Zootopia 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Zootopia 2

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ I just saw that on another site and thought of you! I can't wait to see photos once completed. They better have the ice cream parlor/jumbo pops, and Little Rodentia!!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha thank you for thinking of me !

I know, they can do so much with it ... I wonder if they will do different mini 'lands' to represent all the different worlds of Zootopia ? I wonder what the ride will be based on ... wonder if it will be in the rainforest, and it will be a coaster or something so you can mimic Judy & Nick ?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

So excited that Zootopia is actually getting a theme park expansion. I had no interest in any of the China parks but that will change now. I hope this will tie-in with an actual sequel though!
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Hoping it transfers to Animal Kingdom :D
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Welp....the third one is already happening!
I can tell you for sure I’m doing another Zootopia with Disney. We doing three of them… We the biggest film that Disney is producing. The last one was 240 million. This one I’m hearing will be 300 million. That’s what they spent on the budget, not the advertising.
https://wdwnt.com/2019/02/zootopia-gett ... ice-actor/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Looks like this is getting an announcement before Dragon Empire. 3 sequels in a row?
Tomorrow... maybe a little something #Zootopia... (it’s not an announcement) #DisneyAnimation #Disney #Zootropolis #Animation
https://twitter.com/ByronPHoward/status ... 0277045248
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

If it's anything like what we've seen so far of Frozen 2 (rather than the abysmal WIR2), I'll be so excited for this!
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

But, if Byron Howard says it's not an announcement, it can't be about Zootopia 2, or can it?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It's just an art he did for the film's third anniversary

https://twitter.com/ByronPHoward/status ... 61217?s=19
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

They seem reluctant to officially announce this film, despite everyone knowing that it's coming.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

farerb wrote:It's just an art he did for the film's third anniversary

https://twitter.com/ByronPHoward/status ... 61217?s=19
Cute.

I believe Dragon Empire will come before this.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: Do you think they’ll announce Zootopia 2 at D23?

Skyler Shuler: No, but once again if I'm proven wrong I wouldn't be mad.

Q: I thought you said early this year that an announcement of some sort would happen at D23. Was that misinformation?

Skyler Shuler: All I can say Zootopia 2 isn't going to be announced, take that as you will.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/11 ... 1755202560
Skyler Shuler: No one said Zootopia 2 isn’t happening. All I can say based on people I know close to the studio, no announcement will be made at D23.

Q: Have you ever thought that they’re keeping it a secret from everyone?

Skyler Shuler: Disney animated films for 2020/2021 are original films, if an announcement comes it’ll be at D23 in 2021.

Q: But in December you tweeted “…next year during D23, as news should drop regarding Dragon Empire, Onward, Zootopia 2, and the many original films in development at both Disney and Pixar.”

Skyler Shuler: I did, but those plans changed. Like I said, I never said Zootopia 2 isn’t happening, just the D23 announcement isn’t.

Q: Plans changed because Rich Moore left Disney?

Skyler Shuler: I assume so, but Byron is the heart of Zootopia, not Rich.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/11 ... 7417109504
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

I think Disney doesn't want to talk about it because of all the backlash over sequels. I don't doubt it's coming sooner than we know.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

It is certainly nice to discover that, among the 3 new Pixar movies and the 2 new WDAS films coming in 2020 and 2021, there will be only but original projects! Although I have to admit it is well proven by now that both WDAS and Pixar have enough creativity to handle and make refreshing sequels that feels like new movies, original features will be very welcome to compensate with this large amount of sequels both studios have been doing over the past few years
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Officer Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde are coming back to the big screen, as according to our sources, Zootopia 2 is currently in development at Disney. The sequel to the beloved animated film will be aiming to bring back as much of the talented voice cast as it can, too, including Ginnifer Goodwin and Jason Bateman. Plot details, meanwhile, haven’t surfaced just yet, but this scoop comes to us from the same source who relayed that Aladdin 2 would be happening long before the official news broke, so we have no reason to doubt it.
Source: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/zoo ... nt-disney/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Is this site trustworthy?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

farerb wrote:Is this site trustworthy?
Not at all, but it's only a matter of time for the movie to be officially announced anyway.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I don’t know if I said it before here, but I personally think a good focus for the sequel’s plot would be about accepting interracial/same-sex couples. Especially since they’re still “taboo” in the real world and the first film’s focus was on defying your label (“Bunnies can’t be cops” or “Foxes are only seen as untrustworthy and conniving”) and pushing back against racism.
Disney's Divinity

I agree, DisneyJedi! I've been hoping that Nick and Judy might become a couple in either Zootopia 2 or 3 since seeing the first one. I mean, I'll probably enjoy the sequels even if they don't, but it seems like the natural development for the characters considering how much chemistry they had in the first film, imo.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I agree, DisneyJedi! I've been hoping that Nick and Judy might become a couple in either Zootopia 2 or 3 since seeing the first one. I mean, I'll probably enjoy the sequels even if they don't, but it seems like the natural development for the characters considering how much chemistry they had in the first film, imo.
I’d be really surprised if they did. Pleasantly surprised, mind you, but surprised. Much like the buddy road trip cliche, or the surprise villain cliche, as of late it seems Disney is on the “you don’t need to be in a relationship to be complete” cliche. I don’t mind that message as I think it’s healthy, but how many films will they go through before they feel like it’s ok to do a romance again? At this point we have Merida, Ralph, Elsa, Moana, Elena (if you count her), and now apparently Raya as well.

Nick and Judy at this point probably qualify as well. It’d be interesting to see whether fans would embrace a relationship as some sort of natural progression or whether there would be an outcry that Disney was selling out or insinuating that Judy or Nick weren’t complete before as single characters.