Elio

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Elio

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like Adrian Molina is working on his own feature at Pixar.
Currently developing ideas for his next film, Molina spoke with HuffPost about his big Oscars moment [...]
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/co ... 1a01d13233
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Pixar's Elio

Post by Farerb »

You’re invited on Disney and Pixar’s newest adventure... ELIO.
Meet Elio: A boy who finds himself transported across the galaxy & mistaken for the intergalactic Ambassador for our planet Earth.
blackcauldron85

Re: Pixar's Elio

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Getting tiny "Rick & Morty" vibes. Super neat!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This looks so cute! I'm glad they kept the same look from Luca and Turning Red (generally), and that--for the moment at least--it looks like a film with a solo protagonist! Thank God, down with buddy roadtrips! So maybe I was right to believe Elemental is an (unfortunate) blip on the radar and PIXAR is finally changing for the better.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

This looks fun! Finally something original!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like a dime-in-a-dozen TV cartoon.
blackcauldron85

A little more info:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/09/everyth ... panel.html
“Elio” is a new project from the studio that centers on an 11-year-old named Elio who is just trying to fit in. His mother is working on a top secret military project to decode alien messages, but its Elio who accidentally makes first contact and becomes the de facto emissary for Earth.
*Edit*
https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-and ... -announced?
Elio is a new sci-fi movie from Pixar about a young boy who becomes Earth's ambassador for what is essentially the United Nations of Aliens. He then has to prove that the best part of being human is being yourself.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, this looks typically Pixar, to be honest. Even down to Elio`s design (who looks similar to the designs from Luca). There`s nothing distinctive about this that doesn`t seem Pixar.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Elio

Post by D82 »

Highlights and full recording of Elio's presentation (except the exclusive stuff) and red-carpet interview with America Ferrera.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Description: "A boy who finds himself transported across the galaxy & mistaken for the intergalactic Ambassador for our planet Earth."

It looks interesting, but I hope this is not about him having to lie to the aliens pretending to be an actual Ambassador, and then doing whatever he can not to be exposed as a liar, before finally he is, which creates a lot of anger.

That's why I couldn't finish Peter Sellers' Being There when I saw it on TV as a kid, because I was worried people would learn the truth about his character. Or why I only saw the first part of Passengers with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:02 am Description: "A boy who finds himself transported across the galaxy & mistaken for the intergalactic Ambassador for our planet Earth."

It looks interesting, but I hope this is not about him having to lie to the aliens pretending to be an actual Ambassador, and then doing whatever he can not to be exposed as a liar, before finally he is, which creates a lot of anger.

That's why I couldn't finish Peter Sellers' Being There when I saw it on TV as a kid, because I was worried people would learn the truth about his character. Or why I only saw the first part of Passengers with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence.
I know what you mean, my anxiety kicked in just reading that. I hope they have a different/better idea in mind.

Personally, I'd like if he's accepted as the ambassador because Earth is so low on the totem pole that no one could care less that he's a child. Then part of the plot is him trying to prove that Earth is worth recognition. Or it'd almost be better if the main characters were aliens and this character were a younger child like Boo, and the aliens see them as abnormally high intelligence, but I guess that's sort of been done in Monster's Inc. and Dreamwork's Home.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

singerguy04 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:39 amI know what you mean, my anxiety kicked in just reading that. I hope they have a different/better idea in mind.

Personally, I'd like if he's accepted as the ambassador because Earth is so low on the totem pole that no one could care less that he's a child. Then part of the plot is him trying to prove that Earth is worth recognition. Or it'd almost be better if the main characters were aliens and this character were a younger child like Boo, and the aliens see them as abnormally high intelligence, but I guess that's sort of been done in Monster's Inc. and Dreamwork's Home.
Yeah, hopefully he will explain right away he is not really an Ambassadeur and decides to try his best being one. Proving that Earth is worth their positive attention.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Of the original projects in the hopper, one is “Elio,” slated for release next year and previewed at last year’s D23 Expo. It’s about a young boy (the title character) who gets mistaken by aliens as an ambassador from earth. It’s being directed by Adrian Molina, a low-key Pixar powerhouse who co-directed “Coco” and who, Docter was quick to point out, storyboarded the scene where Mr. Potato Head uses a tortilla as a body in “Toy Story 4.” “It’s a really special film,” Docter said. “We just watched it two days ago, version… let’s see, what was that … Screening eight. They’re getting towards the end. They’re got to finish it up. Comes out next year. But it’s really brilliant. I think people are really going to love it.”
https://www.thewrap.com/pete-docter-int ... y-story-5/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

"This project is really special" is the same generic PR talk they say about everything they do. :lol: They must have forgotten what Dash from The Incredibles said about that. :P
blackcauldron85

You mean when Syndrome says "with everyone super, no one will be"? (and obviously the article got the TS film wrong with Mr. Tortilla Head). I'm optimistic about this film, even with Docter being super generic when talking about it ...I know some might fret about another Pixar film in space, but I think this is a fresh premise.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

@ blackcauldron85: I'm interested in the movie, too. :D I mean, not quite as much as Turning Red and Luca, of course, space-themed things aren't really my thing most of the time, but I'm optimistic it will be alright. It having the same design aesthetic as those two films makes me more acclimated to it though, I suppose.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Sotiris wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 am Image
Thank you! Oops, forgot about that OMG, and just watched the film recently!
Disney's Divinity wrote:It having the same design aesthetic as those two films makes me more acclimated to it though, I suppose.
That's a good point - in that The Wrap interview with Pete Docter mentioned in a few threads, didn't he mention that Lightyear just looked different?
shimran

Post by shimran »

I am waiting for this movie.