Encanto

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: Encanto

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:I have learned that there will be eight original songs in the movie. I have also learned that Mirabel will have two older sisters. Based on the character descriptions, I asuume those are Ines/Dolores and Lydia.
Really? Where did you learn that? If you don`t mind me for asking?
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

D82 wrote:The DisInsider has just posted these character descriptions. They say they're all singing roles and that they expect Disney to officially announce the film tomorrow during their Investor Day. Wasn't the protagonist called Mirabel? Now it seems her name is Mariana.
The main character of the film will be a 15 year old girl named Mariana who is described as a “lovable, funny, fallible, utterly human protagonist”. She uses her humor to cover up struggles with her self-worth. She is a true comedienne, akin to Lucille Ball. Mariana will also be the narrator of the film.

Juana is to be a supporting character in her mid-40s. She is a maternal presence in the film, a deep thinker, and a good listener. She is likely Mariana’s mother or mother-like figure.

Ines is a supporting character in her early 20s. She is the golden child of the family, with a beautiful singing voice. On the outside, she seems to have everything together, yet is deeply insecure. She is most likely Mariana’s sister.

Lydia is a supporting character in her early 20s. She is an athletic jock with a big voice and persona. She is funny, yet sincere and has a small amount of singing.

Fernando is a supporting character in his late 40s. He is handsome, funny and loud. He is the life of the party, loyal and kind, with an excellent singing voice.

Carlos is a 15-year old boy who is Mariana’s enemy. Like Mariana, he is hilariously funny and also a great singer. Has a habit of telling tall tales.

Lastly, there is Andrea who is the matriarch of the family. At 75 years old, she is strong and determined, sometimes to a fault. With a dry wit and a tough presence, she doesn’t let anybody get in her way.
Youtuber Grace Randolph also said earlier today that Disney will announce the movie tomorrow:
Disney Animation will officially announce their next feature tomorrow, Encanto, involving Lin-Manuel Miranda.

I like that there will be an older matriarch character !

I am happy Andrea is in the movie .
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I have learned that there will be eight original songs in the movie. I have also learned that Mirabel will have two older sisters. Based on the character descriptions, I assume those are Ines/Dolores and Lydia.
Thanks for sharing that info with us, Sotiris! I'm glad there'll be so many songs. And yes, those two characters from the descriptions must be her older sisters.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I am really looking forward to this ! :)
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

It`s remarkable to think that we`re only eight months away from Encanto`s release. And there`s been no pictures or concept art of any characters released yet. At least with Raya we had the concept art of Raya and Tuk Tuk. And yeah, forgive me for whining, but I just wanted to rant :P
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

DisneyFan09 wrote:It`s remarkable to think that we`re only eight months away from Encanto`s release. And there`s been no pictures or concept art of any characters released yet. At least with Raya we had the concept art of Raya and Tuk Tuk. And yeah, forgive me for whining, but I just wanted to rant :P
I think they will start releasing some info following Raya's release. I'll bet if that film hadn't been delayed to this year 'cause Covid we would have long had more tidbits from the upcoming Encanto.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I hope SofĂ­a Vergara is in this ! :) :)

After all Disney owns Modern Family :wink:
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

When do you think they will announce the voice cast for this movie ?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

They will announce the voice cast for this movie when they announce the voice cast for this movie.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Jules :lol:
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Jules wrote:They will announce the voice cast for this movie when they announce the voice cast for this movie.
Jules wrote:They will announce the voice cast for this movie when they announce the voice cast for this movie.
You make me angry :x
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

DisneyFan97 wrote:
You make me angry :x
:P Well, you make me angry when I keep clicking to enter this thread after noticing that orange-coloured, wiggly and seductive rectangle on the left calling out to me: "Juuuuuuules! Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuules! There a neeeeeeeeeew post in the Encanto thread. It must be news!!!! You must find out what it is now or you will never be happy!!!!"

So I click like my life depends on it; I scroll down frantically - my breath and heartbeat slowly accelerating, and ...

*GROOOOOAAAAN* - it's just DisneyFan97 asking about the voice cast, again. :lol:

Seriously, if it weren't for Covid-19 travel restrictions, I'd have gotten on the first flight to Sweden and hunted you down - Liam-Neeson-Taken-style - for revenge. :twisted:

Be afraid.

Be very afraid ...

I'm just messing with you, you Swedish rascal. :milkbuds:

Or am I? :mischief:
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

DisneyFan97 wrote:You make me angry :x
DisneyFan97, you`re not allowed to say such things to others users! Haven`t you read the rules? These boards are meant to have a civil discussion, not to insult each other!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Jared Bush wrote:In eight months, @DisneyAnimation’s #Encanto will hit theaters. Tonight, a certain @Lin_Manuel dropped the most important song in the movie on us... and I can only describe it as...
https://twitter.com/thejaredbush/status ... 90784?s=19
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

According to Skyler Shurer from the DisInsider, new character names have been trademarked:
Disney recently trademarked Encanto characters Luisa Madrigal, Antonio Madrigal, and Isabela Madrigal.
Source: https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 9827607556

farerb wrote:
Jared Bush wrote:In eight months, @DisneyAnimation’s #Encanto will hit theaters. Tonight, a certain @Lin_Manuel dropped the most important song in the movie on us... and I can only describe it as...
https://twitter.com/thejaredbush/status ... 90784?s=19
I wish we could listen to it.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Disney recently trademarked Encanto characters Luisa Madrigal, Antonio Madrigal, and Isabela Madrigal.
Those three have to be Mirabel's siblings. Disney wouldn't bother trademarking the parents' or extended family members' names. Which means the names got changed again since the last character descriptions we got. It's getting confusing. Is Antonio/Camilo/Carlos and Isabela/Dolores/Ines or are they different people? I think it's safe to say Louisa is Lydia, Mirabel's athletic sister.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Consumer Products is already hinting at Mirabel joining the Disney Princess franchise despite her not being a princess in the film. This will make her the second character in the line-up after Mulan who isn't royalty.

Source: https://issuu.com/totallicensing/docs/t ... _spring_21
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

If she's a child though, I don't expect her to be a part of the Disney princess line forever. Just like Alice, Lilo, Wendy, and Vanellope were temporary. They may just use the DP line to move merchandise for the movie while it's new and then dump her once the movie's a few years old.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:If she's a child though, I don't expect her to be a part of the Disney princess line forever.
She's not going to be a child. Based on the leaked character descriptions, she's going to be either 15 or 16.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

My oh my. I thought Disney said they weren`t going to include more Princesses in their lineup during Moana`s release. Obviously they`ve changed their policy now :P