The Three Caballeros Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

The Three Caballeros Discussion

Post by AwallaceUNC »

The latest addition to DDMan26's Snow White discussion thread...

The Three Caballeros

Discuss!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I think it's a great movie. Very imaginative. Loose structure, but so what.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

I love this movie with it's diferent sections and it's brotherhood of different country characters. Very positive message in there. (Always left me wanting a 3rd part of an "Americas trilogy" in which Pancho and José go with Donald and explore the US, maybe bumping into Goofy and Mickey along the way.
Heh, add 2 more characters and you'd have the magnificent seven.

The colors the colors.

The psicodelic non stop ending

the shrinking and the expanding of the characters

Donald in Wonderland

And hey, Donald knows how to work a projector :D 16mm one.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

The Three Caballeros is a wonderful Disney Animated Film but not many people agree with my opinion.
Donald Duck, Joe Carioca and Panchito make a wonderful trio in this film and the Latin music is wonderful to hear. The Three Caballeros was a low budget film at the time because of WWII so Walt Disney made segments films. I also enjoy watching "The Cold-Blooded Penguin" and "The Flying Guachito." I really hope Three Caballeros gets an upgrade or restored DVD very soon. :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

deathie mouse wrote:I love this movie with it's diferent sections and it's brotherhood of different country characters. Very positive message in there. (Always left me wanting a 3rd part of an "Americas trilogy" in which Pancho and José go with Donald and explore the US, maybe bumping into Goofy and Mickey along the way.
Heh, add 2 more characters and you'd have the magnificent seven.

The colors the colors.

The psicodelic non stop ending

the shrinking and the expanding of the characters

Donald in Wonderland

And hey, Donald knows how to work a projector :D 16mm one.
Wow that does sound like a good idea I could see it now...

Anyway I have heard that this was a low budget film but honestly has I never joined this froum I would never have guessed it was. I love this movie everythng about it keeps my eyes glued to the TV when its on. The amazing colors that repersent each country. The voice of the narrator i havw always liked that. And Donald who he makes that movie :D he is so funny. Althought my fvaoirte bird isnt one of the main three its the Arraquan :lol: Oh I cant help but to laugh when I think about it, its singing and apperance. The Three Caballeros is a great movie :D :D :D !
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

Ahhh that could complete the seven maybe

Donald
Pancho
José
Mickey
Goofy
Pete
and the Araquán! (sp?)

Those magnificent seven and their drawing machines :p
Ludwig Von Drake
Special Edition

Post by Ludwig Von Drake »

I love the movie and i enjoy the use of animation and live action together. It is also very interesting to leanr things from this movie. It was from this movie that I learned the story of how the Mexican flag came to be. As well as what Christmas in MĂ©xico is like.
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Three Caballeros Discussion

Post by DDMAN26 »

[quote="awallaceunc"]The latest addition to DDMan26's Snow White discussion thread...

You know I forgot I created these threads. :roll:
Most Anticpated: Watchmen Terminator Salvation Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

lol, well feel free to post the next one.

I like Three Caballeros considerably more than Saludos Amigos. It's entertaining, catchy, and has some great songs. It still remains one of my least favorite animated classics, though.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Kenai
Gold Classic Collection

The Three Caballeros thread

Post by Kenai »

This would be one of my favs in the Disney classics, although it's vastly overlooked I'm sure. I think Disney could've did a better job on the DVD released a few years back, since they really didn't digitally re-touch anything.

I would say this movie was a wild one. Of course it feels dated, I mean it was the 40's, but it offers lots of vibrant and exciting music. And since I'm Hispanic, it made me appreciate my heritage.

Also, it introduced me to the forgotten José Carioca, as well as Panchito. I will say I liked the two way better in this film than in their House of Mouse incarnations (I thought they were too obnoxious and self-absorbed in HOM). But that's difficult to say since they didn't have any other cartoon appearances (Joe did in Saludos Amgios/Blame it on the Samba, but that's it).

The Veracruz beach scene was pretty weird, but I managed to like it nonetheless. Donald chasing after those pretty 1940's chicas was at times amusing.

Thoughts?
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

I recenlty saw it after many years. I had forgotten nearly everything.
To appreciate it you have to first know that it isn't you conventional movie with an actual story, it is a collection of "shorts" that are connected.
Once you know that you can appreciate the awsome animation and the great characters. Some of the scenes were a bit pointless but still good overall.

*** / ****
Dolce fare niente...
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

Not really a great response to your first post... but I'd love to know more opinions about this movie! I saw it a while ago on the Disney Channel but cannot remember for the life of me whether or not I liked it. I was contemplating buying it soon and was wondering... what are everyone's thoughts? Is it worth purchasing? (I mean, is it good enough to purchase, I know a lot of people buy some movies just for their collection rather than the enjoyment of watching them :) )
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

MinnieMe, This site has a wonderful review section, you should check it out. Here is the link to The Three Caballeros for you http://www.ultimatedisney.com/threecaballeros.html

I have always liked this movie. I have to say it is my favorite out of all the package films.
FantasiaMan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FantasiaMan »

I really like the film, although I have only seen it about 4 times in my lifetime. I would also have to say that the Aracuan Bird is one of my all-time favorite characters.
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

cj wrote:MinnieMe, This site has a wonderful review section, you should check it out. Here is the link to The Three Caballeros for you http://www.ultimatedisney.com/threecaballeros.html

I have always liked this movie. I have to say it is my favorite out of all the package films.
Duh! Yeah, I don't know why I didn't look on there, thanks cj!

So does this quote (from the review) mean that the Three Caballeros is no longer being produced?

"Released as part of the now discontinued “Walt Disney Gold Classic Collection” line, The Three Caballeros was issued for the first time on DVD in summer 2000."
Kenai
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kenai »

MinnieMe wrote:
cj wrote:MinnieMe, This site has a wonderful review section, you should check it out. Here is the link to The Three Caballeros for you http://www.ultimatedisney.com/threecaballeros.html

Duh! Yeah, I don't know why I didn't look on there, thanks cj!

So does this quote (from the review) mean that the Three Caballeros is no longer being produced?

"Released as part of the now discontinued “Walt Disney Gold Classic Collection” line, The Three Caballeros was issued for the first time on DVD in summer 2000."
Well, you can still find it in stores and Amazon and all that. But it just basically means that the whole "Gold Collection" titles are no longer being produced (now it's Platinum and Special Edition Disney DVD's)
cydney
Special Edition

Post by cydney »

I watched this movie when I was younger all the time and it was one of my favorites. I just recently bought it, and i'm excited to see it again. The first cartoon with the penguin is one of my favorites and the one I remember the most.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I think it's a great movie. Don't analyze it, just let it take you for a ride.
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

I haven't seen the movie but I have heard the soundtrack and I love the soundtrack from the movie.
Last edited by Nala on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

There's a soundtrack for it? On CD?