Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

Darling has been cast.
Kiersey Clemons is in talks to join Disney’s live-action “Lady and the Tramp” movie, in which she would play Darling, the human owner of Lady, sources tell Variety.
Source: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/kier ... 202891422/
Clemons is up for the role of Darling, Lady’s owner. We can exclusively tell you that the studio made an offer to Janelle Monae for the role but reportedly passed.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2018/07/31/ki ... mp-remake/
Skyler Shuler wrote:Not only was Janelle Monae considered for this role, I have learned Disney also approached Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/10 ... 3005884416
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's looking for extras and preps for filming in Savannah, Georgia.
A Disney movie filming entirely in Savannah is expected to impact some downtown locations later this year. The movie, with the production title "Goodbye Stranger," will be filming in Factors Walk near Wet Willies and Johnson and Wright squares, according to the city. Filming is expected to begin September 10, lasting through December.

On Thursday, the film’s producers attended a City Council Workshop at City Hall. They told council the movie is a love story that’s set in the 1910 era. Executive Producer Diane Sabatini, with Collar Free Productions, said the team selected Savannah because of its historic architecture and beautiful squares. She added that it looks like the city is “sprinkled with magic.”

The film's crew has requested to make some cosmetic changes to their filming locations downtown. They plan to remove some sidewalk signs, bike racks and benches and add gas streetlights flags and other era-appropriate props.
Source: https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/di ... 1342495808
Producers of an upcoming Walt Disney movie are looking for extras to populate the background of scenes being filmed in Savannah. News outlets report a casting call for paid background actors was scheduled for this weekend in Savannah. Filming of the project Walt Disney producers are calling “Goodbye Stranger” is expected to begin in September and continue into November.

The film’s director, Charlie Bean, told city council members at a meeting earlier this month that Savannah’s downtown historic district was the perfect setting for the movie’s “nostalgic romance.”
Source: https://apnews.com/e6074408acac47d5835a96637c27eeef
The film office and movie producers made their first presentation to city council members on Thursday. They'll be filming the entirety of the film in Savannah. The crew says the city will be easily recognizable in the final product they release sometime next year.

Filming begins Sept. 10 and will wrap up outside around Nov. 7, weather permitting. Crews will be filming on a stage until December. The estimated local impact is about $20 million. They'll also be hiring local talent and using small businesses for the project. Johnson and Wright squares will be closed at various points to shoot the movie. They'll also use a portion of River Street. You can expect the area to look nearly identical to how it would look in the early 1900s. The film crew says the authenticity of Savannah made it an easy decision to choose to film here.

The natural question is, what's the name of the film? Right now, the working title is "Goodbye Stranger." We did some digging and found a crew call website that lists "Goodbye Stranger" as a working title for "Lady and the Tramp."
Source: http://www.telemundoamarillo.com/story/ ... f-savannah
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tessa Thompson has been cast as Lady and Benedict Wong as Bull.
Tessa Thompson is in negotiations to voice the lead role in Disney’s live-action/CG hybrid remake of Lady and the Tramp, Collider has exclusively learned. Additionally, Doctor Strange star Benedict Wong has been set to voice Bull, an English bulldog.
Source: http://collider.com/tessa-thompson-lady ... dict-wong/
Thor: Ragnarok star Tessa Thompson has joined the voice cast as the title role of Lady. Disney was clearly looking for a big name actress of color for the role, as we have also learned the studio was also interested in fellow MCU heroine Zoe Saldana but reportedly passed.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2018/08/14/te ... mp-remake/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Tessa Thompson is really popular these days, and with her MCU role, I'm not surprised Disney snagged her. Also not surprised that Zoe Saldana would pass on the role. After having starred in huge blockbusters, I can't see her being very much interested in a streaming movie.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jim Dear has been cast. This makes Jim Dear and Darling an interracial couple in 1910s America. :shock: Forget Lady and the Tramp, that's the love story Disney needs to tell. :P
Thomas Mann is set to join Disney’s live-action adaptation of “Lady and the Tramp” in the role of Lady’s human owner, Jim Dear.
Source: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/thom ... 202909041/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Is it confirmed that this film is set in the early 1900s?
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, it says it will be in the early 1900's in the post about where they are filming, just a few posts up by Sotiris.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Lol thanks. Next time I should bother reading the whole post.
ImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I'd like it if it was something more akin to an interracial romance between a white Lady and a chicano Tramp...I mean it's a little stereotypical, but it fits well with both the historical context of the setting and the time period the film was made and all...

(That and I need my romantic/positive latino man / white woman romance made at Disney like asap)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

thedisneyspirit wrote:I'd like it if it was something more akin to an interracial romance between a white Lady and a chicano Tramp.
Disney already did that. It's called Oliver & Company. :P
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Hence why I said "positive". Georgette is a snotty bitch and Tito is every bad Mexican stereotype under the sun and more.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Not to mention that Lady and the Tramp are an iconic couple while who actually remembers Georgette and Tito, two very problematic characters?
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Yvette Nicole Brown has been cast as Aunt Sarah.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I like her a lot so glad to see she's cast. She mostly does comedy so I wonder if Aunt Sarah will be retooled into a more comedic character.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Adrian Martinez has been cast as Elliot, the dog-catcher.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Narcos star Arturo Castro is the latest to join Disney's live-action Lady and the Tramp.

He will join the movie's human cast, which includes Kiersey Clemons as Darling and Thomas Mann as Jim Dear. Castro will play Marco, a hard working up-and-comer who has a soft spot for Tramp and likes to slip him scraps from the restaurant where he works.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... mp-1149386
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Singer and actress Janelle Monáe is joining the voice cast of Disney’s upcoming reboot of Lady And The Tramp, I understand.

Hidden Figures and Moonlight star Monáe will voice the role of Peg, the wise-cracking friend of Lady, who is being played by Monae’s close friend Tessa Thompson. Peggy Lee voiced Peg in the 1955 original.
Source: https://deadline.com/2018/10/janelle-mo ... 202477309/
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

I wonder if all this race inclusive casting is done to appease the problem of the original film's racist siamese cats. (the one flaw in that otherwise good movie, but again- Disney seems to suggest this version will be better just based on that premise?)

But ironic, since not one single Asian has been cast yet.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It's not because people think of the original's racism. It's because Disney is just trying to be more progressive in everything they do.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

THis is getting out of hand. All these live-action remakes.... I just...my head....oy...
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx