The Little Mermaid (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: The Little Mermaid (Live-Action)

Post by Atlantica »

Those posters are AMAZING robster16 !!!! You are seriously talented :)

The only thing with dreadlocks under water, would they look a bit snake like ? That's my only thought about it really. I may be completely wrong with that, but that's just the thought that pops into my head when thinking of them floating / moving about. :?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The tentacles and necklace / green smoke look amazing, robster! :) I hate the hair, but that's a problem with the remake itself, not your wonderful artwork.

Ursula is definitely a dark take on the Fairy Godmother concept, imo.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Just as stunning as your Ariel fanart robster16! Disney should look at your designs.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, very well done robster16!!! She looks evil there and actually kind of perfect which I never would have expected from McCarthy.

Everyone's hair underwater will have CGI to make it float because we already know that's what they are doing with Ursula's hair instead of the wig. Am I wrong?
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I love your Posters! I hope that Disney will use bright colors. I don't wanna see dark colours in a movie like that. I also hope no braids for Ariel. I want a hair like Mera's.
Disney's Divinity

I keep coming back to look at your picture, robster! So, so pretty. I really hope the tentacles look that gorgeous. It just suits the character so well. Unsettling and yet something about the way they look there makes me think of the lushness, grandeur, and excess of a haughty aristocrat type and yet there's the meticulous, fine detail that suits a character that's all about the details.

I don't know why this hair style the remake is going with for her keeps making me think of Marie Antoinette. I guess it's because it looks like whip cream and I keep thinking of that Kirsten Dunst movie where she's eating desserts the whole time? :lol:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Thumper_93 wrote:I love your Posters! I hope that Disney will use bright colors. I don't wanna see dark colours in a movie like that. I also hope no braids for Ariel. I want a hair like Mera's.
Even though I can't stand Amber Heard, I loved her look as Mera in Aquaman!
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Those two posters are amazing. :D they look official ;) But most likely, the characters will look different in the remake than in the animation.

Meanwhile, according to Wikipedia, filming is scheduled to start this summer. Is this confirmed?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Would depend on how long the lockdown stays in place in the UK, where they're supposed to be filming The Little Mermaid. This is a big production, so you can't exactly film the movie with a small crew. Until the pandemic slows down and it's a lot safer for the cast and crew to go on set, they won't be filming for a while.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Ok so this is probably a bit off topic and very random, but for some reason I only just now realised that the robster16 on this forum is the same robster from instagram! I've literally been following you on instagram for years (love your photography and the drawing livestreams you did!). I remembered that there was a user on this forum called robster as well but for some reason I never connected the dots and realised you were the same person. :oops: And now I feel silly lol.

Anyway, love your art! They're amazing. Onwijs mooi!
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

supertalies wrote:Ok so this is probably a bit off topic and very random, but for some reason I only just now realised that the robster16 on this forum is the same robster from instagram! I've literally been following you on instagram for years (love your photography and the drawing livestreams you did!). I remembered that there was a user on this forum called robster as well but for some reason I never connected the dots and realised you were the same person. :oops: And now I feel silly lol.

Anyway, love your art! They're amazing. Onwijs mooi!
D'aaaaw, thanks so much :) I'm so glad you like what I do. Huge compliment! Thanks to everyone btw who responded so positively to my artwork. I love doing these visual predictions of what the real thing might look like, and have been doing them for years. Just happy to add some positive discussion points! :) :up:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

robster16 wrote: D'aaaaw, thanks so much :) I'm so glad you like what I do. Huge compliment! Thanks to everyone btw who responded so positively to my artwork. I love doing these visual predictions of what the real thing might look like, and have been doing them for years. Just happy to add some positive discussion points! :) :up:
I so appreciate that! Heaven knows this thread needs way more positivity to counter all the backhanded racism that's been plaguing this place.
ImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

When will we get casting for Grisby and the voices of the Elecrtic Eles ?

And who is really playing Triton ?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyFan97 wrote:And who is really playing Triton ?
Javier Bardem was finally confirmed for the role.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: The tail of Ariel in The Little Mermaid will be just in CGI or will there be a "costume tail" too?

Skyler Shuler: Mix of practical and special effects.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/ldC8qJ8.jpg
Q: Will Halle use a wig or just dye her hair on The Little Mermaid?

Skyler Shuler: A wig is NOT being used.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/oeemeSX.jpg
Q: Is Chloe Bailey still being considered for Vanessa?

Skyler Shuler: Someone has the role now...but who?
Source: https://i.imgur.com/9df151m.jpg
Q: What were the story changes that one Disney exec hinted at for The Little Mermaid?

Skyler Shuler: They've added new scenes like a a royal ball. Apparently, Colleen Atwood designed a brand new dress for Ariel that I hear is quite stunning.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/i9mQQWM.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

A royal ball is not a story change, it's just a way of padding the movie in order for it to be unnecessarily longer. I don't think anyone thought there won't be new dresses for Ariel, also not a story change.
Disney's Divinity

A royal ball sounds like more garbage from the musical. Meaning Vanessa won’t even be in this. Shocker. It's clear Marshall-Miranda have no love for the original film at all.

As for the wig, I never thought she would be wearing a wig. I’m not sure why anyone would have.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:As for the wig, I never thought she would be wearing a wig. I’m not sure why anyone would have.
I figured she for sure was because Halle cut her dreadlocks much shorter than they were. I’m wondering what they plan on doing then because they’re quite short currently and definitely not Ariel long. I’m sure they can do extensions or whatnot, but it seems silly to do that when she had them long and then have her cut them shorter. I don’t particularly care what her hair looks like as long as it’s visually stunning underwater, but I sure am curious what the plan is if they’re not doing a wig.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

nomad2010 wrote: I figured she for sure was because Halle cut her dreadlocks much shorter than they were. I’m wondering what they plan on doing then because they’re quite short currently and definitely not Ariel long. I’m sure they can do extensions or whatnot, but it seems silly to do that when she had them long and then have her cut them shorter. I don’t particularly care what her hair looks like as long as it’s visually stunning underwater, but I sure am curious what the plan is if they’re not doing a wig.
CGI hair.
Disney's Divinity

nomad2010 wrote:
I figured she for sure was because Halle cut her dreadlocks much shorter than they were. I’m wondering what they plan on doing then because they’re quite short currently and definitely not Ariel long. I’m sure they can do extensions or whatnot, but it seems silly to do that when she had them long and then have her cut them shorter. I don’t particularly care what her hair looks like as long as it’s visually stunning underwater, but I sure am curious what the plan is if they’re not doing a wig.
I guess I just don't really expect her hair to look like Ariel's, in either color or style / shape. I think they'll probably use extensions in some way, but not to give her hair a long, flowing look. I think she'll simply have a more movie star glam-ified version of the hairstyle she already has. I didn't know about her having cut her hair, but my assumption from that would be that she probably wanted to start re-growing it out in coordination with the hair and makeup department's demands or assistance. I thought it was common for a lot of actors to cut their hair before they start filming a movie?