DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:04 pm 
Platinum Edition

Naturally I don't feel that way about B&tB. *shrug* As for Melissa McCarthy, she plays diverse characters, it just depends on how she's directed. In Can You Ever Forgive Me? she plays an older, more plain-looking woman than her usual characters, who is full of self-pity, bitterness, desperation, etc. Which is like Ursula. But modern Disney doesn't know how villains even work anymore, so I have no faith in their ability to direct her properly. Anyway, it's much easier to age someone than it is to make them look younger; she doesn't have to look eighty or anything anyway. I don't even think she should be full-stop purple all over via digital means, but they can give her a purple sheen on top of really pale white skin. Sort of how many older, white women who sometimes where rouge on their face, they often look sort of deathly pale and the rouge is purple-ish rather than red. That would work for me.

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon ~ "Almost Heaven"
Samantha Diaz ~ "Rise Up" (cover)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:56 am 
Collector's Edition

I am sure this WON'T be as GREAT AS the original IT CAN'T BE ! :)

The original is perfect, it and Beauty and the Beast ARE MASTERPIECES OF ANIMATION !!! :D :D :D :D :D !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

Oh, no, I don't expect this could have ever been as good as the originals; they are masterpieces, like you said. But I expected something at least as good as the live-action Aladdin and B&tB. Those aren't high bars by any means. :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:39 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Jodi Benson has not (yet) been asked to be appear in The Little Mermaid remake.

Quote:
Disney has been on a string of live-action remakes and they are working on a remake of The Little Mermaid. Do you know if you are going to be a part of that at all?

I don’t know. The production has stopped, of course. I believe they were in rehearsal for three weeks in the UK and I think everything has taken a break. But, I have no idea if I’m going to be a part of any of that! It certainly would a lovely surprise and gift to get to be part of something like that. Either way, I am excited to get to see the film. The more opportunities we have to enjoy the film, the better it is. Whether it’s on Broadway, the live television special, the original film, and now the live-action. We’ve had albums, we’ve had books on tape, it still is just getting back to the story and that’s what’s so great. We get to introduce the next generation to each and every thing.

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/04/02/in ... ssion=true

I’m actually really surprised by this. Rob Marshall is like the king of cameos— the original Annie in his Annie, the original Velma Kelly in his Chicago, Dick Van Dyke and Karen Dotrice in Mary Poppins Returns. Would he really not ask a longtime and beloved Disney vet like Jodi Benson to cameo in his new adaptation? There’s still time to ask her (and other members of the original cast like Pat Carroll, Samuel E Wright, and CD Barnes) and I hope they do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:55 pm 
Platinum Edition

Have any of the remakes included cameos, aside from James Earl Jones reprising his role on The Lion King? There was a lot of talk of Ming-Na Wen appearing in the live-action Mulan, but I don't think that came to fruition either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Have any of the remakes included cameos, aside from James Earl Jones reprising his role on The Lion King? There was a lot of talk of Ming-Na Wen appearing in the live-action Mulan, but I don't think that came to fruition either.

That’s my worry is that it could be a directive from Disney Studios, but why? I hope it’s not a weird, convoluted character integrity thing...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:11 pm 
Platinum Edition

I remember hoping Angela Lansbury would cameo in the B&tB re-make as the Enchantress in her older, ugly form, but that didn't happen. Somehow I doubt any cameos will happen here, especially since this is being much less faithful than the B&tB re-make as it is.

Sotiris wrote:

Really? :lol: A lot of talk, indeed. :roll: Disney was all hot air with that film when they were trying to cool down the backlash over all the songs and characters being cut.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:17 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Q: What are you working on right now?

Alan Menken: Of course, we're doing The Little Mermaid live-action movie. We were just recording songs in London for that just as this whole thing was coming to a head. We actually got the songs recorded. Melissa McCarthy came in and sang Ursula, Javier Bardem came in and sang King Triton, Daveed Diggs, who's from Hamilton, sang Sebastian, Awkwafina...she's Scuttle. Lin-Manuel Miranda and I wrote four new songs for the movie, plus we have the other songs from the original.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTv0Sc4TPRE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:22 pm 
Platinum Edition

So they did give Scuttle a song. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that the four new songs are solos for Ariel, Eric, Scuttle, and Triton.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

I can’t believe they’d waste songs on Triton and Scuttle rather than give us a duet between Ariel and Eric. Pinheads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:41 pm 
Collector's Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I can’t believe they’d waste songs on Triton and Scuttle rather than give us a duet between Ariel and Eric. Pinheads.

That doesn’t mean they’re exclusively solo songs for them. For all we know Scuttle sings in Kiss the Girl now instead. And Triton could duet with anyone. I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I wouldn’t give up hope yet. I can’t see them giving both their own solo songs though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm happy that Triton is singing! It's too bad it's not Norm Lewis :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:21 pm 
Platinum Edition

nomad2010 wrote:
I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I wouldn’t give up hope yet. I can’t see them giving both their own solo songs though.
You're right. Plus, I remember that link UmbrellaFish posted about the ship featured the info. about Ariel's sisters and mother in relation to the music, which signified to me at least that they might sing. Maybe Triton's song is at the beginning with the rest of the family, he just has a larger role in the song itself than the others (especially if it ends with him singing alone after Ariel's mother's death.)

I really hope Scuttle doesn't have a part in "Kiss the Girl" though. :lol: I imagine Scuttle will have a solo song when Ariel surfaces on land, where "Positoovity" is placed in the musical.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

nomad2010 wrote:
That doesn’t mean they’re exclusively solo songs for them. For all we know Scuttle sings in Kiss the Girl now instead. And Triton could duet with anyone. I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I wouldn’t give up hope yet. I can’t see them giving both their own solo songs though.

Well, it's still possible the Triton song is a duet or an ensemble song, but that doesn't apply to Scuttle. Menken clearly stated that Scuttle was getting his own song.

Alan Menken wrote:
We’re writing a new song for Eric. We’re writing a new song for Ariel. We’re writing a new song for Scuttle.
Source: https://www.broadway.com/buzz/197177/li ... ow-people/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:34 pm 
Platinum Edition

The more I think about it, I'll give them a pass on Scuttle here only because they got a big star like Awkwafina in the role. That's the only reason. She might make something tedious and unnecessary entertaining.

I'm also assuming Ariel's new song is where "Beyond My Wildest Dreams" is in the musical. Scuttle's song followed by that followed by "Les Poissons" with "Kiss the Girl" right after is going to be quite a jam. Of course we haven't heard anything about Chef Louis, so I won't be surprised if they cut one of Ashman's songs to make way for Miranda's Scuttle addition. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 pm 
Collector's Edition

I am SO GLAD Scuttle is getting a song !!! :D :D

I find Scuttle to be very underated !

I won't mind cutting Louis is a bit to cartoony for a live action movie anyway :lol: :)

But if the keep him i prey to (thechristian)god they cast Gordan Ramsy !! :lol: :lol: :lol: rotfl rotfl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyFan97 wrote:
I won't mind cutting Louis is a bit to cartoony for a live action movie anyway :lol: :)

He is... But Scuttle is worse, jmo. "Les Poissons" will probably be funnier and more lyrically clever than whatever Scuttle's song will be. I mean, compare it to Scuttle's songs from the musical. :huh:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:17 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Four new songs seems like a lot, although it balances out better if they eliminate Daughters of Triton, Les Poissons, and maybe even Fathoms Below.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:30 am 
Limited Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Four new songs seems like a lot, although it balances out better if they eliminate Daughters of Triton, Les Poissons, and maybe even Fathoms Below.

They balance it with making the film 30 minutes longer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next