The Emperor's New Groove: 2-Movie Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

The Emperor's New Groove: 2-Movie Collection

Post by Barbossa »

Out on the same day as Atlantis...

Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Emperor's New Groove/Kronk's New Groove Blu-Ray June 11

Post by Semaj »

I wish they'd stop attaching those dumb sequels to the main feature. :evil:
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I wish Disney will take this opportunity to include The Sweatbox. I don't mind the rough cut that made the rounds on torrents, but I'd like to see the final edit.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Escapay wrote:I wish Disney will take this opportunity to include The Sweatbox. I don't mind the rough cut that made the rounds on torrents, but I'd like to see the final edit.

Albert
My thoughts exactly! I really liked it, but alass I think we can safely assume it will remain vaulted like most extra's these days
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Yeah that has to be hands down the worst Disney Blu Ray Cover ever. It implies that Disney doesn't think this movie is worthy of their name which is bull.

this image speaks out how this should make Disney feel for giving us this horrid art, with Probably hardly any bonus features

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Yeah that has to be hands down the worst Disney Blu Ray Cover ever. It implies that Disney doesn't think this movie is worthy of their name which is bull.

this image speaks out how this should make Disney feel for giving us this horrid art, with Probably hardly any bonus features

I'm not one to complain about covers but I agree that it's horrible. I would call it the worst Disney Blu-ray cover as well. I hope it gets some adjustment before release.

As far as bonus features are concerned, I would recommend no one parting with the "Ultimate Groove: 2-Disc Collector's Edition" of this. Same goes for the 2-Disc Collector's Edition of Atlantis. Both have valuable bonus features that would supplement the Hi-Def transfer of the films on Blu-ray quite nicely.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The_Iceflash wrote:As far as bonus features are concerned, I would recommend no one parting with the "Ultimate Groove: 2-Disc Collector's Edition" of this. Same goes for the 2-Disc Collector's Edition of Atlantis. Both have valuable bonus features that would supplement the Hi-Def transfer of the films on Blu-ray quite nicely.
This is why those 2 Collector's Editions will never leave my possession. :D I only wish I had the Tarzan Collector's Edition.

The cover doesn't bother me too much. I think it appeals to those random people who are like, "Wow! 2 movies for my kids to watch at the price of 1?!"
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

For some reason, I've always wanted to see Kronk's New Groove (maybe because I just like the characters and humor from the original movie so much; I even sat through a lot of the TV show, even though that was mostly crap),, but this cover just reeks of laziness. Even besides the fact that they just slapped the covers from both movies together, it's lame to see the Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch sets get new covers, while this one just reprints the ones from the last DVDs.

I still want it, but I echo the sentiments.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney's Divinity wrote: I think it appeals to those random people who are like, "Wow! 2 movies for my kids to watch at the price of 1?!"
That is exactly why they are pairing these DAC with their DTV films. I asked my Disney Home Entertainment friend about this practice
and why Disney was doing it a year ago and that was basically the answer he gave me back: value. As in for the consumers that see a value in two films for the price of one.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

milojthatch wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote: I think it appeals to those random people who are like, "Wow! 2 movies for my kids to watch at the price of 1?!"
That is exactly why they are pairing these DAC with their DTV films. I asked my Disney Home Entertainment friend about this practice
and why Disney was doing it a year ago and that was basically the answer he gave me back: value. As in for the consumers that see a value in two films for the price of one.
Which is a totally legitimate reason to offer this kind of deal. But they've been able to do so in a still-somewhat-classy manner on many releases (see HoND, Lilo, Rescuers, Atlantis), so why are they all of a sudden choosing to use artwork that looks as if it belongs in the $5 bin at Wal-mart? It's like they change their mind on what kind of design sense they want to go with with every release!

The blu-ray releases are making the previous round of DVD releases look consistent, and that is absolutely ridiculous.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I gotta say i takes joy in seeing my favorite turn of the millennium Disney movies making their format debut, and I don't mind that Kronks is being included as that was one of the better ones.

But that cover......thank god I have the ultimate groove case!

I wonder what will be inevitably cut from this release?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

There is no way I'm parting with my 2 disc dvds of Tarzan, Dinosaur, The Emperor's New Groove, and Atlantis the lost empire.

Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

SWillie! wrote:
milojthatch wrote: That is exactly why they are pairing these DAC with their DTV films. I asked my Disney Home Entertainment friend about this practice
Which is a totally legitimate reason to offer this kind of deal. But they've been able to do so in a still-somewhat-classy manner on many releases (see HoND, Lilo, Rescuers, Atlantis), so why are they all of a sudden choosing to use artwork that looks as if it belongs in the $5 bin at Wal-mart? It's like they change their mind on what kind of design sense they want to go with with every release!

The blu-ray releases are making the previous round of DVD releases look consistent, and that is absolutely ridiculous.
But that shows why it's a terrible idea. The original movie is of a higher quality, thus value than its video sequel, so this whole arrangement drags the original down.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Semaj wrote:But that shows why it's a terrible idea. The original movie is of a higher quality, thus value than its video sequel, so this whole arrangement drags the original down.
Yes... That's what I'm saying. The design they've chosen is awful and inconsistent with the rest of the 2 movie collections.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
The_Iceflash wrote:As far as bonus features are concerned, I would recommend no one parting with the "Ultimate Groove: 2-Disc Collector's Edition" of this. Same goes for the 2-Disc Collector's Edition of Atlantis. Both have valuable bonus features that would supplement the Hi-Def transfer of the films on Blu-ray quite nicely.
This is why those 2 Collector's Editions will never leave my possession. :D I only wish I had the Tarzan Collector's Edition.

The cover doesn't bother me too much. I think it appeals to those random people who are like, "Wow! 2 movies for my kids to watch at the price of 1?!"
Amazon has used copies pretty cheap. Just watch condition descriptions.

I just ordered a copy myself. That was the only one I didn't have either. :)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I actually got my 2 disc Tarzan shortly after they announced the new DVD would not be a 2-disc like the previously advertised, So I went on amazon and bought the 2-disc used for a good price.

monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I actually really like Kronk's New Groove, but the cover art is stupid. I like how the more recent 2-movie collections had art from just the A-feature (as it should be, with the exception of the two Rescuers films). Still, Kronk's New Groove is probably my favorite DTV sequel so it coulda been worse if Kronk had been bad.
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

monorail91 wrote:I actually really like Kronk's New Groove, but the cover art is stupid. I like how the more recent 2-movie collections had art from just the A-feature (as it should be, with the exception of the two Rescuers films). Still, Kronk's New Groove is probably my favorite DTV sequel so it coulda been worse if Kronk had been bad.
Brother Bear has artwork from both films, and the girl from Brother Bear 2 is featured prominently on the cover. I think Hunchback and Mulan had the appearance of artwork from only the first films because there weren't as many unique characters in the second films to feature on the cover.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

gardener14 wrote:
monorail91 wrote:I actually really like Kronk's New Groove, but the cover art is stupid. I like how the more recent 2-movie collections had art from just the A-feature (as it should be, with the exception of the two Rescuers films). Still, Kronk's New Groove is probably my favorite DTV sequel so it coulda been worse if Kronk had been bad.
Brother Bear has artwork from both films, and the girl from Brother Bear 2 is featured prominently on the cover. I think Hunchback and Mulan had the appearance of artwork from only the first films because there weren't as many unique characters in the second films to feature on the cover.
"Mulan" had characters from the sequel on it.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I'm real glad I have a metal case for TENGroove to hide that ghastly artwork
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool