The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Farerb »

Clindor wrote:
pikachufan1336 wrote: I swear to god if Disney decides to cancel Fantasia again I will flip every table in SoCal
Usually ‘Fantasia’ is released around once every decade: 1992, 2000, 2010, ...

If the movie is released only in 2/3 years, it wouldn’t be too surprising...
I think it would be fitting if it were the concluding title of this collection.

I don't know why Disney hasn't announced the next title yet but in my opinion it's gonna be either The Jungle Book or Aladdin. If it's The Jungle Book then Aladdin will be released in February 2019 (there is no way Disney is releasing that remake when the original is not available in stores).
My other guesses for 2019 are The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty (for their 30th and 60th anniversary respectively).
For 2020: Cinderella (70th anniversary), 101 Dalmatians and Fantasia.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

My guess is when the date for the Incredibles 2 is up we should get note. The last two have been released side by side with a Pixar Release

Coco/Lady and the Tramp

Incredibles 4k/Peter Pan

Disney is completely unpredictable and never follow through with "traditions" or anything resembling a formulaic schedule. I'm guessing it's Fantasia this year because of the Nutcracker movie coming out at the end of this year (which has a shot right from Fantasia BTW).

But then again that could be nothing.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I am super amazed that we still don't know what will be the new entry in the Signature Collection this fall.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Incredibles 2 is supposed to be released on November 6th, so the new Signature Collection title might be released on this date.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

farerb wrote:Incredibles 2 is supposed to be released on November 6th, so the new Signature Collection title might be released on this date.
The second we get some word on that we should also get the signature title.

Unless of course they decided to go back to two films a year.

Or dare I say Hocus Pocus/Nightmare Before Christmas is their big Fall release this year.

That would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

pikachufan1336 wrote:The second we get some word on that we should also get the signature title. Unless of course they decided to go back to two films a year. Or dare I say Hocus Pocus/Nightmare Before Christmas is their big Fall release this year.
It's a possibility. With Disney releasing The Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, Wreck-It Ralph, Incredibles 2, and Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 3 this fall, we might not get another Signature this year.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Ok so Hocus Pocus/Nightmare release is just around the corner. So the Incredibles 2 pre order should come out soon. Due to the Pixar Signature release bundle I mentioned earlier. We will finally know for sure if a signature collection should come out this fall or not. So NOW it's any day now.

Edit:

The Incredibles 2 blu ray press release is out and it's been well over a day since it's been released and still no word.

It's either delayed or we're going to get the next one in Feb.

:cry:
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Apparently there is a 4k upgrade for the Lion King coming out in December.

Sources:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.ph ... st15565015
https://www.amazon.com.au/Lion-King-4K- ... =Lion+King

From HDmoviesource. UPC 032429309853 and tentative US release date December 4.

The Lion King 4K Blu-ray
4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray
Disney / Buena Vista | 1994 | 88 min | Rated G | Release Date TBA (Anticipated December 4th)

Video
Codec: HEVC / H.265
Resolution: 4K (2160p)
HDR: HDR10
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1

Audio
English: Dolby Digital 7.1
French: Dolby Digital 5.1
Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles
English, French, Spanish

Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD-66, 1 BD-50)
4K Ultra HD (UHD)
UPC 032429309853

I don't know how much of this is true but this is the first Vault movie news we've heard in a long time so we might be getting this as our Fall 2018 release.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

This would honestly make more sense in 2019 for The Lion King's 25th Anniversary but I guess Disney has never been very good about dates anyway. They'll likely still call it the 25th anniversary edition.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

The Lion King: Walt Disney Signature Collection coming to 4K Blu-ray December 4th, 2018.
(Amazing) cover art:
Source: Blu-ray.com
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

That art cover alone is worth the upgrade
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

That's one of the best covers Disney has done. I only wish the contents of the discs could match the exterior packaging. And I still have to ding a point for that useless "Watch Anywhere" banner at the bottom. Still, I might get this just for the cover.
ImageImage
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

so is this it?

no other new release?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The Little Mermaid was rumored to come out in 4K as well along with The Lion King. With The Lion King confirmed, and Jodi Benson having revealed that she was filming for a new bonus feature for The Little Mermaid, I think it's safe to say that we're getting that too. I guess that'll be the Fall/Winter Signature Edition for 2018 now.
ImageImage
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad we're getting a Signature Edition for Fall, I'm glad it's The Lion King, I'm glad it's 4k, but...the cover is just the original theatrical poster. :(
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote: but...the cover is just the original theatrical poster. :(
True, but isn't that better than another rearrangement of the Platinum/Signature cover? I'm hoping The Little Mermaid keeps the 3D Blu-Ray cover.
ImageImage
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:The Little Mermaid was rumored to come out in 4K as well along with The Lion King. With The Lion King confirmed, and Jodi Benson having revealed that she was filming for a new bonus feature for The Little Mermaid, I think it's safe to say that we're getting that too. I guess that'll be the Fall/Winter Signature Edition for 2018 now.
I remember when Beauty and the Beast got a 3D blu ray upgrade, it wasn't a stand alone Vault release, another Vault title was released at the same time (Lady and the Tramp...I think). If not then I guess this is Disney's way of increasing the other film's time in the Vault. So much for all of them being out by 2020. Then again, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

pikachufan1336 wrote: I remember when Beauty and the Beast got a 3D blu ray upgrade, it wasn't a stand alone Vault release, another Vault title was released at the same time (Lady and the Tramp...I think). If not then I guess this is Disney's way of increasing the other film's time in the Vault. So much for all of them being out by 2020. Then again, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
That's true, but The Little Mermaid hasn't gotten a Signature Edition yet, so if it does get a 4K release in upcoming months, it'll count as the new Signature title.
ImageImage
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
pikachufan1336 wrote: I remember when Beauty and the Beast got a 3D blu ray upgrade, it wasn't a stand alone Vault release, another Vault title was released at the same time (Lady and the Tramp...I think). If not then I guess this is Disney's way of increasing the other film's time in the Vault. So much for all of them being out by 2020. Then again, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
That's true, but The Little Mermaid hasn't gotten a Signature Edition yet, so if it does get a 4K release in upcoming months, it'll count as the new Signature title.
I'm not saying TLM won't be signature. My question is: Is this our Signature Release for the Fall 2018 semester, or are we getting two movies, one new release (TLM, Fantasia, etc.) as well as an upgrade of a previous signature edition, like with the 3D release of Beauty and the Beast.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

pikachufan1336 wrote: I'm not saying TLM won't be signature. My question is: Is this our Signature Release for the Fall 2018 semester, or are we getting two movies, one new release (TLM, Fantasia, etc.) as well as an upgrade of a previous signature edition, like with the 3D release of Beauty and the Beast.
I thought the answer was implied in my comment but to be more specific, my guess is that along with an upgrade for a previous edition (TLK), we'll be getting a new release (TLM). Unfortunately, Fantasia doesn't seem to be in the cards even though it would have been perfect for Mickey's 90th Anniversary. Perhaps we'll hear something about it in the future but usually by this time, we'd be aware of any new titles.
ImageImage