Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by REINIER »

stevemcqueen wrote:Return To Never Land (DMC Exclusive) Blu-ray cover art:
peterpanreturntoneverlandprintbeautyshotsecommercebdpackageshotusrap1524608731896.jpg
I am amazed to see that this sequel gets this much attention..digital copy included as well.. I like it, though not to that extend to warrant such a release
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Is that art for the Dumbo Read-Along Storybook new or from a previous book?
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Two new animated DMC exclusives coming July 17th:

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin
poohsgrandadventure1529701247147.png
poohsgrandadventure1529701247147.png (242.95 KiB) Viewed 7024 times
Piglet's Big Movie
pigletsbigmovie1529700851006.png
pigletsbigmovie1529700851006.png (219.09 KiB) Viewed 7024 times
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I can't believe they're using artwork from the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie for Pooh's Grand Adventure. :shock: The illustration is very specific to the WDAS film and doesn't work for any other Pooh film. Kanga and Roo aren't even featured in Pooh's Grand Adventure! :facepalm:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Ooooh. That's great for fans of those films, but I was so hoping the next announcements would be of the remaining WDAS films. :(
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I don't understand why they used the wrong movie's poster for Pooh's Grand Adventure. Especially since Kanga and Roo aren't even in the film. I know Disney's covers are never very well done but this is a new low, especially with Christopher Robin badly photoshopped onto it. However, I love the film especially compared to Lasseter's 2011 rendition so I'll probably be getting it anyway. Although I'm not sure why it won't be getting a wider release along with Piglet's Big Movie considering that lesser known Pooh films like Springtime with Roo got a wide blu-ray release.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I can't believe they're using artwork from the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie for Pooh's Grand Adventure. :shock:
Wow, they have outdone themselves. :o How could they think it was a good idea? It can even be misleading, some people could think they're buying the other movie. I hope it's not the final cover.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:I can't believe they're using artwork from the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie for Pooh's Grand Adventure. :shock: The illustration is very specific to the WDAS film and doesn't work for any other Pooh film. Kanga and Roo aren't even featured in Pooh's Grand Adventure! :facepalm:

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Disney, Disney Disney... I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing at this blunder....... Disney of the 21st century for ya
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Epic fail....any type of fanboy out there could do wonders with all those disney covers...But no...keep on hiring those uncreative #$%&
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Honestly they should have just recycled the previous cover art like they did with Piglet's Big Movie. Unless they felt that the movie would sell more if people mistook it for Winnie the Pooh (2011) but I wouldn't be surprised if Pooh's Grand Adventure is the better known film despite its lack of a theatrical release.
ImageImage
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I don’t get why they don’t come with digital copies with these exclusive editions. Makes no sense to me. :roll:
netenyahoo

Post by netenyahoo »

Matt wrote:I don’t get why they don’t come with digital copies with these exclusive editions. Makes no sense to me. :roll:
Yeah, I would be a lot more interested in these if they came with digital copies.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

Sotiris wrote:A 25th anniversary edition of The Nightmare Before Christmas will be released on Blu-ray on July 19, 2018.
I see a pre-order up at Best Buy, but it's only for a DVD, not Blu-ray. I wish more attention was being paid to this, 25 year anniversary is huge.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

That is strange considering that this film is so big, especially when it comes to merchandise, but it hasn't really received a spotlight for its 25th anniversary. Maybe they're waiting more for the holiday season when the film sells even more.
ImageImage
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

I am sick of seeing releases of these substandard sequels and the 2 for 1 blu-ray( Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Fox and the Hound) that includes those atrocious sequels. They need to do what they did for Pocahontas and Mulan and release the original film as a solo release. And....where are Melody Time, Make Mine Music, and The Black Cauldron? A bluray that has several of the shorts would be nice as well.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

justcuttinhair wrote:I am sick of seeing releases of these substandard sequels and the 2 for 1 blu-ray( Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, Fox and the Hound) that includes those atrocious sequels. They need to do what they did for Pocahontas and Mulan and release the original film as a solo release. And....where are Melody Time, Make Mine Music, and The Black Cauldron? A bluray that has several of the shorts would be nice as well.
I don't mind the double feature sets. Besides, it's not like Disney would've put more effort into the releases if they were standalone.

At this point, I see MT and MMM being released as a DMC exclusive double feature, and even The Black Cauldron as a DMC exclusive. It's sad that we've had to set our standards this low for home video releases, especially from Disney.
UDer #3495 :D
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Cover art for Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas. The hideous banners are at it again.

The blurb at the bottom mentions never-before-seen bonus so I'm hoping that it applies more to Hocus Pocus than Nightmare since the latter already has a healthy serving of features.
ImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

^^ Not the movies I'm waiting for but it's kind of nice to see an "enthusiastic" blu-ray ad from Disney. I expect this one is directed not really at consumers but more at retailers, no?
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

This is really great, but I wish they would also release a blu-ray/digital update of The Haunted Mansion. They could style all the cases of their "Halloween" movies the same for collectors. I know.....yeah, right.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Has there been any news on the rumored 30th anniversary edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I know last year there was news that Disney was working on the cover art for it as they were finally putting the Disney logo on it but haven't heard anything lately.
ImageImage