DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
Vanessa looks similar to Ariel, not the same, which is why no one comments on how they look compared to each other.

Yes, I feel the same. Ariel and Vanessa don't look like twins, but they both have similar hairstyles, similar body types,
big eyes...(Not that Ursula necessarily chose her eye shape; that's just the film/Disney's style!)

Personally, I never saw Vanessa as an evil version of Ariel either, but I agree that there are some similarities between the two. In my opinion, Ursula transformed into someone that could pass for the girl who had saved Eric to the people he could've described her to, but not too similar to not make Ariel and her friends suspect she was cheating or the rest think she was Ariel's twin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:04 am 
Platinum Edition

Yes, I agree blackcauldron85 and D82.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:50 am 
Platinum Edition

Just for the record, while I did call Vanessa a dark version of Ariel, I just wanted to be clear that I don’t think they look exactly alike either. I know there are surface differences, mostly making Vanessa sharper than Ariel, and the eyes in particular are different (depending on the shot—they look more like Ursula’s when they do close-ups on her thought process than when she’s just standing back smiling and playing the part). I also think Vanessa’s moment with Max on the boat at the end sort of mirrors his first meeting with Ariel somewhat, as far as Max in both scenes seeing something the humans don't. He sees Ariel and licks her face versus him seeing Vanessa as fake and Ursula kicking him in the face.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

SkylerShuler wrote:
I think [Kacey Musgraves] has passed... just reached out to some reps regarding another actress possibly in the mix.

https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 13440?s=19

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Just for the record, while I did call Vanessa a dark version of Ariel, I just wanted to be clear that I don’t think they look exactly alike either. I know there are surface differences, mostly making Vanessa sharper than Ariel, and the eyes in particular are different (depending on the shot—they look more like Ursula’s when they do close-ups on her thought process than when she’s just standing back smiling and playing the part).

Yes, I agree that she looks more similar to Ariel when she's smiling. And especially when she's shown in profile because the shape of her forehead and nasal bridge is quite similar to Ariel's.

Image Image

However, in shots like this one, the differences are more noticeable (Vanessa's face is longer, her eyes and lips have a different shape and the hairstyle is not the same):

Image Image

It's also interesting that the color of her eyes is purple, which is one of Ursula's colors, so I guess that's a clue that she's the sea witch. In this shot it can be seen quite well.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I also think Vanessa’s moment with Max on the boat at the end sort of mirrors his first meeting with Ariel somewhat, as far as Max in both scenes seeing something the humans don't. He sees Ariel and licks her face versus him seeing Vanessa as fake and Ursula kicking him in the face.

It could be. I love that she can't fool Max. In real life dogs also have a sixth sense for things like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76