc. all react to the heartless situation. The bottom line is As long as it’s done right it appropriately, it truly can work, so please don’t jump to conclusions about it. As well, the Simpsons has even proven In the recent work that they can elevate themselves up to Disney, and with that appropriately feeling content such as the play date with destiny short, and even at least overall the aforementioned bill cypher cameo episode [and I’m not just talking about his cameo Scene :-)
Disney's Divinity

They are mostly garbage to me. PIXAR is definitely my least favorite of all the animation studios. While Marvel films can be fun for a one-time watch, I wouldn't say I'm overly fond of most of them.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:They are mostly garbage to me. PIXAR is definitely my least favorite of all the animation studios. While Marvel films can be fun for a one-time watch, I wouldn't say I'm overly fond of most of them.
How do you feel about Lucasfilm? In my opinion it is the worst film studio ever made, with all of its products being garbage or at least that overall. People have got to let go and get over Star Wars; regardless of its influence, many other movies has battered Them in every single way, And they are not even that good at all to begin with. Literally all of them have some of the worst things I’ve ever seen in movies, let alone any media/work of fiction for that matter. Indiana Jones, though only marginally better, It’s still not that good overall, mostly because of the Lucasfilm/George Lucas DNA. I will always be appreciative of what George Lucas and Lucas film overall has done for the film industry let alone the whole world, but the fact is he just can’t direct or Write; He is much better as a producer and consultant; like Harrison Ford one said “you can Type this crap George, but you sure can’t Say it”.
Disney's Divinity

I'm much less a fan of SW than Marvel and I definitely like it being mixed with Disney either. I actually forgot about Lucasfilm when I was making that first post. Things I don't like I often forget exist and spend little energy on when they're out-of-sight out-of-mind. It's only when they're being foisted on me in things I'm interested in like KH or WDAS films that I end up thinking about them.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Disney+ Day Kicks Off Global Celebration With Week-Long, Company-Wide Promotions
Ahead of Disney+ Day this Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company announced new company-wide promotions and additional content premiering this Friday to kick off the celebration of the Disney+ global community. To thank fans for their support over the past two years, Disney+ subscribers can enjoy special benefits including additional time at Disney Parks around the world, shopDisney deals, access to fan-favorite content, exclusive first-looks on platform, and more. Fans can also follow along with @DisneyPlus on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram this Friday at 6:00am PT for exciting first looks at upcoming Disney+ movies and series. For those looking to join the Disney+ community, starting today through Sunday, November 14, new and eligible returning subscribers can get one month of Disney+ for $1.99.
Disney+ subscribers will also be treated to exclusive on-platform specials from Pixar Animation Studios premiering at 8:00am PT and from Marvel Studios premiering at 8:45am PT, and other surprise sneak peeks.
Additional new and beloved fan-favorite content will make their Disney+ streaming debuts on November 12, including:
- A new documentary titled “The Making of Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles” about Billie Eilish’s recent Disney+ cinematic concert experience
- “Marvel Assembled: The Making of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings,” a docu-special chronicling the creation of the recent Marvel Studios’ theatrical release
- “Marvel Studios Legends: Hawkeye,” an episode that revisits all of Hawkeye’s epic moments from the MCU in preparation for the upcoming Disney+ Original Series
- The live-action/animated musical fantasy romantic comedy film “Enchanted” from 2007, starring Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey
- The recent Disney Channel Original Movie “Spin” where Rhea, an Indian American teen, discovers her passion for creating DJ mixes that blend her South Asian culture and the world around her
- All episodes of “Fancy Nancy” season 3, which will launch day and date with its premiere on Disney Junior

These titles join previously announced Disney+ Day premieres including: “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings,” “Jungle Cruise,” “Home Sweet Home Alone,” “Olaf Presents,” “Frozen Fever,” “Paperman,” “The Ballad of Nessie,” “Feast,” “Get a Horse!,” “The Little Matchgirl,” “Tick Tock Tale,” “Tangled Ever After,” “Ciao Alberto,” “The Simpsons in Plusaversary,” “The World According to Jeff Goldblum,” “Under the Helmet: The Legacy of Boba Fett,” “Marvel Studios' 2021 Disney+ Day Special,” “Entrelazados,” and in international markets, “Dopesick.”

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/disne ... promotions
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The fact sheet about Disney+ Day gives more details about the Pixar and Marvel specials:
Marvel Studios’ 2021 Disney+ Day Special: The Marvel Studios’ 2021 Disney+ Day Special explores the Disney+ series of the MCU—past, present and future. Highlighting the action, emotion, drama and humor from “WandaVision,” “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier,” “Loki” and “What If...?”—the special also offers an exciting look at upcoming titles and new project announcements. The Marvel Studios’ 2021 Disney+ Day Special launches exclusively on Disney+ November 12.

Pixar 2021 Disney+ Day Special: Celebrate Disney+ Day as Pete Docter gives a personal tour of Pixar Animation Studios and introduces projects coming to Disney+, including a new Cars series, Pixar’s first long-form animated series, “Win or Lose,” and some behind-the-scenes documentaries on the making of the upcoming theatrical releases, “Turning Red” and “Lightyear.”
Source: https://forum.pixarpost.com/post/new-pi ... 1329598745

It's a shame there won't be a WDAS special. Though, since first looks at new projects are also going to be released on social media, maybe some of them will be about films or series from the studio.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Sotiris wrote:“The Simpsons” Celebrate Disney+ Day With New Short “The Simpsons In Plusaversary”
https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/the-s ... y-plus-day

Source: https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1 ... 2453741571
This looks interesting.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

This Disney+ Day so far seems to be big on hype, low on actual content... Most of the stuff they are showing was already revealed during last years Investor Day Stream!
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I agree. I also hope they're holding unannounced (and who knows, maybe even original!) stuff for later but I'm not really confident
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Much Ado About Nothing.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Indeed. It was the opposite to the Investor Day. That time they barely promoted the event (from what I remember) and announced a lot more than we expected, while this time they promoted it a lot and there was far less content and most of it wasn't new.

The Pixar special was especially disappointing. It was just 4 and a half minutes long and barely showed anything new. I read the description for it again yesterday and I realized that the behind-the-scenes documentaries on the making of Turning Red and Lightyear were most likely not actual featurettes but an announcement of upcoming Disney+ documentaries about these films, but I though at least they would show some footage from said documentaries. However, they just mentioned them. The Marvel special, in comparison, was way longer and featured actual footage from the new shows. I know the Pixar ones are probably at a less advanced stage, but I think they could've done something better for the event. Well, at least I'm not so upset now we didn't get a WDAS special. If it was going to be like the Pixar one, we didn't miss much.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Recap of all the things announced on Disney+ Day:

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... isney-day/
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wouldn't the Olaf thing count as something from WDAS, even though we already knew about it(and most of us are pretty meh about it?
I'm hoping they're holding out more of the WDAS stuff for Investors Day. What month was the last one? I'm especially hoping they announce Frozen 3but I doubt it b/c it would draw too much attention away from the Olaf thing. But this is around the time that they announced the 2nd film, since I think it was announced in 2015(2 years after the first film release year) though I don't remember what month it was.

And from now on Im gonna call every one of these future stall tactic cashgrab Olaf shows "The Olaf Thing." :P
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

unprincess wrote:wouldn't the Olaf thing count as something from WDAS, even though we already knew about it
Well, you're right. Not only was Olaf Presents released on Disney+ Day, but also several recent shorts from WDAS like The Ballad of Nessie or Paperman. At least in the US; in Spain, for example, these shorts were already available on the service. I guess they did that to compensate for the fact that WDAS wasn't getting its own special. Pixar also released a short, though (Ciao Alberto), but it was just one.
unprincess wrote:I'm hoping they're holding out more of the WDAS stuff for Investors Day. What month was the last one?
It was on December 11 last year. I guess there'll be an Investor Day this year as well, but last year it was the first time they did it that way. Normally, this event is only for shareholders and not for the general public and they don't do so many announcements. I think they did it differently on that occasion for several reasons. First, because due to the pandemic, they couldn't make the event at a physical place. Also, they hadn't released much content in the last months because of the virus too, so I guess they thought streaming the event for everybody would be a good way to promise people content for the future and to promote Disney+ at the same time. In short; it was a special situation. I don't know if this year they'll do the same or not. Maybe the Disney+ Day was a replacement for that this time. Though perhaps not. I guess it's also possible they've saved the theatrical announcements, for example, for that day since now it was all just about Disney+.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I watched that Simpsons Plusaversary thing. It was pretty interesting to see Disney characters drawn in the style of The Simpsons.