Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Has there been any news on the rumored 30th anniversary edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I know last year there was news that Disney was working on the cover art for it as they were finally putting the Disney logo on it but haven't heard anything lately.
I really hope it will be released in 4K
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Has there been any news on the rumored 30th anniversary edition of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I know last year there was news that Disney was working on the cover art for it as they were finally putting the Disney logo on it but haven't heard anything lately.
I really hope it will be released in 4K
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is the type of movie I can see them releasing in 4K so here's hoping. The original movie came out in June but Disney has never been very accurate with their anniversary dates so I'm hoping we get a release before the year is up.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

I really wish that they would do a Disney Movie Club exclusive for Make Mine Music and Melody Time...I was pleased with my recent purchase of Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeors (even though they should have had some bonus features attached and a slipcover)...any word of whether or not we can expect Fantasia/Fantasia 2000, to be re-released? It would be a shame for them to exclude all the fabulous features that were on the original blu-ray release.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

justcuttinhair wrote:I really wish that they would do a Disney Movie Club exclusive for Make Mine Music and Melody Time...I was pleased with my recent purchase of Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros.
Me too! :) I now have some faith that it will happen. Prior to last January I was certain none of the remaining WDAS films would ever be released on blu-ray - yet we got that Saludos/Caballeros package out of the blue. Also, internet rumours seem to indicate that that set sold really well (possibly the fastest-selling DMC-Exclusive release ever) so I hope that Disney's home video department is delighted and prepping the remaining titles with glee. :mischief:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

JeanGreyForever wrote:The blurb at the bottom mentions never-before-seen bonus so I'm hoping that it applies more to Hocus Pocus than Nightmare since the latter already has a healthy serving of features.
Even if Disney doesn't deliver, enough material exists elsewhere to create a Do-It-Yourself Special Edition. Of course, I'd rather Disney actually release some of the stuff they have (deleted scenes, EPK interviews, the 20th anniversary Q&A panel at El Capitan), but this is a company who thought it was a bright idea to include a color-changing-subtitled "Fun With Languages" version of Peter Pan on DVD and consider it a legitimate bonus feature. I've given up on them doing anything special on catalog Blu-Rays.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Escapay wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:The blurb at the bottom mentions never-before-seen bonus so I'm hoping that it applies more to Hocus Pocus than Nightmare since the latter already has a healthy serving of features.
Even if Disney doesn't deliver, enough material exists elsewhere to create a Do-It-Yourself Special Edition. Of course, I'd rather Disney actually release some of the stuff they have (deleted scenes, EPK interviews, the 20th anniversary Q&A panel at El Capitan), but this is a company who thought it was a bright idea to include a color-changing-subtitled "Fun With Languages" version of Peter Pan on DVD and consider it a legitimate bonus feature. I've given up on them doing anything special on catalog Blu-Rays.

Albert
Thank you so much for posting this! I definitely need to check out Hocus Pocus in Focus and it's an ingenious idea to use the soundtrack disc and place it in the Blu-Ray cover since we all know that Disney's never going to be making a separate disc for bonus features, at least not for this film.

Restoration aside, the Peter Pan Platinum Edition was probably the worst in the entire platinum line, a title which otherwise would belong to The Lion King.
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

At least, The Lion King did not have the film on 2 different discs. :lol: :lol: :lol: That one was one of the most shocking and worthless bonus features on any Platinum Edition DVD.
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

Best Buy Exclusive steelbook coming for The Nightmare Before Christmas. Not super impressive:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-nightm ... Id=6261320

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Wreck-It Ralph probably coming to 4K Ultra!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=308959
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, still no BD release in Spain for: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Great Mouse Detective and Winnie the Pooh.

I can´t believe it! More so with The Great Mouse Detective since it was part of that batch of Treasure Planet, Oliver and Company...and those were all released here at the same time as in the States.

Here´s hoping for at least the releases of the Winnie the Pooh movies when Christopher Robin gets released in home video.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

If I'm correct, the Winnie the Pooh movies don't have Blu-Ray releases in the UK as well. I guess they've been relegated to kiddie fare, to the point that most people who would buy the Pooh movies are likely parents looking for DVDs to quickly put on rather than adult fans and collectors.

Surprised about The Great Mouse Detective though. I can't think of any reason it would be excluded from Spain's releases.
ImageImage
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Extras for The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along Edition:

https://movies.disney.com/the-nightmare ... -christmas

•Sing-Along Edition
•Deleted Scenes
•The Making of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
•Audio Commentary
•“What’s This?” Jack’s Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour
•Tim Burton’s Original Poem
•Tim Burton’s Early Films: Vincent and Frankenweenie
•Storyboard to Film Comparison
•Original Theatrical Trailers

Also a head's up; while the DVD listing doesn't list the extras, it DOES indeed have extras. In fact, it's another re-release of (disc 1 of the) 2008 CE. I got this release and can confirm.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Looks like Nightmare is keeping the two short films after all, so I'm pleased to hear that, but no art galleries. Looks like nothing new so I don't see a point to double-dip.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A combo pack that includes a DVD is a DMC exclusive. :roll:

There's an FYE exclusive that comes with 4 glow-in-the-dark postcards.

There's the Best Buy exclusive which is a glow-in-the-dark steelbook. I like the minimal cover.

I'll probably get the Target exclusive which comes with a booklet as I'm not that into steelbooks.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

From a poster on Blu-ray.com:
According to a D23 email i received this morning it looks like we are receiving something soon to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday on 10/23. This is what it mentions, "Gather your family around your couch and grab your favorite Mickey sweets, because we’ve got the marathon for you: Walt Disney Animation Studios will celebrate Mickey’s cartoon legacy with the release of Celebrating Mickey, featuring 13 classic short films on Digital and Blu-ray on 10/23."
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Well, that's a start. Too bad they couldn't release more than just 13 shorts. Hoping that Fantasia also gets a release this year to celebrate Mickey's 90th anniversary.
ImageImage
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

zackisthewalrus wrote:From a poster on Blu-ray.com:
According to a D23 email i received this morning it looks like we are receiving something soon to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday on 10/23. This is what it mentions, "Gather your family around your couch and grab your favorite Mickey sweets, because we’ve got the marathon for you: Walt Disney Animation Studios will celebrate Mickey’s cartoon legacy with the release of Celebrating Mickey, featuring 13 classic short films on Digital and Blu-ray on 10/23."
YEP! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE, IT'S HAPPENING!:

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrating-Mick ... 07G26C16N/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A third volume of Pixar shorts is coming.

https://www.amazon.com/Pixar-Short-Film ... B07G28Y3SV
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:A third volume of Pixar shorts is coming.

https://www.amazon.com/Pixar-Short-Film ... B07G28Y3SV
I hadn't realized there are already enough shorts released for a third volume. I guess it will include at least the following titles:

- Partysaurus Rex
- The Legend of Mor'du
- The Blue Umbrella
- Party Central
- Lava
- Riley's First Date?
- Sanjay's Super Team
- Piper
- Lou
- Bao

I'm not sure if the Blu-ray bonus features Hide and Seek (The Good Dinosaur), Dante's Lunch (Coco) and Miss Fritter's Racing Skoool (Cars 3) count as shorts or not. And it would be great if the shorts from the new experimental division (Smash and Grab and Purl) were included.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

According to Pixar Post, the third volume of Pixar shorts will be released on November 13 and will include 13 shorts. The following 11, plus two more that haven't been announced yet:
• Partysaurus Rex
• The Legend of Mordu
• The Blue Umbrella
• Tales From Radiator Springs
• Party Central
• Lava
• Sanjay's Super Team
• Riley's First Date?
• Piper
• Lou
• Bao
I guess the Tales From Radiator Springs are combined into one short.