Avengers: Endgame

All topics on all things Marvel.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: Avengers: Endgame

Post by Mooky »

:lol: No, there was no intermission during my showing. I did go to the bathroom before the movie though!

I read one article that specified one scene you can skip for bathroom break. It comes up fairly early though, perhaps 40 or 45 minutes into the movie. There's also that RunPee app :D.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I have heard about RunPee, but I silence my phone- how does it alert you? #NervousBladderInADifferentWay
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I don't know how it works :( But maybe you could set up a vibrating reminder on your phone based on times given by this article (spoiler-free):

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame ... reak-when/
blackcauldron85

Mooky, you are absolutely the best! Thank you!!! I've only ever left a movie theater once to pee, The Phantom Menace; I sat through Titanic and Avatar without, but just in case!!!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mooky wrote:I found this post on SuperHeroHype forums by a member called djsunyc; I think they explain it rather well and I can get behind this explanation.
Thanks! Yes, it was explained quite well. Now I understand it all better. I also found this video where they explain what they think happened to Captain America. It cleared some of my doubts, though not all of them. Time travel movies are confusing. :lol:

By the way, this article also recommends another moment where you can go to the bathroom that I think is less important than the ones mentioned in the other article. The downside is that that scene comes quite early.
blackcauldron85

The two scenes Mooky posted about came and went, and I didn't have to pee yet, and I didn't have to pee until near the end, so I just held it. But those articles hopefully will be super-helpful for others- I was not the only one at work today worried about our bladders! :p

I enjoyed this movie a lot!
Mooky wrote:Are parallel realities created instead? But the Ancient one specifically warned them about that and that they needed to straighten the timeline back by bringing the stones back to their original timelines.
I'm always confused with time travel in movies. But Bruce did say that the stones have to be placed back where/when they came from, or else there will be alternate realities (I remember that correctly, right?). Coming out of the movie, I told my husband that I was confused about the timeline, but he said that for the un-snapped characters, they were 5 years ago (so their "old futures" can be totally changed), whereas the snapped characters had been turned to dust, and they remembered that part, but Doctor Stange told them they had been gone for 5 years, and they went back to help...).
D82 wrote:Though the ending is bittersweet. I think you leave the theater with more sadness than happiness.
I don't feel that way- I mean, I cried over Tony, but he saved the whole wide world. He died so everyone can live. My biggest end thought was, Where is Gamora?! I'm betting that Guardians 3 will be a search for her. I felt that way after Infinity War, though, but I mean most people lived.
Mooky wrote:50% of his high school classmates prior to infinity war - the 50% that survived are all now 5 years older. while the 50% that disappeared are still the same age and are still in high school

I was pretty much following until this point. I don't understand that part.

I absolutely loved that Bruce/Hulk played such a big part. He's my favorite Avenger, so I was very pleased. And OMG Thor. Loved it!!! I'm sad about Tony, of course, and I'm sad about Natasha, of course. When she & Clint were fighting, I just knew that she'd be the one to sacrifice herself, since he has a wife and kids. Her movie has to be a prequel, then, huh? Thor & Cap fighting Thanos together was great. Rocket was really funny as always. Peter & Tony's moments made me cry.

Like I said, I really enjoyed this movie. There were times when I just clapped or "yay"'ed or loudly gasped in the theater during the movie. I was into it. I feel like it had a lot of ground to cover, so obviously not every character was highlighted as much as others, just as in any Avengers film. But it set out to do what it did, and it was satisfying.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Box Office: 'Avengers: Endgame' Targeting Record $340M-Plus U.S. Bow, $1B Globally
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ay-1205348
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm happy for the film's success. I thought about watching in theaters, but I don't care quite that much. :lol: And a three hour movie is better at home anyway.

Thankfully spoilers don't bother me since they're pretty unavoidable with this film online.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Avengers: Endgame has now crossed the $2 billion mark, and has passed Titanic to become the second-highest-grossing film of all time internationally:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 2b-1207494
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

People say that it'll beat Avatar as the highest grossing film worldwide but it's unlikely that it'll beat The Force Awakens as the highest grossing film domestically.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Well, you never know. It’s only been two weeks.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I've been reading reports of people who've been tracking the box office grosses so far and apparently the film fell in its second weekend and also hasn't dominated the China box office, like Infinity War before it, so it's unlikely it'll beat TFA. That could change in the future but as of now, it's looking unlikely.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm annoyed they didn't stick with the original title. It's much better than Endgame.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Was Originally Titled ‘Infinity Gauntlet,’ Could’ve Been Two Movies
https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-endg ... -gauntlet/

Katherine Langford’s Cut ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Role Revealed
https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-endg ... gford-cut/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

It's already beaten Titanic, let's hope Avatar's next. IMO, Avatar is overrated. I didn't like it that much. Endgame was a lot better.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

Deadline.com is reporting that Avengers: Endgame will debut on Disney+ on December 11th, which means that the Blu-ray/DVD/UHD 4K release will (most likely) be sometime in November.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Here's the message James Cameron sent out to Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios:

https://twitter.com/jimcameron/status/1 ... 2562716672
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

But that's completely wrong, Titanic made $3,078,000,000 adjusted for inflation. Endgame hasn't reached those numbers yet. I wonder what he'll write when Engame wins 12 Academy Awards...
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Perhaps Mr. Cameron was only referring to Titanic's North American grosses or did not take inflation into consideration...
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Starting today, Endgame will have a post-credits scene. Disclaimer: it's the recently-released Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer (presumably without the Tom Holland spoiler warning).

https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/10/18564 ... -from-home
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Passes ‘Avatar’ to Become Biggest Movie in History
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/aven ... 203256562/