DVDizzy.com
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/

D23 Expo 2019
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32728
Page 2 of 5

Author:  Atlantica [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

RyGuy wrote:
D82 wrote:
Atlantica wrote:
Really really sad that Tangled: The Series won't have a panel this year. The creators are miffed as well, from what I can gather from social media. They wanted to have a musical presentation that the whole cast was involved in !

Yeah, I'm also disappointed there won't be a panel about the series. And now even more knowing the creators wanted to have a musical presentation with all the cast! I would've loved to see that.


Chin up, guys. We get a Simpsons panel in its place! :roll:


:lol: :|

Please don't remind me .... Disney shoving Fox at us when they aren't assisting and helping their own product ? Not cool Disney, not cool. ( Guess if it isn't Marvel or Disney+ or whatever it ain't important . . . . )

I did see on instagram that The Little Mermaid is getting some sort of book celebrating 30 years .. could be the elusive 'Art Of' book we've never had ?

Author:  JeanGreyForever [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Atlantica wrote:
I did see on instagram that The Little Mermaid is getting some sort of book celebrating 30 years .. could be the elusive 'Art Of' book we've never had ?

Oh, I would absolutely love that and such a book is long overdue! The only other time we might get this book is with the release of the remake and I'd rather that not be the case. I'm still irked that half the content for the Sleeping Beauty art book was focused on Maleficent! Yuck.

Author:  DisneyFan09 [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Atlantica wrote:
I did see on instagram that The Little Mermaid is getting some sort of book celebrating 30 years .. could be the elusive 'Art Of' book we've never had ?

Really? Do you have a link to that post, please?

Author:  Mooky [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Clindor wrote:
Hum... a secret Disney Company project... what could it be...

God... Are they buying yet another company? :lol:

Author:  RyGuy [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Mooky wrote:
Clindor wrote:
Hum... a secret Disney Company project... what could it be...

God... Are they buying yet another company? :lol:


:lol: Who is left to buy?

Author:  D82 [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

More info about some of the panels: https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-studios/

Author:  JeanGreyForever [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

There's been rumors of a Skywalker Saga box set in Blu-Ray and 4K that may or may not include the unaltered original trilogy. Sounds too good to be true but maybe that's the "secret project."

Author:  thedisneyspirit [ Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Disney will buy Nintendo.

Author:  D82 [ Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Quote:
Frozen 2 songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez will be at D23 Expo! Join them for a Q&A Sunday, 8/25 at 1:30PM in the Walt Disney Animation Studios pavilion.
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 2816284672

Author:  Sotiris [ Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Livestream the Magic of D23 Expo 2019
https://d23.com/livestream-the-magic-of-d23-expo-2019/

Author:  ChrisLyne [ Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

I'm sorry, that panel selection is really poor. They need to take a lesson from Star Wars Celebration. That's how you do a live stream.

I kinda get not streaming Studios since they've said they're taking phones away for that one so they're obviously showing stuff they don't want to release publicly, but the Disney+ panel and the Parks panel? Disney+ especially since this is the big launch event. And what about Aladdin, Mermaid, and Tarzan? Not like there's going to be any secret footage/no cameras allowed there. Heck, stream the Broadway 25th concert.

I guess I should be grateful they're streaming anything, but Celebration's live streams have spoilt me.

Author:  farerb [ Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

ChrisLyne wrote:
I'm sorry, that panel selection is really poor. They need to take a lesson from Star Wars Celebration. That's how you do a live stream.

I kinda get not streaming Studios since they've said they're taking phones away for that one so they're obviously showing stuff they don't want to release publicly, but the Disney+ panel and the Parks panel? Disney+ especially since this is the big launch event. And what about Aladdin, Mermaid, and Tarzan? Not like there's going to be any secret footage/no cameras allowed there. Heck, stream the Broadway 25th concert.

I guess I should be grateful they're streaming anything, but Celebration's live streams have spoilt me.


I agree. None of these interest me.

Author:  D82 [ Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Sotiris wrote:
Livestream the Magic of D23 Expo 2019
https://d23.com/livestream-the-magic-of-d23-expo-2019/

Wow, that's great! It's the first time they stream something live from the expo, right? I agree that the panels selected are not the most interesting ones, but it's better than nothing. I'm interested in "Behind the Art of Disney Costuming" and "The Art of Disney Storytelling". Does anyone know if they'll still be available to watch after the panels have finished? Or can you only watch them live?

Author:  ChrisLyne [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

I believe they streamed some things in 2017 as well, but it was an even more obscure selection of panels (like really, really minor stuff). I believe the streams will be on YouTube so hopefully they leave them up. I'd like to see the costuming panel but time difference means I won't be watching it live as I'm in London all Saturday as Aladdin's closing and I don't want to be tired for that.

Author:  DisneyFan09 [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Well, some panels has been put on YouTube as well. As those from The Lion King and Hercules from the last gathering.

Author:  lord-of-sith [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Hoping in vain that the "secret project" is Hocus Pocus 2. I've heard that Kenny Ortega and Bette Midler will already be there...

Author:  D82 [ Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

ChrisLyne wrote:
I believe they streamed some things in 2017 as well, but it was an even more obscure selection of panels (like really, really minor stuff). I believe the streams will be on YouTube so hopefully they leave them up.

I didn't know they streamed some things the last D23 Expo. You're right, the article mentions YouTube as one of the places to watch the streamings and live videos can usually be viewed later there. I was asking because they made a live event for the live-action The Lion King on Twitter and it wasn't available afterwards, but here I guess there'll be no problem then.

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Well, some panels has been put on YouTube as well. As those from The Lion King and Hercules from the last gathering.

Yes, at many panels cameras are allowed and some of them are always shared by attendees. Disney also uploaded some panels from last Expo one year later.

Author:  D82 [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

The 2019 Disney Legends Ceremony Livestream: https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/11 ... 2540300288
Art of Costuming Livestream: https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/11 ... 2741369861

Author:  DisneyEra [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

And of course, No original Features. Just Frozen II, a movie that drops in 90 days. How pathetic :facepalm:

Author:  JeanGreyForever [ Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: D23 Expo 2019

Lol, wasn't there some big insider tip posted a while ago here that the original features would be announced at D23? Clearly that was not the case then unless an original feature is the "secret project."

Page 2 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/