DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: D23 Expo 2019
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:06 pm 
Platinum Edition

Mark your calendars because D23 Expo 2019 dates have been announced!
https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2018/03/26 ... 019-dates/

Anaheim Convention Center from August 23-25, 2019!

Advance tickets go on sale August 23, 2018!

Post subject: Re: D23 Expo 2019
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

2019 Schedule
https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-schedule-friday/

JUST ANNOUNCED: Even More Stars, Panels, and Experiences Heading to D23 Expo 2019
https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-additional-presentations/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:01 pm 
Gold Collection

Hum... a secret Disney Company project... what could it be...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm pleasantly surprised they have a panel on, of all things, "Fun and Fancy Free"! I'm going to go to D23, cosplaying as Willie the Giant!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:03 pm 
Limited Edition

there's a Tarzan panel... I wonder if they'll explain whats been going on with the rights.

Isn't Frozen 2 getting a panel?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Bill Farmer is going to be there, too, as he always is. He has two panels, one with just himself on Friday (which I will try to do) and one in the big main hall with several other voice actors including Tony Anselmo, Bret Iwan, Jodi Benson and Linda Larkin. Unfortunately, that is on Sunday, which I will not be able to do, as I will be going home on Sunday.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Clindor wrote:

I was wondering that as well. It won't be revealed until a day before the Expo begins. Why is it so secretive?

Big Disney Fan wrote:
I'm pleasantly surprised they have a panel on, of all things, "Fun and Fancy Free"! I'm going to go to D23, cosplaying as Willie the Giant!

I love Fun and Fancy Free, I'm glad there'll be a panel about the film too. Of the panels, I'm especially interested in that one, Tarzan's and The Little Mermaid's ones. I hope Disney releases recordings of them online like they did with some panels last time. By the way, have fun at the expo, Big Disney Fan!

unprincess wrote:
Isn't Frozen 2 getting a panel?

Frozen 2 will be part of the Walt Disney Studios presentation on Saturday. I don't think a separate panel for the film is scheduled, but they could still announce it. And there's also this:

Quote:
All weekend long from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily on the Show Floor, the studios will team up once again for an immersive animation experience at D23 Expo. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about Frozen 2 and Onward while also getting the chance to meet the teams behind the movies and receive autograph signings of exclusive art and a promotional giveaway!
Source: https://d23.com/disney-animation-pixar-d23-expo-2019/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

unprincess wrote:
there's a Tarzan panel... I wonder if they'll explain whats been going on with the rights.

Thank goodness. I was afraid Disney was going to entirely ignore Tarzan's 20th anniversary.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:17 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm disappointed that Disney is not doing a panel on "Sleeping Beauty", my mother's absolute favorite Disny movie, which is having its 60th anniversary this year.

I'm also surprised that they would do a panel for "Fun and Fancy Free", which came out in 1947 and thus would have been better suited for the 2017 expo. If anything, the panel should have been devoted to "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad", which came out in 1949.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:10 pm 
Limited Edition

Quote:
Frozen 2 will be part of the Walt Disney Studios presentation on Saturday. I don't think a separate panel for the film is scheduled, but they could still announce it. And there's also this:

thanks, looks like that will cover it then.

Quote:
Thank goodness. I was afraid Disney was going to entirely ignore Tarzan's 20th anniversary.

yeah its frustrating how this film is so ignored when it actually did better at the box office than Mulan, Hercules and Hunchback...

Last edited by unprincess on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Clindor wrote:

Where does it say that?

D82 wrote:
I was wondering that as well. It won't be revealed until a day before the Expo begins. Why is it so secretive?

Let's hope it's going to be the rumored Latina Project.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Where does it say that?

It's on the schedule for Saturday. Here's what it says:

I don't think it's an announcement of a new movie, they will be made at the presentation of upcoming films from the different studios that will take place earlier the same day. I think it must be another kind of project or from a different division of the company.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Whoops! Sorry for missing it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Whoops! Sorry for missing it!

Don't worry. It was easy to miss because in the link I first posted only the schedule for Friday appeared and you had to click on the other days to see the schedules for them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:45 am 
Gold Collection

I can’t believe there will be only a 2-hour panel on theatrical projects that evolve every Disney properties: WDAS, Pixar, Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm & Marvel. This is obviously not their plan to reveal a lot about their new projects.. :shock:

Do you remember back in 2013 & 2015 when they gave so much away? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Clindor wrote:
I can’t believe there will be only a 2-hour panel on theatrical projects that evolve every Disney properties: WDAS, Pixar, Walt Disney Pictures, Lucasfilm & Marvel. This is obviously not their plan to reveal a lot about their new projects.. :shock:

I thought there was something strange with the presentations, but I didn't know what it was. Now I know it, it was what you say. At other Expos there were two two-hour-long presentations, one for the animated projects from WDAS and Pixar and one for the live action films (Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm). And now that Disney has even more studios, they decide to reduce the time by half? :facepalm:

Well, Marvel already made a lot of announcements at Comic-Con, so maybe they haven't much left to share here (though I doubt it), and the news regarding their upcoming TV series will be given at the Disney Plus presentation, but it's still little time for all the studios to present their projects. I guess we'll have to lower our expectations in case they don't reveal much this year. :(

By the way, I've remembered that last year there was a panel for Olaf's Frozen Adventure. Could the secret project be a new TV special from WDAS or Pixar?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 am 
Platinum Edition

Really really sad that Tangled: The Series won't have a panel this year. The creators are miffed as well, from what I can gather from social media. They wanted to have a musical presentation that the whole cast was involved in !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Atlantica wrote:
Really really sad that Tangled: The Series won't have a panel this year. The creators are miffed as well, from what I can gather from social media. They wanted to have a musical presentation that the whole cast was involved in !

Yeah, I'm also disappointed there won't be a panel about the series. And now even more knowing the creators wanted to have a musical presentation with all the cast! I would've loved to see that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:44 pm 
Collector's Edition

D82 wrote:
Atlantica wrote:

Yeah, I'm also disappointed there won't be a panel about the series. And now even more knowing the creators wanted to have a musical presentation with all the cast! I would've loved to see that.

Chin up, guys. We get a Simpsons panel in its place! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:10 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

RyGuy wrote:
Chin up, guys. We get a Simpsons panel in its place! :roll:

:lol: Yes, that's probably why we aren't getting panels for Tangled: The Series or DuckTales this year; to make room for panels like that one.

Speaking of The Simpsons, I hate that they are now part of the Disney family so much. I have nothing against the show itself (well, I must be one of the few people in the world who have never watched it, so I don't really know), but I don't like seeing their ugly-looking characters next to the classic Disney ones.