DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:02 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

farerb wrote:
Looking at the Target list. Their last Digibook films were Cars 3 / Lady and the Tramp, and their first Digipack film was Coco.

You're right about Cars 3 as well. I took one look at the packaging and thought it was the new style. Funny how I got it and Peter Pan's packaging mixed up. It looks like they started their new packaging for films released in the fall of 2017.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:03 am 
Limited Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
farerb wrote:
Looking at the Target list. Their last Digibook films were Cars 3 / Lady and the Tramp, and their first Digipack film was Coco.

You're right about Cars 3 as well. I took one look at the packaging and thought it was the new style. Funny how I got it and Peter Pan's packaging mixed up. It looks like they started their new packaging for films released in the fall of 2017.

Basically every home release in 2018 and beyond. (Except Lady and the Tramp).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:05 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:
farerb wrote:
https://youtu.be/7OeDjSkWqpI
Maybe the Lion King was just not ready, hopefully.

Thank you for posting that. I thought from the cover it looked more like one of the old Target digibooks but that is the new packaging style. That does make me wonder then if BATB will get one or not. Although even if it doesn't, I don't really care because this is a release that I solely care about the transfer being used. The steelbook will probably be my particular choice for the disc art.

I'm getting everything. Slipcover, steelbook and whatever Target releases.

I'm going to assume that the Blu-Ray bonus features will be the same as the ones on the Signature Edition. As long as they change the transfer, I'm okay with that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:07 am 
Limited Edition

And it is such a shame cause if anyone wanted their Signature Collection to be Digibooks/Digipacks/Steelbooks/Lenticulars, they can't cause Target and Best Buy changed their exclusives midway.
At least this time around Beauty and the Beast gets a Best Buy exclusive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:09 am 
Limited Edition

Yes, the Blu-ray disc will probably be the same just like The Lion King, though I expect them to remove the 25th Anniversary this time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:22 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

farerb wrote:
And it is such a shame cause if anyone wanted their Signature Collection to be Digibooks/Digipacks/Steelbooks/Lenticulars, they can't cause Target and Best Buy changed their exclusives midway.

To be fair the Diamond and Platinum lines were even more inconsistent.

farerb wrote:
Yes, the Blu-ray disc will probably be the same just like The Lion King, though I expect them to remove the 25th Anniversary this time.

Except The Lion King had the same transfer on Blu-Ray and 4K. If we are getting a new 4K transfer, then the Blu-Ray transfer ought to be different.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:12 pm 
Platinum Edition

farerb wrote:
I've given up on consistency ever since Disney's Platinum line stopped making their box sets. I had so wanted one for The Little Mermaid, too. I have a feeling the Cinderella box set sold poorly compared to Aladdin and TLK, and that was the reason. :/

Christina Aguilera ~ "Shotgun"
Ronnie Dunn ~ "Bleed Red"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:40 am 
Platinum Edition

Nope, Cinderella's box set probably sold phenomenally.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:30 am 
Limited Edition

Unless it's going to change, no new cover art for Beauty and the Beast:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

As long as they change the transfer, I couldn't care less about the cover art. Not surprised after what they did with The Lion King on 4K. Even though that was technically a new cover but not the poster art they initially promoted.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:43 am 
Platinum Edition

There's still the steelbook and Best Buy exlcusive! Also, like JeanGreyForever, I don't care about the cover, but the transfer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:10 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney Duster wrote:
There's still the steelbook and Best Buy exlcusive! Also, like JeanGreyForever, I don't care about the cover, but the transfer.

And just to clarify, the same goes for Cinderella whenever it gets its turn for 4K. They can even leave it coverless or blank and I won't care as long as the restoration is a proper one that it deserves.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:06 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh, yes, if Cinderella ever gets a 4K I would feel the same. And I actually, what I care even more about than just the colors for BatB is the right shots to be in it, like the one with Belle and the Beast reading by the fire at the end of "Something There", and...was there another mistake?

Last edited by Disney Duster on Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:22 am 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Oh, yes, if Cinderella ever gets a 4K I would feel the same. And I actually, what I care even more about than jusy the colors for BatB is the right shots to be in it, like the one with Belle and the Beast reading by the fire at the end of "Something There", and...was there another mistake?

Lumiere's eyebrow disappears for a second in the fireplace scene.
There are also deliberate changes to backgrounds like Belle's reflection, though they were done deliberately.
If we go by what's on Disney Plus, the colors will be good but the mistakes will remain. We'll just have to wait and see what's on the disc eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

farerb wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
Oh, yes, if Cinderella ever gets a 4K I would feel the same. And I actually, what I care even more about than jusy the colors for BatB is the right shots to be in it, like the one with Belle and the Beast reading by the fire at the end of "Something There", and...was there another mistake?

Lumiere's eyebrow disappears for a second in the fireplace scene.
There are also deliberate changes to backgrounds like Belle's reflection, though they were done deliberately.
If we go by what's on Disney Plus, the colors will be good but the mistakes will remain. We'll just have to wait and see what's on the disc eventually.

There was another error as well that I think I posted sometime back in this thread when the Signature Edition came out. It's the scene where the objects are trying to tell Beast to be patient when Belle won't come down to dinner and there's this weird splotch that pops up in the background for a second.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:42 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh, ok thank you guys for alerting me to those errors. I ashamedly admit I actually like the addition of Belle's reflection, as long as she is drawn correctly (i.e., as long as the part of her hair that is down is on the right side it would be in a reflection). But if you guys really only want the original theatrical version, I understand, and am with you that that should be the one released.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:58 am 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Oh, ok thank you guys for alerting me to those errors. I ashamedly admit I actually like the addition of Belle's reflection, as long as she is drawn correctly (i.e., as long as the part of her hair that is down is on the right side it would be in a reflection). But if you guys really only want the original theatrical version, I understand, and am with you that that should be the one released.

The DCP represents that. I think the 4K will be the same as Disney Plus, which is like the DCP in terms of colors (or very close to) but it still has the alterations and mistakes. The best representative of the original theatrical release is the laserdisc, and whenever it happens, a fan restoration.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:41 am 
Platinum Edition

Well, maybe I'll pray for the DCP on 4K, why not? I wonder if the fan restorations for BatB and Cinderella happen, and if I can get my hands on them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:36 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

farerb wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:

The DCP represents that. I think the 4K will be the same as Disney Plus, which is like the DCP in terms of colors (or very close to) but it still has the alterations and mistakes. The best representative of the original theatrical release is the laserdisc, and whenever it happens, a fan restoration.

Which is ironic because the Special Edition with Human Again is nowhere to be found.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:55 am 
Limited Edition

farerb wrote:
Unless it's going to change, no new cover art for Beauty and the Beast:

If there is no new transfer I definitely will not be picking this one up. I own all the other releases, why get it a 20th time? Lol :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next