D23 Expo 2019

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: D23 Expo 2019

Post by D82 »

Clindor wrote:Hum... a secret Disney Company project... what could it be...
I was wondering that as well. It won't be revealed until a day before the Expo begins. Why is it so secretive?
Big Disney Fan wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised they have a panel on, of all things, "Fun and Fancy Free"! I'm going to go to D23, cosplaying as Willie the Giant!
I love Fun and Fancy Free, I'm glad there'll be a panel about the film too. Of the panels, I'm especially interested in that one, Tarzan's and The Little Mermaid's ones. I hope Disney releases recordings of them online like they did with some panels last time. By the way, have fun at the expo, Big Disney Fan!
unprincess wrote:Isn't Frozen 2 getting a panel?
Frozen 2 will be part of the Walt Disney Studios presentation on Saturday. I don't think a separate panel for the film is scheduled, but they could still announce it. And there's also this:
All weekend long from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily on the Show Floor, the studios will team up once again for an immersive animation experience at D23 Expo. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about Frozen 2 and Onward while also getting the chance to meet the teams behind the movies and receive autograph signings of exclusive art and a promotional giveaway!
Source: https://d23.com/disney-animation-pixar-d23-expo-2019/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

unprincess wrote:there's a Tarzan panel... I wonder if they'll explain whats been going on with the rights.
Thank goodness. I was afraid Disney was going to entirely ignore Tarzan's 20th anniversary.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I'm disappointed that Disney is not doing a panel on "Sleeping Beauty", my mother's absolute favorite Disny movie, which is having its 60th anniversary this year.

I'm also surprised that they would do a panel for "Fun and Fancy Free", which came out in 1947 and thus would have been better suited for the 2017 expo. If anything, the panel should have been devoted to "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad", which came out in 1949.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Frozen 2 will be part of the Walt Disney Studios presentation on Saturday. I don't think a separate panel for the film is scheduled, but they could still announce it. And there's also this:
thanks, looks like that will cover it then.

Thank goodness. I was afraid Disney was going to entirely ignore Tarzan's 20th anniversary.
yeah its frustrating how this film is so ignored when it actually did better at the box office than Mulan, Hercules and Hunchback...
Last edited by unprincess on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Where does it say that?
D82 wrote:I was wondering that as well. It won't be revealed until a day before the Expo begins. Why is it so secretive?
Let's hope it's going to be the rumored Latina Project.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyFan09 wrote: Where does it say that?
It's on the schedule for Saturday. Here's what it says:

I don't think it's an announcement of a new movie, they will be made at the presentation of upcoming films from the different studios that will take place earlier the same day. I think it must be another kind of project or from a different division of the company.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Whoops! Sorry for missing it!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Whoops! Sorry for missing it!
Don't worry. It was easy to miss because in the link I first posted only the schedule for Friday appeared and you had to click on the other days to see the schedules for them.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

I can’t believe there will be only a 2-hour panel on theatrical projects that evolve every Disney properties: WDAS, Pixar, Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm & Marvel. This is obviously not their plan to reveal a lot about their new projects.. :shock:

Do you remember back in 2013 & 2015 when they gave so much away? :roll:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Clindor wrote:I can’t believe there will be only a 2-hour panel on theatrical projects that evolve every Disney properties: WDAS, Pixar, Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm & Marvel. This is obviously not their plan to reveal a lot about their new projects.. :shock:
I thought there was something strange with the presentations, but I didn't know what it was. Now I know it, it was what you say. At other Expos there were two two-hour-long presentations, one for the animated projects from WDAS and Pixar and one for the live action films (Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm). And now that Disney has even more studios, they decide to reduce the time by half? :facepalm:

Well, Marvel already made a lot of announcements at Comic-Con, so maybe they haven't much left to share here (though I doubt it), and the news regarding their upcoming TV series will be given at the Disney Plus presentation, but it's still little time for all the studios to present their projects. I guess we'll have to lower our expectations in case they don't reveal much this year. :(

By the way, I've remembered that last year there was a panel for Olaf's Frozen Adventure. Could the secret project be a new TV special from WDAS or Pixar?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Really really sad that Tangled: The Series won't have a panel this year. The creators are miffed as well, from what I can gather from social media. They wanted to have a musical presentation that the whole cast was involved in !
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Atlantica wrote:Really really sad that Tangled: The Series won't have a panel this year. The creators are miffed as well, from what I can gather from social media. They wanted to have a musical presentation that the whole cast was involved in !
Yeah, I'm also disappointed there won't be a panel about the series. And now even more knowing the creators wanted to have a musical presentation with all the cast! I would've loved to see that.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

D82 wrote:
Atlantica wrote:Really really sad that Tangled: The Series won't have a panel this year. The creators are miffed as well, from what I can gather from social media. They wanted to have a musical presentation that the whole cast was involved in !
Yeah, I'm also disappointed there won't be a panel about the series. And now even more knowing the creators wanted to have a musical presentation with all the cast! I would've loved to see that.
Chin up, guys. We get a Simpsons panel in its place! :roll:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

RyGuy wrote:Chin up, guys. We get a Simpsons panel in its place! :roll:
:lol: Yes, that's probably why we aren't getting panels for Tangled: The Series or DuckTales this year; to make room for panels like that one.

Speaking of The Simpsons, I hate that they are now part of the Disney family so much. I have nothing against the show itself (well, I must be one of the few people in the world who have never watched it, so I don't really know), but I don't like seeing their ugly-looking characters next to the classic Disney ones.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

RyGuy wrote:
D82 wrote: Yeah, I'm also disappointed there won't be a panel about the series. And now even more knowing the creators wanted to have a musical presentation with all the cast! I would've loved to see that.
Chin up, guys. We get a Simpsons panel in its place! :roll:
:lol: :|

Please don't remind me .... Disney shoving Fox at us when they aren't assisting and helping their own product ? Not cool Disney, not cool. ( Guess if it isn't Marvel or Disney+ or whatever it ain't important . . . . )

I did see on instagram that The Little Mermaid is getting some sort of book celebrating 30 years .. could be the elusive 'Art Of' book we've never had ?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Atlantica wrote: I did see on instagram that The Little Mermaid is getting some sort of book celebrating 30 years .. could be the elusive 'Art Of' book we've never had ?
Oh, I would absolutely love that and such a book is long overdue! The only other time we might get this book is with the release of the remake and I'd rather that not be the case. I'm still irked that half the content for the Sleeping Beauty art book was focused on Maleficent! Yuck.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Atlantica wrote:I did see on instagram that The Little Mermaid is getting some sort of book celebrating 30 years .. could be the elusive 'Art Of' book we've never had ?
Really? Do you have a link to that post, please?
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

God... Are they buying yet another company? :lol:
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Mooky wrote:
God... Are they buying yet another company? :lol:
:lol: Who is left to buy?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

More info about some of the panels: https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-studios/