DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks JeanGreyForever for explaining me how eBay works! Maybe I'll give it a try now that I know there are more buying options. By the way, I wrote betting, but yes, I meant bidding.

Jules wrote:
PatrickvD and D82, does eBay also indicate similar postage costs for items such as DVDs or Blu-rays to the Netherlands and Spain? I wonder if this is just a Malta thing. :(

From what I've seen, in some cases the shipping and import charges are indeed a bit higher to Malta than to Spain, but in others they are the same (if you want you can change the country in the dropdown list to see the charges other countries have and compare). Not all are so high though, I've seen some offers that charge just half that price.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Is it correct that the Saludos Amigos/ Three Caballeros Bluray does not come with a slipcover?

None of the ones available on Ebay come with one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:09 pm 
Special Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
Is it correct that the Saludos Amigos/ Three Caballeros Bluray does not come with a slipcover?

None of the ones available on Ebay come with one.

Correct. No slipcover and no digital copies, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney has released a trailer for the 4K Ultra HD release of The Incredibles which will be available on June 5, 2018.

Cover

Best Buy steelbook exclusive

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur are getting re-released with a "digital code" on May 22, 2018.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:34 pm 
Limited Edition

Ugh, I still hate those ugly close-up covers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm 
Limited Edition

Avaitor wrote:
Ugh, I still hate those ugly close-up covers.

Right lol?! I thought I was the only one. :D They all look like mugshots! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:59 pm 
Special Edition

Cover art to the digital (and DMC exclusive physical) release of Return To Never Land:

Attachments:
Return To Never Land 2018.jpg
Return To Never Land 2018.jpg [ 57.25 KiB | Viewed 2352 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:05 am 
Platinum Edition

Not bad. (For a sequel cover.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:04 pm 
Special Edition

Return To Never Land (DMC Exclusive) Blu-ray cover art:

Attachment:
peterpanreturntoneverlandprintbeautyshotsecommercebdpackageshotusrap1524608731896.jpg
peterpanreturntoneverlandprintbeautyshotsecommercebdpackageshotusrap1524608731896.jpg [ 36.62 KiB | Viewed 1969 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

^Thanks for posting the cover! All the character art is recycled but I suppose we're used to this by now. I hate how they lightened up Jane's clothes to make them look more pink. I was never fond of sideways titles either.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

A 25th anniversary edition of The Nightmare Before Christmas will be released on Blu-ray on July 19, 2018.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm 
Limited Edition

I wonder if this release will come with any new features.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

It's more likely to be a repackage of the 2008 disc with a new MoviesAnywhere digital code.

Albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:33 am 
Limited Edition

Escapay wrote:
It's more likely to be a repackage of the 2008 disc with a new MoviesAnywhere digital code.

Albert

That’s exactly what it will be just like all the rest of the sequels Disney released DMC exclusively lol. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I seem to recall reading a couple of months ago that the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros blu-ray set sold like hotcakes.

Since Disney should be pleased I wonder when they will announce blu-ray releases for Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Black Cauldron. :milkbuds:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:20 am 
Limited Edition

I wonder if they might consider releasing it in stores rather than just as a DMC exclusive. Although I doubt we'd get bonus features from the laserdisc or DVD releases, they'd probably at least add a digital copy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 pm 
Platinum Edition

This storybook is scheduled to be released on February 5, 2019. Usually, Disney's read-along storybooks are indicators of an impending home video release. Taking also into account the live-action remake debuting on March 29, 2019, there's a pretty good chance the animated Dumbo will be re-released on Blu-ray in 2019.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 pm 
Limited Edition

Jules wrote:
I seem to recall reading a couple of months ago that the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros blu-ray set sold like hotcakes.

Since Disney should be pleased I wonder when they will announce blu-ray releases for Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Black Cauldron. :milkbuds:

I can only hope they'll do this. We're so close to having all of them on Blu-Ray. I'd like to see a double feature for MMM and MT this summer, followed by a fall release for TBC.

Sotiris wrote:
This storybook is scheduled to be released on February 5, 2019. Usually, Disney's read-along storybooks are indicators of an impending home video release. Taking also into account the live-action remake debuting on March 29, 2019, there's a pretty good chance the animated Dumbo will be re-released on Blu-ray in 2019.

I'm curious as to what they'll do for this. I got the DMC exclusive version about six months ago so I wonder if we'll just be getting a wide release for that - Disney has made it painfully clear that they don't care so I can't imagine we'll be getting anything new.

UDer #3495 :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am 
Special Edition

This is more of a rant but just goes to prove that Disney doesn't care. At all.

So, Disney licensed their home video releases on Brazil for a third party company. Everything has been better than it was with Disney - we now get some steelbooks and stuff like that (it was impossible under Disney's reign). And this week, the licensee announced they were re-releasing the Blu-rays of Snow White (2 disc), Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (2 disc), The Lion King (single disc) and Pinocchio (single disc). All righty, I own them all already.

Pinocchio was released as a single disc on Brazil... because Disney said so. Their excuse at the original release was that Blu-ray was untested waters and at the time the discs were not produced on Brazil and importing two discs would make the product pricier. Fine. But now they have no excuse. When I asked the licensee why they wouldn't release it as a 2 disc, since there are Brazilian Portuguese audio and subtitles on the Canadian edition of the disc 2, the answer was that Disney's head office simply didn't release these assets for Brazil. ksldjfsjssdpjf ok I can live with that. I know English and other than the movie, I don't really need audio and subtitles in the rest of the edition. I can simply import the second disc from somewhere else and be happy.

Fine. But now we have several Disney movies that weren't released here in Blu-ray. Disney released them in the rest of the world and didn't say a word about Brazil. Just ignored us. Since every Disney movie released in Brazil has audio or subtitles somewhere else, we know that they just aren't gonna be released, because Disney didn't include the dub anywhere (Emperor's New Groove, Oliver and Company, The Great Mouse Detective, Fun and Fancy Tree...). So I asked the licensee about that. Their answer? "Despite our efforts, Disney's head office have no interest or plans of including Brazilian Portuguese assets on catalog movies". I mean... Brazil doesn't even deserve a release of SALUDOS, AMIGOS?

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I just hate being a Disney fan because of the way they "care" about their legacy. Sometimes I wish I could not care. I hate how attached I'm to these dubs as well. This is frustrating, but I know that if someone in the world is able to understand me, it's one of you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next