The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Escapay »

Atlantica wrote:Is there anyway to watch the Ginny Goodwin Snow documentary online ? I can't find it on YouTube, which is extremely annoying !
Since it was produced part of ABC News (like the Frozen making-of from last year), it is listed among the ABC News programs available for free viewing on Hulu. But it might not be available outside the US (if someone outside the US could confirm that...), and there's no guarantee it'll be on Hulu forever.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/883135
Sotiris wrote:The marketing for this release has been surprisingly underwhelming.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8faaFIaOc[/youtube]
Fitting that they make a promo that's part of a series, but instead perfectly captures both the underwhelming nature of the release, as well as how I (and by the looks of things, this forum) feel about it. :P

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you Escapay!

It was actually wonderful to watch and I did not know all that was in the special!

I thought I heard that the banker told Walt "That film will make you a hat full of money", not a pile of money or whatever they said in the special. Maybe no one knows what exactly was said verbatim.
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

I came across a great VHS featurette behind-the-scenes video for Snow White. Has anyone found online the new "Behind the Magic" special?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-QaPlTd-M[/youtube]
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

It's almost like... they are... trying to make it flop.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

rodrigo_ca wrote:It's almost like... they are... trying to make it flop.
And they'll undoubtedly blame the declining home video market for the low sales and push digital even more. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

rb_canadian181 wrote:Has anyone found online the new "Behind the Magic" special?
Yes, here it is, read this:
Escapay wrote:
Atlantica wrote:Is there anyway to watch the Ginny Goodwin Snow documentary online ? I can't find it on YouTube, which is extremely annoying !
Since it was produced part of ABC News (like the Frozen making-of from last year), it is listed among the ABC News programs available for free viewing on Hulu. But it might not be available outside the US (if someone outside the US could confirm that...), and there's no guarantee it'll be on Hulu forever.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/883135
Sotiris wrote:
rodrigo_ca wrote:It's almost like... they are... trying to make it flop.
And they'll undoubtedly blame the declining home video market for the low sales and push digital even more. :roll:
The age of nothing physical being owned by people...the age of nothing being truly owned by anyone anymore...the age of nothing physical anymore...shall it come upon us? Let's hope not! Let's fight against it!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I don't think you'll have to worry about physical media dying...ever.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I don't think you'll have to worry about physical media dying...ever.
I don't think that's the worry as much as it's that Disney will start neglecting physical media. I mean they've already been neglecting it for years now, but imagine how much worse it could be (besides this current Snow White release which already seems lackluster enough).
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Like I said, you don't have to worry about that ever. Physical media is still strong (not strong as used to be but still strong) and there still an audience who want to own a physical copy of their favorite movie and TV show. Besides, I'm sure the full extras listing has still yet to be revealed (and the inclusion of the original Mono track for that matter) and if they really wanted to neglect physical media, they would releasing this to streaming only so it's clear they still care for physical media.

And with the Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection and Inside Out both having #1 spots in home video sales you could be certain physical media is here to stay. :)

PS. Happy New Year!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Nope, can't see it on Hulu .... This is so annoying with UK not being able to access this stuff !! Would love to have seen it.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Atlantica, google something called 'Hola' chrome extension (if you use Chrome for your internet browsing).
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ooooo ok ! I'll have a look !
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

It would be a PR nightmare for Disney if they released a streaming only "Here It Is What I Want Shoved Down Your Throats" edition. It's bad for business. But no one can't stop them for caring less and less about physical so that people would feel they are making a better choice by choosing digital.
In my country they still release DVDs, but just looking at them you can see they are cheap (and sold by the same price as ever). Cover and disc it all that's included and in the worst material ever.
And for Disney it seems like it's all downhill from here. Run and buy your titles before they become even more expensive on b-market.
*doomsday predictions*
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Plenty of titles are available Digital only. For some people, it means not having to drive to a store or five and having to hunt for it (which costs time and money and petrol). Disney saves money in production costs, customers save money in convenience, prices can't be inflated by third parties on second hand markets. However the big driver in the digital market is being able to watch things anywhere. Children can watch Disney movies in the car or out camping, or whilst waiting for their parents in the Doctor's waiting room.

So whilst there's a lot of people who care about physical copies, there are also a lot of people who care about non-physical options. So it's unfair for people to criticise Disney for catering for those people. As of right now, Disney is offering both options, nobody is being neglected.

Great thing about re-releasing is, even if they don't have the old bonus features, the older versions which do have the bonus features become drastically cheaper as well. It'll soon be a good time to grab a copy of the Diamond or Platinum on ebay.

People who are pre-emptively upset, go buy yourself the movie now.

But that's digital downloads, which is what is on offer. Streaming only is different.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Victurtle wrote:So whilst there's a lot of people who care about physical copies, there are also a lot of people who care about non-physical options. So it's unfair for people to criticise Disney for catering for those people. As of right now, Disney is offering both options, nobody is being neglected.
Except they are neglecting their physical releases, bar releasing the bare--and I do mean bare--minimum.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Victurtle wrote:So whilst there's a lot of people who care about physical copies, there are also a lot of people who care about non-physical options. So it's unfair for people to criticise Disney for catering for those people. As of right now, Disney is offering both options, nobody is being neglected.
Except they are neglecting their physical releases, bar releasing the bare--and I do mean bare--minimum.

plus, Disney Benelux doesn't even release some of it's movies out here at all…some are only available trough streaming…which is quite sad
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

They did a promo for Snow White as well one for the Evil Queen.

They also released a couple of very brief Snow White trivia videos: Trivia #1 / Trivia #2 / Trivia #3
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That promo for the evil queen was better than their others, but the 1st trivia fact is misleading. The Disney artists considered making Snow White a blonde, but in the original fairy tale she was always black-haired.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

milojthatch wrote:Apparently, the Oswald short Hunrgy Hobos will appear as an extra on the digital version of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs.
It's another DMA-exclusive. This is so frustrating. It's bad enough they are offering nothing new: no new restoration, no 4K presentation, no 3-D, very few bonus features which are mostly fluff, recycled clip-art for the cover, now they holding on to extras as exclusive for the digital release. It's like Disney's begging people not to buy the Blu-ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WevjpAYnT_Q
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Standard Blu-ray/DVD/Digital

Target Exclusive: 32 page Storybook

Best Buy Exclusive: Lenticular Cover