A Twisted Tale (Book Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: A Twisted Tale (Book Series)

Post by Disney Duster »

A book about Mary Ann. That's interesting.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next entry in the series is Tangled. I like that they're using the abandoned moondrop flower concept from the series.
What if Rapunzel's mother drank a potion from the wrong flower?

Desperate to save the life of their queen and her unborn child, the good people of Corona search for the all-healing Sundrop flower to cure her—but mistakenly acquire the shimmering Moondrop flower instead. Nonetheless it heals the queen, and she delivers a healthy baby girl with hair as silver and gray as the moon. With it comes dangerous magical powers: the power to hurt, not heal. For her safety and the safety of the kingdom, Rapunzel is locked in a tower and put under the care of powerful goodwife, Mother Gothel.

For eighteen years Rapunzel stays locked away, knowing she must protect others from her magical hair. But when she leaves the only home she's ever known, wanting only to see the floating lights that appear on her birthday, she gets caught up in an adventure across the kingdom with two thieves—a young woman named Gina, and Flynn Rider, a rogue on the run. Before she can reach her happy ending, Rapunzel learns that there may be more to her story, and her magical tresses, than she ever knew.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/What-Once-Was-Mi ... 1368063829
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Discover Megara’s Heroic Journey in this Excerpt from Go the Distance: A Twisted Tale
https://d23.com/discover-megaras-heroic ... sted-tale/

Read an Exclusive Excerpt from What Once Was Mine, a Twist on the Tale of Tangled
https://d23.com/read-an-exclusive-excer ... f-tangled/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Very interesting to make Meg the main character who goes on a heroic quest. I really like the cover, too; Hades there reminds me of the shot of Hades when the Fates are showing the vision of him taking over Olympus (before the part about Hercules defeating him comes into it). I'm sure the book is like messy fanfiction same as the TLM one, but maybe I might get this one, too... :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next entry in the series is The Princess and the Frog.
What if Tiana made a deal with the Shadow Man?

Sometimes, life in the Big Easy is tough. No one knows that better than Tiana, though she also believes that hard work can go a long way. But when the notorious Dr. Facilier backs her into a corner, she has no other choice but to accept an offer that will alter the course of her life in an instant.

Soon Tiana finds herself in a new reality where all her deepest desires are realized―she finally gets her restaurant, her friends are safe and sound, and, perhaps most miraculous of all, her beloved father is still alive. She's got everything she's ever wanted. But after a while, her hometown grows increasingly eerie, with new threats cropping up from unlikely places. Navigating through this strange new New Orleans, Tiana must work alongside Naveen and Charlotte to set things right―or risk losing everything she holds dear.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Almost-There-Twi ... 368077560/
Disney's Divinity

Oh, yay! Nice to see TP&TF get some love!

EDIT: I can see the "What If" being something along the lines of... What if Tiana had got her restaurant on her own? In other words, if she hadn't been turned down because she was a Black woman, then she would've never met Naveen, Naveen would still be a frog (or perhaps he would've ended up with Charlotte??), etc.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next entry in the series is Pinocchio.
What if the Blue Fairy wasn't supposed to help Pinocchio?

"Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight . . . " so begins the wish that changes everything―for Geppetto, for the Blue Fairy, and for a little puppet named Pinocchio. The Blue Fairy isn't supposed to grant wishes in the small village of Pariva, but something about this one awakens some long-buried flicker within. Perhaps it's the hope she senses beneath the old man's loneliness.

Or maybe it's the fact that long ago, before she was the Blue Fairy, she was a young woman named Chiara from this very village, one with a simple wish: to help others find happiness. Her sister Ilaria always teased her for this, for she had big dreams to leave their sleepy village and become a world-renowned opera singer. The two were close, despite their differences. While Ilaria would give anything to have a fairy grant her wish, Chiara didn't believe in the lore for which their village was famous.

Forty years later, Chiara, now the Blue Fairy, defies the rules of magic to help an old friend. But she's discovered by the Scarlet Fairy, formerly Ilaria, who, amid a decades-long grudge, holds the transgression against her sister. They decide to settle things through a good old-fashioned bet, with Pinocchio and Geppetto's fate hanging in the balance.

Will the sisters find a way back to one another? Or is this, like many matters of the heart, a gamble that comes with strings?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/When-You-Wish-Up ... 368077544/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Cool! I hope they do "So This is Love", I might buy that like I did the regular novel!
Disney's Divinity

Oh, darn, I wish they wouldn't do that, now I'm going to get hooked into buying the whole series. :lol: I only bought POYW, and was thinking about getting the Hercules and TP&TF ones. Graphic novels for all of them will be much harder to resist than simply text versions, those three in particular + Mulan, Cinderella, Frozen, B&tB. *sigh* The art is what will sucker me in, not the writing. :lol:

Why does Ariel's face look so boy-ish? She reminds me of some genderbent versions of the character I've seen over the years. The hair doesn't bother me too much, it reminds me of the way she wears her hair in Return to the Sea with the tiara.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Haha, Divinity, at first I thought it was a new character who was like Ariel's son or long lost brother or something, then I realized it was her!
MaQu

Post by MaQu »

The fifteenth book is based on The Sword in the Stone.

What if Arthur wasn't meant to be king?

Having pulled the sword from the stone, scrawny Arthur has gone from washing dishes to sitting on the throne at Camelot Castle. What he doesn't know is that the scheming witch, Madam Mim, used her magic to help Arthur free the sword, believing the boy would be easy to control once he was made king.

When Arthur proves more capable than she imagined, Mim sends her foster daughter, Guinevere, to put Arthur back in his right place washing dishes.

But Arthur and Guinevere discover Mim's manipulations and forge an unlikely friendship. As they search for a way to outwit Mim and unite the kingdom, they realise that no one's fate is set in stone.
Source: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Classic ... 1803685433

The first anthology book will consists of 16 short stories with Pixar's Ratatouille and Brave included.

Disney’s New York Times best-selling series presents a rich anthology filled with all-new what-if twists, such as What if Snow White learned magic? What if Mulan became the emperor’s advisor? And what if Remy the rat met Colette first?

Edited by New York Times best-selling author, Elizabeth Lim, this Twisted Tale anthology features sixteen twisted short stories with new takes on fan-favorite Disney films. Swoon as Ariel and Eric meet right after the Little Mermaid saves her prince; join Tiana and Naveen on a race to get back to Maldonia; take a ride on a pirate space ship with Jim Hawkins; and uncover just what power Tinker Bell’s pixie dust holds.

Written by veteran Twisted Tale authors, Elizabeth Lim, Liz Braswell, Jen Calonita, and Farrah Rochon, and featuring captivating contributions from best-selling authors, Livia Blackburne, M.K. England, Micol Ostow, and Kristina Perez, this collection filled with magic, intrigue, and charm is a must-have for Disney and fairy tale fans alike.
Source: https://books.disney.com/book/a-twisted-tale-anthology/
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Sotiris wrote: ↑Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:27 pmThe books are being adapted into a graphic novels.
They’ve been doing this for a while, they already did Evil Thing (Cruella) as a graphic novel which was even released on Disney Movie Insiders :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next two entries in the series are The Incredibles and Brave.
What if Violet became an agent of Syndrome?

Fourteen-year-old Violet Parr lives by two rules: hide her superpowers, and blend in. But when a mysterious woman named Mirage claims that her parents have been killed by the National Super Agency, Violet realizes everything she thought she knew about her life might be a lie. The only person that can protect Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack is the powerful Syndrome, who says that he's Mr Incredible's biggest fan...
Source: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Pixar-I ... 1803684968
What if the witch gave Merida a different spell?

If you could change your fate, would you? Merida understands that as princess of Clan DunBroch, she has certain obligations—but that doesn’t mean she has to like it. Especially when one of those obligations means losing her freedom by becoming betrothed to a man she has never met. Merida balks at this tradition, but her mother Queen Elinor insists that Merida must do this to embrace her role as future queen. Determined to chart her own path, Merida follows magical wisps to a witch’s cottage, where she is given a magic pastry and promised it will incite “a great transformation” in her mother. But instead of feeding Elinor the pastry, Merida eats it herself. Merida awakens in the past, a now-teenage Elinor holding a knife to her throat and accusing her of espionage. She’s been transported to a time when the Clans MacCameron and DunBroch are bitter enemies. And it just so happens that the timing of Merida’s arrival has kept Elinor and Fergus from meeting. Will Merida be able to bridge the rival clans, help her parents fall in love, and change her own fate?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Fate-Be-Changed- ... 1368077951
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's releasing a coloring book based on the series.

Disney’s blockbuster New York Times bestselling A Twisted Tale series comes to a brand new format: adult coloring book! These enchanting pages feature reimagined twists on characters and iconography from thirteen beloved Disney properties, including Princesses like Mulan and Tiana, Classic characters like Alice and Meg, and Villains like Maleficent and Snow White’s evil Queen. Brought to life by illustrator Abigail Larson in a sophisticated art style that perfectly captures the Disney magic, longtime series and Disney fans will fall in love with the 100+ images of beloved characters, scenes, and icons. As part of the bestselling Art of Coloring series, this book also features a “lay flat” paperback format allows for hours of relaxing, inspiring coloring fun.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Art-Coloring-Twi ... 1368099270
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I can't believe this series got so popular they even did a coloring book!
Disney's Divinity

I was at a Target recently and they had the graphic version of the POYW book. I glanced through it to see if it was really worth buying... Thankfully I've been saved because the art is terrible. Ursula looks horrible and even Ariel doesn't look like herself most of the time. I was scared they were going to lure me into buying more of these through the comic versions and I've been spared. :lol:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next entry in the series is The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Sally has mostly loved her creepy hometown of Halloween Town. But lately, she can't help but want something more. In a place full of the frightening, you'd think living in the shadows wouldn't feel so . . . isolating. She knows she could do so much more if she wasn't always stuck in the lab of her creator, Dr. Finkelstein. Soon Sally is surprised to learn that the Pumpkin King, Jack, is longing for a change of his own. Determined to find a solution for them both, Sally follows a vision that could be the key to changing their fates. But the more time Sally spends in the strange, jolly land of Christmas Town, the more suspicious she grows of the seemingly idyllic winter wonderland. What is lurking behind those dancing sugar plums? And what exactly does it mean to be put on the Naughty List? Will Sally be able to save the best of both towns—before it's too late?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Sallys-Lament-Tw ... 1368104509