Monsters at Work

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Re: Monsters at Work

Post by Kyle »

If you mean how he looks, the biggest difference is that his eye (a huge part of him) has been reworked. its now more anatomically correct in terms of how skin around an eye folds and functions. It appears more soft. In the original he had sharp lines.

in both monsters university and monsters at work he now has soft skin with subsurface scattering.

it does have a way of making him look a bit like an eraser or something, but its more accurate to how they probably originally intended but were held back by the tech they had at the time. you see this in all the mosnters by the way, even sully, though you have to look at his exposed skin (not the fur) to see it. look at his lips, his eye lids.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

PatrickvD wrote:Really enjoyed the third episode. The show shines when it focuses on Mike & Sully. Although I did enjoy the new characters more in this episode.

The animation looked better in this episode as well? Or maybe that was just me.
I really enjoy the new characters, but I also love when they focus on Mike & Sully. I think that's one reason why I love the show, that it is a mix of "old and new" for lack of a better phrase.

Episode 3!
-Whoa, Monster snot (or just Phlegm's?) erodes walls!!!
-I wondered if Val is delusional or if Tylor has a twin, but then they expanded on it later on!
-OH NO, the soccer ball!
-OMG Duncan spoke as Snore to her parents!!! WHOA!!!
-Awww, Val's story about meeting Tylor! <3
-Awww, MIKE'S SONG!!! :) <3

Episode 4!
-I was a little surprised that MIFT forgave Tylor as quickly as they did, but they're just really nice monsters I guess. I like that Tylor was coaching them!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Season 2 announcement video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAURj7jmWbE
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I'm glad the show has been officially renewed! I wasn't too excited for it at first, but ended up quite liking it. Especially the parts with Mike and Sully (Mike was hilarious), which had more screen time than I expected, but also the protagonist and the other new characters. And although the humor was a bit different than in the original film, it really felt like returning to the same world. They were also clearly setting up a second season and left some things unresolved, so I'm glad it has been greenlit.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney’s ‘Monsters at Work’: Aubrey Plaza, Nathan Fillion & Jennifer Coolidge Among Season 2 Guest Cast
https://deadline.com/2023/10/disneys-mo ... 235574150/
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Aubrey and Nathan were both in Monsters U, if I remember correctly. I wonder if they'll be playing the same characters or if they'll try to sneak one past us.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

PatchofBlue wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:07 pm Aubrey and Nathan were both in Monsters U, if I remember correctly. I wonder if they'll be playing the same characters or if they'll try to sneak one past us.
They are reprising their roles from Monsters University, alongside Bobby Moynihan as Chet.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

First looks at Claire Wheeler, Johnny Worthington and Chet Alexander: https://x.com/disneyapromos/status/1713 ... CbksqAkz8A

I’m… a bit on the fence with these designs, namely Johnny and Chet. Maybe it’s the jacket Johnny’s wearing, but he seems a bit more heavy-set in this new look. :?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »