Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by D82 »

Thanks JeanGreyForever for explaining me how eBay works! Maybe I'll give it a try now that I know there are more buying options. By the way, I wrote betting, but yes, I meant bidding.
Jules wrote:PatrickvD and D82, does eBay also indicate similar postage costs for items such as DVDs or Blu-rays to the Netherlands and Spain? I wonder if this is just a Malta thing. :(
From what I've seen, in some cases the shipping and import charges are indeed a bit higher to Malta than to Spain, but in others they are the same (if you want you can change the country in the dropdown list to see the charges other countries have and compare). Not all are so high though, I've seen some offers that charge just half that price.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Is it correct that the Saludos Amigos/ Three Caballeros Bluray does not come with a slipcover?

None of the ones available on Ebay come with one.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

PatrickvD wrote:Is it correct that the Saludos Amigos/ Three Caballeros Bluray does not come with a slipcover?

None of the ones available on Ebay come with one.
Correct. No slipcover and no digital copies, unfortunately.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney has released a trailer for the 4K Ultra HD release of The Incredibles which will be available on June 5, 2018.

Cover

Best Buy steelbook exclusive

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur are getting re-released with a "digital code" on May 22, 2018.

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Ugh, I still hate those ugly close-up covers.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Avaitor wrote:Ugh, I still hate those ugly close-up covers.
Right lol?! I thought I was the only one. :D They all look like mugshots! :lol:
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Cover art to the digital (and DMC exclusive physical) release of Return To Never Land:
Attachments
Return To Never Land 2018.jpg
Return To Never Land 2018.jpg (57.25 KiB) Viewed 7429 times
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Not bad. (For a sequel cover.)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Return To Never Land (DMC Exclusive) Blu-ray cover art:
peterpanreturntoneverlandprintbeautyshotsecommercebdpackageshotusrap1524608731896.jpg
peterpanreturntoneverlandprintbeautyshotsecommercebdpackageshotusrap1524608731896.jpg (36.62 KiB) Viewed 7046 times
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^Thanks for posting the cover! All the character art is recycled but I suppose we're used to this by now. I hate how they lightened up Jane's clothes to make them look more pink. I was never fond of sideways titles either.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A 25th anniversary edition of The Nightmare Before Christmas will be released on Blu-ray on July 19, 2018.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I wonder if this release will come with any new features.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

It's more likely to be a repackage of the 2008 disc with a new MoviesAnywhere digital code.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Escapay wrote:It's more likely to be a repackage of the 2008 disc with a new MoviesAnywhere digital code.

Albert
That’s exactly what it will be just like all the rest of the sequels Disney released DMC exclusively lol. :lol:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I seem to recall reading a couple of months ago that the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros blu-ray set sold like hotcakes.

Since Disney should be pleased I wonder when they will announce blu-ray releases for Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Black Cauldron. :milkbuds:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I wonder if they might consider releasing it in stores rather than just as a DMC exclusive. Although I doubt we'd get bonus features from the laserdisc or DVD releases, they'd probably at least add a digital copy.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This storybook is scheduled to be released on February 5, 2019. Usually, Disney's read-along storybooks are indicators of an impending home video release. Taking also into account the live-action remake debuting on March 29, 2019, there's a pretty good chance the animated Dumbo will be re-released on Blu-ray in 2019.

DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

Jules wrote:I seem to recall reading a couple of months ago that the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros blu-ray set sold like hotcakes.

Since Disney should be pleased I wonder when they will announce blu-ray releases for Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Black Cauldron. :milkbuds:
I can only hope they'll do this. We're so close to having all of them on Blu-Ray. I'd like to see a double feature for MMM and MT this summer, followed by a fall release for TBC.
Sotiris wrote:This storybook is scheduled to be released on February 5, 2019. Usually, Disney's read-along storybooks are indicators of an impending home video release. Taking also into account the live-action remake debuting on March 29, 2019, there's a pretty good chance the animated Dumbo will be re-released on Blu-ray in 2019.
I'm curious as to what they'll do for this. I got the DMC exclusive version about six months ago so I wonder if we'll just be getting a wide release for that - Disney has made it painfully clear that they don't care so I can't imagine we'll be getting anything new.
UDer #3495 :D
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

This is more of a rant but just goes to prove that Disney doesn't care. At all.

So, Disney licensed their home video releases on Brazil for a third party company. Everything has been better than it was with Disney - we now get some steelbooks and stuff like that (it was impossible under Disney's reign). And this week, the licensee announced they were re-releasing the Blu-rays of Snow White (2 disc), Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (2 disc), The Lion King (single disc) and Pinocchio (single disc). All righty, I own them all already.

Pinocchio was released as a single disc on Brazil... because Disney said so. Their excuse at the original release was that Blu-ray was untested waters and at the time the discs were not produced on Brazil and importing two discs would make the product pricier. Fine. But now they have no excuse. When I asked the licensee why they wouldn't release it as a 2 disc, since there are Brazilian Portuguese audio and subtitles on the Canadian edition of the disc 2, the answer was that Disney's head office simply didn't release these assets for Brazil. ksldjfsjssdpjf ok I can live with that. I know English and other than the movie, I don't really need audio and subtitles in the rest of the edition. I can simply import the second disc from somewhere else and be happy.

Fine. But now we have several Disney movies that weren't released here in Blu-ray. Disney released them in the rest of the world and didn't say a word about Brazil. Just ignored us. Since every Disney movie released in Brazil has audio or subtitles somewhere else, we know that they just aren't gonna be released, because Disney didn't include the dub anywhere (Emperor's New Groove, Oliver and Company, The Great Mouse Detective, Fun and Fancy Tree...). So I asked the licensee about that. Their answer? "Despite our efforts, Disney's head office have no interest or plans of including Brazilian Portuguese assets on catalog movies". I mean... Brazil doesn't even deserve a release of SALUDOS, AMIGOS?

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I just hate being a Disney fan because of the way they "care" about their legacy. Sometimes I wish I could not care. I hate how attached I'm to these dubs as well. This is frustrating, but I know that if someone in the world is able to understand me, it's one of you.