The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Sotiris »

Escapay wrote:"In Walt's Words" sounds more like the same-named featurette on the Peter Pan Platinum Edition DVD.
On the Diamond Edition Blu-ray of Snow White they had some segments labeled "In Walt's Words". Maybe it will be something similar (or an extension) to that.

There were three segments called:

"In Walt's Words: The Huntsman" (3:25)
"In Walt's Words: Cleaning the Cottage" (7:03)
"In Walt's Words: The Dwarfs" (5:49)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Sotiris wrote:
Escapay wrote:"In Walt's Words" sounds more like the same-named featurette on the Peter Pan Platinum Edition DVD.
On the Diamond Edition Blu-ray of Snow White they had some segments labeled "In Walt's Words". Maybe it will be something similar (or an extension) to that.
Oh, that's true! I forgot about those segments. Of course, it's also been quite a few years since I watched the Blu-Ray supplements. Maybe they're offering the entire film in an "In Walt's Words" viewing mode? But that's hoping for too much.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Reminder that the new Snow White documentary "Behind the Magic" airs today at 8|7c.

bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:Reminder that the new Snow White documentary "Behind the Magic" airs today at 8|7c.

I'm excited for this documentary. But I don't understand why couldn’t they include it on the upcoming blu-ray...
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I'm tuning in for the documentary, too, though I doubt I'll actually learn much, if any, new information. It'll probably just be new talking heads reiterating the same stuff we've already heard. Still, I haven't anything else to do tonight, so I might as well watch it, right?
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

bruno_wbt wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Reminder that the new Snow White documentary "Behind the Magic" airs today at 8|7c.

I'm excited for this documentary. But I don't understand why couldn’t they include it on the upcoming blu-ray...
They need something for the next re-release! :P
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I enjoyed the special. For some reason, I don't remember the part about the witch selling a corset that nearly causes Snow White to suffocate, but I had heard of the posion comb, of course. Was the corset also in the original tale (I haven't read it in quite a long time)? EDIT: Just checked. Yes, it's in the original tale.

I did find it a little odd how they were focusing on how songs move the story forward at one point, just because I don't... really agree with that? I'd agree with "I'm Wishing/One Song" moving the story, and I guess SW&tSD does a better job moving story and establishing character during the songs than some of the other Walt films, but I've always thought of it as a film with (great) musical interludes, tbh...

Now that I think of it, I'd say "I'm Wishing/One Song" is underrated in a similar way to "Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale" and "Just Around the Riverbend" (although I do like "SMPWC" and "CotW," too).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Apparently, the Oswald short Hunrgy Hobos will appear as an extra on the digital version of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs. That is a slightly more compelling reason to pick this one up. However for me, still not enough. But closer.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=500
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Does anyone know if the special that ABC aired on Sunday night is available online to watch? I mean beside the one on the ABC website. I'm from Romania, and I cannot watch it.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Does anyone know if the special that ABC aired on Sunday night is available online to watch? I mean beside the one on the ABC website. I'm from Romania, and I cannot watch it.
It's available on demand via my cable provider.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Well, this is an odd way to market the upcoming release. :scratch:
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Sotiris wrote:Well, this is an odd way to market the upcoming release. :scratch:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9egkyejlDnA[/youtube]

Well it could be me, but I thought the first trailer was a bit off as well. I understand the concept with the paintbrush and stuff, but it doesn't come off as: ''you should buy this wonderful film, cause it's so magical''… :s Like Disney isn't doing that much of an effort to try to sell it.
Let's be honest, most of the people buying Disney movies, are parents with kids. And if they would show such trailers to kids, I doubt they would get hyped to see and buy the movie. It feels like Disney is slowly pushing their animated classics into the 'streaming/digital corner' and focussing more and more on Marvel and Star Wars and their recent stuff.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea that Grumpy trailer was a crappy trailer. But I thought the original brush and paint one was really, really good! And sold the film as some magical film worth checking out!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

They did one for Sneezy as well.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney Store has an unusual amount of Pinocchio merchandise for sale at the moment, including various collector's items. I wonder if the plan earlier this year was to have Pinocchio in February, but by the time they switched to Snow White consumer products had already put their stuff in production.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I think I've read that, along with Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland is going to make its way into the Signature Collection.

Well, color me surprised if this happens.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Avaitor wrote:I think I've read that, along with Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland is going to make its way into the Signature Collection.

Well, color me surprised if this happens.
Glad to hear that. Hope Dumbo gets added as well. Also hope both BATB and Alice get proper restorations this time, at least color-wise.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Is there anyway to watch the Ginny Goodwin Snow documentary online ? I can't find it on YouTube, which is extremely annoying !
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

I only want this release on digital HD. I do not need to double dip for this release. The Digital HD, will have all the bonus features on there from this release so I'll be all set.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I guess they're doing the same type of promo for all of the dwarfs. That's so boring. The marketing for this release has been surprisingly underwhelming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8faaFIaOc