DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:23 pm 
Collector's Edition

Amazing trailer. I just KNEW they would be doing that footprint shot as a teaser poster. Simba in the teaser poster looks absolutely incredible. I need to see more characters in motion and need to see them moving and talking and interacting with eachother before I can really judge the animation etc. I do however think the new mix of the music is BREATHTAKING. There is stunning depth in the mix and an even more epic feel to it. I look forward to seeing much more from this!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:17 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

What we saw looked ok. But I think it'll fall apart when we start seeing characters talk, not sounding or acting like what we wanted.

Oh, and the early description of the footage was right, pride rock looks puny, and the change of that mango or coconut thing being changed to a root seemed pretty unnecessary.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:34 pm 
Platinum Edition

I liked the trailer but I agree that when the characters start to speak and they sound different from the animated film, then people will start to get grumbly. The trailer got away with this since only James Earl Jones spoke. I'm curious to see Scar's new design though. I agree that Pride Rock does look awfully small here and I'm curious about the change from the melon to the root. Maybe the root is more accurate to the setting.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:33 am 
Platinum Edition

The YouTube description says, "From Disney Live Action." Are the backgrounds photo-realistic like in Dinosaur? That wasn't touted as from Disney Live Action. And who does the CGI animation for these remakes? Does Disney Live Action have their own animation team?** Is TLK motion-capture? #confused

This will make a lot of $, I'm sure, but I still don't understand the remakes, especially this one, with it not having "live action"...Remember when Michael Eisner thought about CGI remakes? Seems not much different.

**Don’t Let Disney Gaslight You: ‘The Lion King’ Remake Is An Animated Film. Here’s The First Teaser.
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-fil ... 66897.html

Quote:
the lead animation/vfx house is MPC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:34 am 
Platinum Edition

I actually loved the trailer. And the animation. I want to see photorealism. And I liked the root. This whole thing felt epic and powerful to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 am 
Collector's Edition

I liked it. Got a little emotional watching it when Rafiki popped in. But, the reports that Be Prepared has been cut prematurely soured me to this "remake." (Yeah, cut the BEST PART of the original film, guys. Real smart). Hope they went back on that following the backlash. Scar is the only thing I really give a crap about, so, if they screw him up, I'm going to have a bad time at the movies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:26 am 
Limited Edition

Be Prepared was cut? :(

Doesn't matter. I'm still super pumped to see it. I got so teary eyed, and I think I'll be a wreck when I'll see this in theaters. :D

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 am 
Platinum Edition

Was it ever actually confirmed to be cut or was it just not mentioned along with the other songs in an interview or article or something?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:56 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

How wonderful! All the people who are shamed into thinking (hand-drawn) animation is for kids will finally be able to openly say they like the movie.

/s

I like the poster, but the trailer left me cold and annoyed.

Michael Eisner is probably laughing with glee now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 am 
Platinum Edition

Kyle wrote:
Oh, and the early description of the footage was right, pride rock looks puny, and the change of that mango or coconut thing being changed to a root seemed pretty unnecessary.

Yeah, Pride Rock looked so much more majestic and imposing in the original. Either the root is more accurate to the setting or they just made the change so they can claim they didn't keep everything 100% the same and put their own spin on some elements.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Are the backgrounds photo-realistic like in Dinosaur?

Dinosaur uses live-action footage for its backgrounds whereas the environments in The Lion King are CG.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
And who does the CGI animation for these remakes?

Animation is outsourced to third-party VFX studios. Usually, more than one is assigned to each film.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Does Disney Live Action have their own animation team?

No, every project gets assigned to different studio and team based on its capabilities, specialties, budget, style etc.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Is TLK motion-capture?

The Lion King uses a mixture of both performance-capture and key-frame animation in a technique dubbed "virtual production".

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Was it ever actually confirmed to be cut or was it just not mentioned along with the other songs in an interview or article or something?

It was never confirmed. Elton John simply didn't list it among the others in an interview where he was asked about the songs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:47 am 
Platinum Edition

Aside from the still-untitled, end-credits song performed by Beyonce, there will be another new song, either in the movie itself or as the second end-credit song, called "Inviting All of You" which will be performed by JD McCrary, the voice of young Simba. The song sounds similar to "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" so I'm not sure how it'll work having two similar songs sung by young Simba in the movie's first act.

Quote:
John and Rice will, however, return to The Lion King to compose a new a song for the film, collaborating with Beyonce. In an interview with THR in February, McCrary announced the name of another new song written for the film, "Inviting All of You".
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ke-1123979

Quote:
While audience members won’t get to hear McCrary voice young Simba until summer 2019, he did reveal the title of his new song: “Inviting All of You.” “Everybody can listen to it,” the actor said. “It doesn’t matter what age you are, what race you are, what gender you are — it doesn’t matter. You could be anybody and you could listen to it.”
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... io-1084325

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 am 
Limited Edition

Is of just me or does Rafiki climbing pride rock looks wack compared to the original. Overall ..thus far I am not impressed..https://www.facebook.com/63600607540/po ... 991122541/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:27 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Aside from the still-untitled, end-credits song performed by Beyonce, there will be another new song, either in the movie itself or as the second end-credit song, called "Inviting All of You" which will be performed by JD McCrary, the voice of young Simba.

I'm glad they're doing a new song. But, why for Young Simba? I Just Can't Wait to Be King is enough for him. Older Simba, Nala, Mufasa and Rafiki are desperately needed for solos. That's what the movie needs to fix from the original. Endless Night, Shadowland and They/He Live(s) in You would be thrilling to see and hear in the big screen.

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:

It was never confirmed. Elton John simply didn't list it among the others in an interview where he was asked about the songs.

Yeah, I'll believe when I see it. They wouldn't cut a iconic song like that.

Mooky wrote:
Michael Eisner is probably laughing with glee now.

Yup, Bob Iger is carrying his legacy for him. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:43 pm 
Collector's Edition

uhm, maybe someone got their info mixed up....

https://youtu.be/Fym7CxVgbXs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

robster16 wrote:
uhm, maybe someone got their info mixed up...

Thanks for setting the record straight. I can't believe the journalist at The Hollywood Reporter made such a glaring mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:42 pm 
Gold Collection

There seem to be a lot of people already saying that this movie is completely unnecessary.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:55 pm 
Collector's Edition

Here is an interview with John Kani which was done today where they talk about the recording proces for his role of Rafiki

https://ewn.co.za/2018/11/23/listen-leg ... -king-role

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:48 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hardbackyoyo wrote:
There seem to be a lot of people already saying that this movie is completely unnecessary.

My sis and her husband think I sound like an old man for not being excited for it. I think that will be the general consensus. Maybe it'll change once its out and turns out underwelming. This is basically my favorite dinsey movie (if we exclude pixar) of all time, what's so stick in the mud about realizing you can't make a better movie than original?

I'm not even always against remakes. I'd rather watch King Kong over the source material with stop motion any day, I even liked the willy wonka remake about as much as the original, but something like this? Can't be done. The bar was set too high.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:21 am 
Platinum Edition

Yes, the casuals are ENORMOUSLY excited as I knew they would be, just going by the other forums I visit that aren't Disney-related. I'm more excited about Aladdin right now myself. I love the original TLK, but this is the weirdest remake for the fact that it's really CGI, not live-action. Scar being a white lion has been the most--only?--interesting thing we've learned about this. I'm going to keep an open mind though, because The Jungle Book was their best remake thus far and there's only Mowgli and a couple of appearances by other humans in that film.

I really doubt this soundtrack will touch the original's or the musical's (I prefer the musical to the animated soundtrack, personally), but I am definitely interested in how Beyonce's song will turn out. I'm sure Elton John will pull out the stops to deliver her a great song.

The Weather Girls ~ "It's Raining Men"
Christina Aguilera ~ "Beautiful"
LeAnn Rimes ~ "Love Is Love Is Love"
Gloria Gaynor ~ "I Am What I Am"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:09 am 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
I'm glad they're doing a new song. But, why for Young Simba? I Just Can't Wait to Be King is enough for him. Older Simba, Nala, Mufasa and Rafiki are desperately needed for solos. That's what the movie needs to fix from the original. Endless Night, Shadowland and They/He Live(s) in You would be thrilling to see and hear in the big screen.

Agreed. Young Simba already has a song and I would have loved to have seen any (if not all) of those songs you mentioned from the musical. Nala is at least getting a new song but I wish adult Simba could get one too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 35  Next