The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I like that better than the other picture... They're still doing the villain-protagonist back-to-back thing, I see. I hope that still carries on long enough for TLM and Cinderella to get those kinds of covers. I'd love for Ursula and Lady Tremaine to get greater emphasis on the covers again (or in Tremaine's case, for the first time?). Although it's just as likely as not considering the Peter Pan cover didn't follow that trend. :(
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes it would be Lady Tremaine's first time for the original Cinderella barring the special covers of just the villains done in another country, I forget which, when Maleficent came out.

I hate the steelbook. Especially with clipart Scar and old cover Simba used instead of new art.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I read somewhere that 101 Dalmations is now released as a DMC exclusive, but is expected to have a wider release as a Signature Collection title in December. Does anyone have any info on this?
Disney's Divinity

Yes. I just logged in to my DMC account and the Featured Title this month is Olaf's Frozen Christmas + a DMC version of OH&ODalmatians. This might be the first Featured Title I get from DMC since I do want both of these. The cover for Dalmatians is a solid black around the edges and then red on the inside of the cover (like Cruella's car, I suppose). Looks sleek.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Signature Collection should have a digital copy, though, and the DMC version does not. (I didn't know 101D was getting a rerelease so soon, so I pre-ordered the DMC one when I saw it there this morning... :()

*edit* Do we know when the rest of the vaulted films [Fantasia, Cinderella, SB, TJB, TLM, Aladdin] will be re-released?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It's odd that they're releasing 101 Dalmatians like this. I think it was one of the lowest selling Diamond Editions so they may have cut it from the Signature line. I'm curious as to whether they might do this for any of the other low selling Signature films like Peter Pan.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Yes. I just logged in to my DMC account and the Featured Title this month is Olaf's Frozen Christmas + a DMC version of OH&ODalmatians. This might be the first Featured Title I get from DMC since I do want both of these. The cover for Dalmatians is a solid black around the edges and then red on the inside of the cover (like Cruella's car, I suppose). Looks sleek.
any proof, like pictures? also, are we sure this is the animated film or the Glen Close version
blackcauldron85

pikachufan1336 wrote:any proof, like pictures? also, are we sure this is the animated film or the Glen Close version
1961:
blackcauldron85, in DMC Discussion forum wrote:(pre-order) Limited Release, Blu-Ray + Dvd! I had never seen it on the site before!
https://cdn.disneymovieclub.go.com/stat ... 521050.png
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Am I wrong or is that just old clipart on the cover? :(
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Disney Duster wrote:Am I wrong or is that just old clipart on the cover? :(
No, your right, that just the effort these days. ._.

Is this like what they did with Alice in Wonderland and Dumbo, where they had an exclusive that never made it to the public market? That said those two aren't technically vault movies (never in any vault line up anyway). Why are they doing this?
blackcauldron85

pikachufan1336 wrote: Why are they doing this?
For money, but to also help out people who missed out on the last Blu before it was Vaulted...
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, Cruella’s clipart and the car seems similar to a past cover. I’m sure the pack of dalmatians are copy and pasted from somewhere, too, but all I care about is that the cover isn’t an eyesore. I wonder why they didn’t make it a two-pack with the DTV sequel? I’ve never seen Patch’s London Adventure (not that I’m missing much, I’m sure).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:
pikachufan1336 wrote: Why are they doing this?
For money, but to also help out people who missed out on the last Blu before it was Vaulted...
But isn't that the whole purpose of the Signature Edition? To re-release these films for the people who didn't get them the first time. Otherwise the DMC would be releasing The Lion King, BATB, Snow White, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, etc.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It's so sad the cover is old images, but Divinity is right, at least the cover looks good.

I also agree that this should be released to the public as a proper Signature Edition.
blackcauldron85

Wasn't there only one previous Blu of 101D, vs 2 for SB, B&tB, SW? I could be wrong.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Disney's Divinity wrote: I’ve never seen Patch’s London Adventure (not that I’m missing much, I’m sure).
Yeaaaaa don't watch it. Out of all the direct to video sequels, 101 Dalmatians 2 has the least to do with the original stylistically.

101 Dalmatians is a quasi film noir, non musical, Blake Edwards style film about stollen puppies.
101 Dalmatians 2 is a musical/ not another "coming of age" story, with a misunderstood main character; yea Disney's never done that before

I really believe the best Disney films are the ones Walt oversaw himself. His movies were good not because of the subject matter, but how they were told, they took risks, they were unconventional, they weren't all the same movie like in the 90s. 101 Dalmatians is no exception. I mean it's the first Disney animated film that isn't a musical in any shape or form, they didn't made one as good as Dalmatians again until Wreck it Ralph, in my opinion.
blackcauldron85

farerb wrote:I read somewhere that 101 Dalmations is now released as a DMC exclusive, but is expected to have a wider release as a Signature Collection title in December. Does anyone have any info on this?
I just got my monthly Disney Movie Club mailing, and it says 101D has a "limited-time release through 9/30/19."
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:Wasn't there only one previous Blu of 101D, vs 2 for SB, B&tB, SW? I could be wrong.
Yes, but Snow White and BATB only got their second editions from the Signature Line which could have been the same case for 101 Dalmatians as well.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

^ Thanks for the clarification! I think in my head I was confusing Diamond Edition and Signature Collection.
blackcauldron85

101D came in the mail. Here's the back cover: