DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:24 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

While I understand the enthusiasm for this show, I don't really get why everybody is going gaga over the quality of the animation. What you guys are liking is the traditional character design. The animation itself is very stiff and rigid, and clearly not pure hand-drawn animation but more a hybrid of hand-drawn and 2D puppetry (likely animated in Flash). I also spy much tweening.

If you guys like this what then do you find wrong in Mercury Filmworks' work on the current Mickey Mouse series? :? This is no more prestigious than that, and I think Mercury's animation moves better and is vastly superior to the one in this ultra low-budget production.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jules wrote:
While I understand the enthusiasm for this show, I don't really get why everybody is going gaga over the quality of the animation. What you guys are liking is the traditional character design. The animation itself is very stiff and rigid, and clearly not pure hand-drawn animation but more a hybrid of hand-drawn and 2D puppetry (likely animated in Flash). I also spy much tweening.

In my case, yes, I guess what I like the most is the classic Disney character design and style of animation. But the animation itself is not bad either, in my opinion. It's not as good as the 2D in Disney's feature films, but quite good for a TV program. Perhaps the mix of animation techniques in some parts of the show is what makes it look a bit cheap compared to other similar productions.

Jules wrote:
If you guys like this what then do you find wrong in Mercury Filmworks' work on the current Mickey Mouse series? :? This is no more prestigious than that, and I think Mercury's animation moves better and is vastly superior to the one in this ultra low-budget production.

Isn't this show by Mercury Filmworks too? Anyway, I don't think the animation in the new Mickey Mouse shorts is bad. Not even the animation style. I just don't find it appealing personally.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
Isn't this show by Mercury Filmworks too?

Mercury Filmworks and Atomic Cartoons worked on it too but Six Point Harness was the primary studio responsible for animation production.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Mercury Filmworks and Atomic Cartoons worked on it too but Six Point Harness was the primary studio responsible for animation production.

OK, thanks.

Here are two songs from the show:

"Moai Vacation"
"Goblin Jail"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:06 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jules wrote:

^This.

I figured I was in the minority here. While I'm definitely enjoying this show along with the more traditional character designs, I'd personally prefer to see more stylization done when utilizing limited animation, like in the aforementioned Mickey shorts or the new DuckTales.

Regardless, I'm all for another adventure series within the Disney duck universe. This sometimes feels like a long-lost House of Mouse spin-off. Jose and Panchito are fun characters and it's great to see them revived. April, May, and June are cynical little mini-Daisys. :lol: It feels a little odd that Xandra is a human(oid), but given that she's a goddess it's understandable and it works. Overall, this sort of feels like an obscure [albeit non-existent] 1950s-60s comic with some updates added for a modern audience (if that even make sense, I don't know?).

I'm still scratching my head over why/how this was made when it feels like Disney doesn't believe it has an audience. :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Here are the other two songs from the series:

"Draw the Line"
"Shangri-La-Di-Da"

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm 
Special Edition

Shocking no one, the show is going to Disney+

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/legend-of ... to-disney/

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

rodrigo_ca wrote:

Great! This will certainly make my sister happy. She loves Donald Duck, and "The Three Caballeros" is one of her favorite Disney movies ever.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

rodrigo_ca wrote:

I'm glad about that. I guess it's unlikely, but it would be great if they made a second season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:04 am 
Platinum Edition

It's been officially announced that the series is coming to Disney+.

Source: https://d23.com/donald-duck-fun-facts/

Quote:
Donald’s latest TV venture is also one of his most thrilling. Legend of The Three Caballeros reunites Disney’s top duck with his two amigos from The Three Caballeros (1945). In this animated series, Donald releases Xandra, the Goddess of Adventure, from an enchanted Atlas. Suddenly the Duck, José Carioca, and Panchito find themselves battling mythical monsters around the globe, from the Egyptian pyramids to Mount Rushmore. Legend of The Three Caballeros is expected to be available on Disney+ when Disney’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service launches on November 12, catapulting Donald into a new level of groundbreaking television stardom.
Source: https://d23.com/donald-duck-fun-facts/