DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

farerb wrote:
nomad2010 wrote:
I figured she for sure was because Halle cut her dreadlocks much shorter than they were. I’m wondering what they plan on doing then because they’re quite short currently and definitely not Ariel long. I’m sure they can do extensions or whatnot, but it seems silly to do that when she had them long and then have her cut them shorter. I don’t particularly care what her hair looks like as long as it’s visually stunning underwater, but I sure am curious what the plan is if they’re not doing a wig.

CGI hair.

That makes the most sense considering how much CGI they use for hair in the Marvel films. If they do that for characters in space, they'll definitely do the same for a character underwater.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:43 pm 
Collector's Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
farerb wrote:
nomad2010 wrote:
I figured she for sure was because Halle cut her dreadlocks much shorter than they were. I’m wondering what they plan on doing then because they’re quite short currently and definitely not Ariel long. I’m sure they can do extensions or whatnot, but it seems silly to do that when she had them long and then have her cut them shorter. I don’t particularly care what her hair looks like as long as it’s visually stunning underwater, but I sure am curious what the plan is if they’re not doing a wig.

CGI hair.

That makes the most sense considering how much CGI they use for hair in the Marvel films. If they do that for characters in space, they'll definitely do the same for a character underwater.

But a wig isn’t being used period. We know underwater will be CGI, but does that mean they’ll CGI her hair on land too? That would definitely be an interesting choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:51 pm 
Platinum Edition

nomad2010 wrote:
But a wig isn’t being used period. We know underwater will be CGI, but does that mean they’ll CGI her hair on land too? That would definitely be an interesting choice.

It's possible they'll CGI her hair on land as well like you said, especially if they feel a wig wouldn't do justice to how they've designed her hair underwater and to remain continuity. Star Wars has shown that you can CGI hair and still make it look realistic.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:17 am 
Platinum Edition

Fan-made poster by Fabio Rodrigues.

Source: https://twitter.com/fabio_rodrigz/statu ... 4313114624

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:47 pm 
Platinum Edition

Something about it feels very incomplete... I think it's because the palace is dark and doesn't stand out. Although I think that will happen with the finished film though. I expect Triton's trident to be a gaudy, unshapely mess, too.

Aida OBC ~ "Written in the Stars"
Aida OBC ~ "I Know the Truth"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:08 am 
Platinum Edition

That's amazing and super cool! Oh, it's exciting just looking at that poster!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:22 am 
Collector's Edition

I think this movie will be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:17 pm 
Platinum Edition

John Musker on the live-action remake.

Quote:
He’s skeptical about Disney’s forthcoming live-action remake of The Little Mermaid: “I wish them well with that, but [people speaking and singing underwater] is a convention, a stylization, that I think is easy to accept in a hand-drawn film.”
Source: https://www.cartoonbrew.com/educational ... 93684.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:36 pm 
Platinum Edition

It's true, a lot of the beauty of the original film was always going to be difficult to re-create in a re-make. The way the hair moved, the seashell bra, etc. It's harder to make those things work in live-action or with 3D, rather, I should say. Even if the film was re-created flat-out as a 3D film, it wouldn't be the same--and I'm assuming this film is going to have to rely a great deal on digital re-creation for the underwater scenes, so... Same thing, basically. :lol: And that's even if they had people in charge who didn't seem to be incompetent like Marshall and Miranda.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Do you think the best way to approach the underwater scenes is like Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Basically, human characters in an stylized animated environment? To play into the fantasy, not to shy away from it. I mean, I’m going to be so disappointed if the trailer comes out and it’s Halle Bailey and Melissa McCarthy with photorealistic animals and a CGI environment that looks like The Lion King remake. That’s not what I want at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

Whatever approach they take, the end result will be underwhelming and disappointing. I've already prepared myself for that. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Whatever approach they take, the end result will be underwhelming and disappointing. I've already prepared myself for that. :lol:

We had the other remakes to prepare us for that since 2014. Not going to be disappointed though, I know exactly what I'm going to get. I at least hope the soundtrack will be good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:28 am 
Platinum Edition

What would be awful is if the film aged really badly. That would hurt my heart; my ultimate favourite Disney film aged horrifically by something that was 'cutting edge' in 2020 but then won't be timeless.

That's why things like practical sets are so wonderful, and are rarely used these days any more which is such a shame !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 am 
Collector's Edition

UmbrellaFish wrote:
I’m going to be so disappointed if the trailer comes out and it’s Halle Bailey and Melissa McCarthy with photorealistic animals and a CGI environment that looks like The Lion King remake. That’s not what I want at all.

Oh, I'm almost willing to bet money that that's the way they're gonna go with this. I can only imagine what Sebastian and Flounder will look like..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 am 
Limited Edition

My hope for the film is that it won't be like Beauty and the Beast. That one tried to take itself too seriously. Everything about it had to be realistic, and that kinda ruined the fantasy aspect of the story. I did like the remake, though, but this always stands out when I watch it. I hope they'll go the Aladdin way, and not be afraid to make it more cartoonish, including the musical numbers. :)

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:51 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

supertalies wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:
I’m going to be so disappointed if the trailer comes out and it’s Halle Bailey and Melissa McCarthy with photorealistic animals and a CGI environment that looks like The Lion King remake. That’s not what I want at all.

Oh, I'm almost willing to bet money that that's the way they're gonna go with this. I can only imagine what Sebastian and Flounder will look like..

I know... that’s kind of what I’m anticipating. But gosh, I hope they have enough sense not to do this....

Flounder with cold, dead fish eyes... ick!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:16 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

UmbrellaFish wrote:
Flounder with cold, dead fish eyes... ick!

I can't wait for these funko pops to arrive, I'm sure they'll be as great as this:

There's a rumor going around that while you sleep, these might go to your room and eat your soul.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

My eyes!!!!

I actually think Lumiere’s was the creepiest. I think the designs were cool at a distance, but when you give them human voices and feelings with those uber realistic designs, it really amplifies the horror of the fairy tale haha.

EDIT: lol just found out that the song to all those TikTok videos is by the new Ariel and her sister lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:26 pm 
Collector's Edition

Not gonna lie, I've been mentally preparing myself for a creepy photorealistic emotionless Flounder and Sebastian ever since this movie was announced. (The Lion King remake scarred me lol.) I'm almost scared to imagine what Under the Sea will look like :huh:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

I actually didn’t mind the servants in B&tB 2017 other than Lumiere. I’ve expected Flounder, Sebastian, and F&J to be photorealistic from the beginning…. There was no way they were going to look like the animated film, particularly not Flounder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next