The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Sotiris »

Larger images of the steelbook.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yay, they re-drew the cover (as Sotiris pointed out)!!! I LOVE the new covers. I love having two different covers, one for the Blu-ray and one for the steelbook. Both are beautiful, though the steelbook is the most. And so original. Will there be a DVD only cover?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Disney has released a trailer for the Signature Collection release of Peter Pan. It will be released on Digital on May 29th and on Blu-ray on June 5th.
Is the "You Can Fly" cover featured in the trailer new? Not that I like it much, I'm just curious.
Sicoe Vlad wrote:Does BestBuy deliver internationally?
It seems they don't, but I guess you can probably find the steelbook on eBay (though more expensive).
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I really liked the "You Can Fly" cover! But they added the last bit from "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"?!!!!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

The new trailer is amazing, and I love that "You Can Fly"cover.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:I really liked the "You Can Fly" cover! But they added the last bit from "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"?!!!!
I found that strange too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I liked it, but yeah it was strange!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Is the "You Can Fly" cover featured in the trailer new?
It seems like it. Someone in the comments section mentioned it's Gracie Schram who's singing.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Thanks for the info. Maybe it's the karaoke version announced as one of the new extras. Perhaps even the graphics used in the trailer are the same from the song. That could mean we'd also get a new cover of “Never Smile at a Crocodile”:
You Can Fly” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the classic Disney song, “You Can Fly,” with fun lyrics on screen and lots of your favorite “Peter Pan” characters.

“Never Smile at a Crocodile” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the deleted song, “Never Smile at a Crocodile”, with fun lyrics on screen and highlighting the relationship between Captain Hook and Tick- Tock the Crocodile.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote: Because before the princess line, Disney had fairy tale films, not princess films. The princess line alienates boys and makes them reluctant to watch films like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella especially because she is the epitome of the princess line. Not to mention, there are many parents who did not want their daughters exposed to what they consider the princess stereotype which is why we have articles like What's Wrong With Cinderella? from the New York Times. I'm sure there was always a little bit of stereotyping the genders befoore the princess line, but it's so rampant and everywhere with so much pink and sparkles now that while back in the 80s and 90s, some boys may have turned their noses up at DP films, a much larger portion of them certainly do now.
Sorry for bumping this tread, but would you mind if I use that quote in my blog entry for the Princess franchise? Since that entry is meant to summarize the rights and wrongs with the franchise, I thought your comment would be a perfect statement of the cons with the lineup.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

DisneyFan09 wrote: Sorry for bumping this tread, but would you mind if I use that quote in my blog entry for the Princess franchise? Since that entry is meant to summarize the rights and wrongs with the franchise, I thought your comment would be a perfect statement of the cons with the lineup.
Sure! I wouldn't mind at all.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

D82 wrote:^Thanks for the info. Maybe it's the karaoke version announced as one of the new extras. Perhaps even the graphics used in the trailer are the same from the song.
If it's like previous "Oke" renditions that Disney's done ("Once Upon a Dream," "I Wanna Be Like You," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"), it's the original song (so no new cover) with hyperactive graphics-heavy lyrics displayed on the screen.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Sure! I wouldn't mind at all.
Oh, that's good. Thanks.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Escapay wrote:If it's like previous "Oke" renditions that Disney's done ("Once Upon a Dream," "I Wanna Be Like You," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"), it's the original song (so no new cover) with hyperactive graphics-heavy lyrics displayed on the screen.
:lol: You have described these "Oke" versions perfectly. As they call them new renditions I thought they could be new versions, but it's quite likely they're just the original songs as you say. Besides, according to the artist who sings the cover heard in the trailer, it seems the song was chosen just to be used in the trailer: https://twitter.com/gracieschram/status ... 6665007104
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Peter Pan Signature Edition review:
http://whysoblu.com/peter-pan-65th-anni ... ay-review/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I got Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King digibooks today. The covers look really good. I wish the books were more like "The Art of..." than a mere storybooks.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

"Mere" storybooks. No, I think the storybooks are awesome. Great pictures that look close to as good as stills from the animated films themselves.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I just think it misses the point of a digibook. The content should about the making of the film, like how in The Legacy Collection, the content is about the making of the music.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

farerb wrote:I just think it misses the point of a digibook. The content should about the making of the film, like how in The Legacy Collection, the content is about the making of the music.
I agree. People who you like the storybooks can just buy them separately. Books accompanying movie releases should be about the making of the movie filled with photos and production artwork.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You both explained why making of books are a better accompaniment but he said art of books not making of books and he said "mere" like the storybooks aren't great.