The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
seanjonmc
Limited Issue

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by seanjonmc »

The Target exclusive cover is gorgeous.

https://www.target.com/p/cinderella-sig ... A-54556054
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I love that cover. It's so much more natural! Too bad they messed up the shoes again.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

This cover is so pretty!

Here's the trailer for the Signature Collection with a new version of "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heat Makes"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3NhN7KUfL94
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

So definitely no 4K and that trailer doesn't make me hopeful about a new restoration.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

...have they drawn her shoes with a bow on, rather than the heart ?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That Target exclusive is gorgeous.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Oh, that is pretty! That picture everyone was making over on the last page did nothing for me. Her face here is as off as on the standard cover though, but I love seeing the carriage used in the cover again.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Press Release
Cinderella: Anniversary Edition, the newest release in the Walt Disney Signature Collection, On Digital and Movies Anywhere June 18 and on Blu-ray™ June 25

Fall in love with the magical story, enchanting characters and exquisite artistry
of “Cinderella,” complete with two all-new extras and classic bonus material

BURBANK, Calif. (May 21, 2019) — In honor of its upcoming 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic “Cinderella” waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation. The enchanting tale, which showed us that dreams really do come true — and inspired countless fans to reenact the Royal Ball and Cinderella’s infamous midnight dash — arrives home Digitally in HD and Movies Anywhere on June 18, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 25.

The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras: “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max,” and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition,” a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film. Hours of classic bonus material celebrates the masterful animation, memorable music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” showcasing Walt Disney’s core group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.

Recently added to the prestigious National Film Registry, the animated classic centers on kind and hardworking Cinderella, who is ordered around by her cruel stepmother, her awful stepsisters — even the big clock in the church tower tells her when to start another day of drudgery. But they can't stop her from dreaming, and Cinderella has faith that someday her wishes will come true. When an invitation to the royal ball arrives, Cinderella is sure her time has come — until her stepsisters, with the encouragement of Lady Tremaine, tear her gown to shreds. Just when Cinderella believes all is lost, her Fairy Godmother appears, and with a wave of her wand and “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo,” transforms an ordinary pumpkin into a magnificent coach and Cinderella’s rags into a gorgeous gown, then sends her off to the Royal Ball. But Cinderella’s enchanted evening must end when the spell is broken at midnight. It will take the help of her daring animal mice friends and a perfect fit into a glass slipper to create the ultimate fairy tale ending.

“Cinderella” is the ninth title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King,” “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan” and “The Little Mermaid.”

BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:

*NEW BONUS
Try This Trivia on for Size – Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel's Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.

CLASSIC BONUS
Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro – In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
The Magic of the Glass Slipper – World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.

THE ART OF CINDERELLA
Concept Art – View a gallery of concept art from the feature's production.
Character Model Sheets – View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature's production.
Story Sketches – View a gallery of story sketches from the feature's production.
Live-Action Reference – View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature's production.
Behind-the-Scenes Stills – View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature's production.
Feature Stills – View a gallery of stills from the feature.

MUSIC AND MORE
“Cinderella” Title Song
"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
"Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale"
"The Work Song"
"So This Is Love"
*Bonus features may vary by retailer

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:
Product SKUs: Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), Digital HD/SD
Feature Run Time: Approximately 75 minutes
Rating: G in US and Canada
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 1.33:1
Audio:
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA; Spanish & French Dolby Digital 5.1; and English 1.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, Spanish, and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
Languages/Subtitles:
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
Digital Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French
Digital & DVD Captions: English

SOCIAL MEDIA:
Facebook: Facebook.com/Cinderella
Instagram: Instagram.com/DisneyAnimation
YouTube: YouTube.com/user/DisneyMovies
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

They're really going all out with the new bonus features! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

seanjonmc wrote:The Target exclusive cover is gorgeous.

https://www.target.com/p/cinderella-sig ... A-54556054
OK THAT IS GORGEOUS!

Why can't that be the regular edition?
seanjonmc
Limited Issue

Post by seanjonmc »

^I know right?!

That cover is more fitting for the movie and really stands out. Like already said, her face is off here too, but her expression looks much nicer than the standard edition. Also, the sideways title actually looks good and appropriate that way. I will definitely be getting the Target version.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

OMG AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's like a dream! A wonderful dream come true! It's kind of like some of my prayers have been answered...

Thank you seanjonmc! And bruno_wbt!

First of all, yes, that Target exclusive cover is gorgeous! The colors! The single image! The coach is a little...well it looks like it's tilted a little bit and that's weird, I don't like that aspect, plus it's not completely accurate in the sizes of the wheels (EDIT: I was wrong, the wheels are the right sizes, I was wrong about which side the coach was facing) and the step to get out of the coach, but other than that, the shoes having bows instead of hearts again, and what looks like a repeat of an already existing book image of the castle in the background...this cover is beautiful!!!

And guys, normally I wouldn't care about the digibooks, but in the picture of it, they have a never before-seen picture of Cinderella and the Prince dancing!!! And the art is all a little different! So I will definitely be buying the Target exclusive now, too!!!!!

That trailer was magical. It actually made me feel the sadness about what Cinderella goes through, and then the joy of her getting her dream come true! I actually really like the cover of the song! Yes, it's true they used animation from the old transfer...but I still have hope for a new, correct one!

And yes, it's true in the press release (which, thank you Sicoe Vlad!) doesn't mention a new restoration, but neither did The Little Mermaid's, and that got one. I am actually very happy about the press release! They described the film so lovingly and with so much prestige, and I love ALL of the bonus features! The "In Walt's Words: Enhanced Edition" sounds like a fantastic new feature and it's like the film finally gets it's audio commentary! I will love the trivia and fun facts feature. And guys, they are still going to have galleries! But even more than that guys, even more, they have another bonus feature there has never been before! Guys, it will have Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature's production.!!!! I asked for pencil animation and they actually are gonna have it!!!!!

IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed May 29, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Well... her face is off model, as usual. And why are they making her dress all be the same color?? In the movie, the gloves, sleeves and bustle are a different color than the dress...Sigh

I must admit that the possible vsual-commentary feature does tempt me to buy this release... but I want to see what the transfer will look like first!!
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:They're really going all out with the new bonus features! :lol:

That's a joke!

At least they could've include a music video of the gorgeous new version of "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heat Makes" from the trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3NhN7KUfL94

Does anyone know who sings that version?
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

I just talked to someone from Disney Home Entertainment Consumer Relations, and they said that Cinderella WILL come out in 4K at some point in the future, but they don't have a tentative release date yet.

Edit: I don't know if who I talked to was reliable, because I called again to make sure about this, and the other person I talked to said she has no information about it.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

In the bluray.com thread someone said Disney sent him stills from the new edition and it looks awful. Worse than the previous edition.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I think I actually like the regular version cover more, despite that ugly fushia pink again. Having her right about to step off the carriage looks awkward to me, I think Id prefer if she was standing in front of the carriage right after she had stepped down.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Oh gee... Now it seems official there will be no 4K release of Cinderella, or not before a long, long time. What a shame and a missed opportunity... :cry: It isn’t too exciting if only the movies from the 90’s and the few recent ones get a 4K release. It would have made much more sense to release « Cinderella » in 4K instead of ‘The Lion King’ knowing that the first has been restored in 4K, and the latter was mastered in 2K :? :?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

unprincess wrote:I think I actually like the regular version cover more, despite that ugly fushia pink again. Having her right about to step off the carriage looks awkward to me, I think Id prefer if she was standing in front of the carriage right after she had stepped down.
Yeah. I mean I do think it’s pretty, but I still prefer the standard myself.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

As for the mention of the stills that might indicate a new transfer... if it is these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZe9J7wrLP4
(starting at 6:21)

Those are NOT stills from the movie. They are poorly redrawn frames. Just look at them! Some dont even match the actual film...

So jury is still out on what transfer we will get....