The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Sotiris »

At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2015

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:
That's quite odd, indeed. They've already been released in the Diamond Edition.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

They should change the name of the collection… :roll:
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

bruno_wbt wrote:They should change the name of the collection… :roll:
Yeah, to the "Cash-In Collection" :lol: :lol: :lol: rotfl
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Interesting news that they are skipping Pinocchio and releasing Beauty and the Beast and Snow White again. It is probably right to assume they won't be 'diamond editions'. It will be a new name that we will all know deep down means nothing but at the same time we will all want these new shiny editions that offer us less than last time because Disney collecting = deeply unrewarding.
I guess that means they'll release Pinocchio as standard all year round disc in the US and that will be that.

I'm eager to find out more details about BatB/SW re-releases as time gets closer. Unless it is a no new bonus features area, I will seriously struggle not to re-buy. I'll certainly import Aladdin Diamond as the bonus features actually sound like they haven't been half-arsed.

It is a huge shame that there has been no Black Cauldron announcement at all. Its not one I watch but I'd still give Disney cold hard cash for it.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Where did you read that Pinocchio won't have a Diamond Edition?
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Hardbackyoyo wrote:Where did you read that Pinocchio won't have a Diamond Edition?
Sotiris wrote:At the Expo Disney 2015 in São Paulo, Disney Brazil announced that the next Diamond Editions will be Beauty and the Beast and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, both in 2016 and in that order. Evidently, Pinocchio won't be the next Diamond after all. :scratch:
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

MeerkatKombat wrote:
Hardbackyoyo wrote:Where did you read that Pinocchio won't have a Diamond Edition?

BatB, Snow White Diamond editions?? :? :? What is happening?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder how long it'll be before Frozen joins the Diamond Line (at the end of the next go-round of that line now that SW & B&tB are coming out again, maybe?). Of course, it's kind of a meaningless distinction since they don't really do bonus features anymore.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before Frozen joins the Diamond Line (at the end of the next go-round of that line now that SW & B&tB are coming out again, maybe?). Of course, it's kind of a meaningless distinction since they don't really do bonus features anymore.
Sighs.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Lnds500 wrote: Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

Well, we'll find out about this quite soon now: no later than October 13th.
Really, releasing BatB next year would make no sense at all.
It's by far a better idea to release it in 2017 at the same time as the BatB live action movie.
Besides, this way, "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" could be the first traditional animation movie to get released on 4K Blu-ray in the late 2016, which could be a good choice to introduce the new wave of Disney Movies on 4k support.
Last edited by Clindor on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lnds500 wrote:Is there any truth about Pinocchio DIamond coming in early 2016?

Pinocchio is really just a guess, there hasn't been any proof towards its coming.

There was a rumour from a Disney expo at Brazil that Beauty and the Beast would be coming next followed by Snow White, both in 2016 as diamond editions.

Hopefully when Aladdin is released, there will be an insert on the next movie in the diamond line (or whatever the next line is). I think they still do that.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Clindor wrote:Well, we'll find out about this quite soon now: no later than October 13th.
It's by far a better idea to release it in 2017 at the same time as the BatB live action movie.
Besides, this way, "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" could be the first traditional animation movie to get released on 4K Blu-ray in the late 2016, which could be a good choice to introduce the new wave of Disney Movies on 4k support.
Then again, Disney has made some strange choices in the past. The Jungle Book would have made more sense to be released in the spring of 2016 for the live-action movie. Cinderella really should have been released this year...it would have given them more time to properly restore it considering how they recognized that the Cinderella restoration is botched up.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Clindor wrote:Well, we'll find out about this quite soon now: no later than October 13th.
Then again, Disney has made some strange choices in the past. The Jungle Book would have made more sense to be released in the spring of 2016 for the live-action movie. Cinderella really should have been released this year...it would have given them more time to properly restore it considering how they recognized that the Cinderella restoration is botched up.
There can be no comparison. Because, regarding the cases you specified, the periods of time between the release of the live-action movie in theaters and the scheduled release of the 2D original movie concerned by the moratorium on video support were far too long (more than one year) to get synchronized.

Besides "Pinocchio" was released for the last time almost 2 years before "Beauty and the Beast" did, so it is logically the next.

Also, "Beauty and the Beast" already has its Diamond edition, but "Pinocchio" hasn't.
Last edited by Clindor on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

They might schedule something like this:

- Spring 2016: Pinocchio
- Fall 2016: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Spring 2017: Fantasia + Fantasia 2000
- Fall 2017: Beauty and the Beast
- Spring 2018: Bambi
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:Is there any truth about Pinocchio Diamond coming in early 2016.

There's no indication that's happening other than it's the only Platinum left that hasn't gotten a Diamond release.
Lnds500 wrote:And was there a rumour about a BatB re-release (coming from Brazil I believe)?
According to Disney Brazil, the next Diamonds (or whatever they'll end up calling them) are Beauty and the Beast and Snow White.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote: According to Disney Brazil, the next Diamonds (or whatever they'll end up calling them) are Beauty and the Beast and Snow White.

There's a Snow White Read-Along book coming this February. This kind of book usually comes out around the Diamond Edition release date (They did that with Aladdin, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc.)

http://www.amazon.com/White-Seven-Dwarf ... ite+disney

If the new edition of Snow White comes out this February, then I think that Beauty and the Beast should come out next, to tie-in with the live action movie.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

bruno_wbt wrote:There's a Snow White Read-Along book coming this February. This kind of book usually comes out around the Diamond Edition release date (They did that with Aladdin, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc.) If the new edition of Snow White comes out this February, then I think that Beauty and the Beast should come out next, to tie-in with the live action movie.
That certainly makes sense. I still don't get why they're skipping Pinocchio though.