The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote:Looking at the Target list. Their last Digibook films were Cars 3 / Lady and the Tramp, and their first Digipack film was Coco.
You're right about Cars 3 as well. I took one look at the packaging and thought it was the new style. Funny how I got it and Peter Pan's packaging mixed up. It looks like they started their new packaging for films released in the fall of 2017.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
farerb wrote:Looking at the Target list. Their last Digibook films were Cars 3 / Lady and the Tramp, and their first Digipack film was Coco.
You're right about Cars 3 as well. I took one look at the packaging and thought it was the new style. Funny how I got it and Peter Pan's packaging mixed up. It looks like they started their new packaging for films released in the fall of 2017.
Basically every home release in 2018 and beyond. (Except Lady and the Tramp).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: Thank you for posting that. I thought from the cover it looked more like one of the old Target digibooks but that is the new packaging style. That does make me wonder then if BATB will get one or not. Although even if it doesn't, I don't really care because this is a release that I solely care about the transfer being used. The steelbook will probably be my particular choice for the disc art.
I'm getting everything. Slipcover, steelbook and whatever Target releases.
I'm going to assume that the Blu-Ray bonus features will be the same as the ones on the Signature Edition. As long as they change the transfer, I'm okay with that.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

And it is such a shame cause if anyone wanted their Signature Collection to be Digibooks/Digipacks/Steelbooks/Lenticulars, they can't cause Target and Best Buy changed their exclusives midway.
At least this time around Beauty and the Beast gets a Best Buy exclusive.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Yes, the Blu-ray disc will probably be the same just like The Lion King, though I expect them to remove the 25th Anniversary this time.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:And it is such a shame cause if anyone wanted their Signature Collection to be Digibooks/Digipacks/Steelbooks/Lenticulars, they can't cause Target and Best Buy changed their exclusives midway.
To be fair the Diamond and Platinum lines were even more inconsistent.
farerb wrote:Yes, the Blu-ray disc will probably be the same just like The Lion King, though I expect them to remove the 25th Anniversary this time.
Except The Lion King had the same transfer on Blu-Ray and 4K. If we are getting a new 4K transfer, then the Blu-Ray transfer ought to be different.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

farerb wrote:And it is such a shame cause if anyone wanted their Signature Collection to be Digibooks/Digipacks/Steelbooks/Lenticulars, they can't cause Target and Best Buy changed their exclusives midway.
I've given up on consistency ever since Disney's Platinum line stopped making their box sets. I had so wanted one for The Little Mermaid, too. I have a feeling the Cinderella box set sold poorly compared to Aladdin and TLK, and that was the reason. :/
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Nope, Cinderella's box set probably sold phenomenally.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Unless it's going to change, no new cover art for Beauty and the Beast:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

As long as they change the transfer, I couldn't care less about the cover art. Not surprised after what they did with The Lion King on 4K. Even though that was technically a new cover but not the poster art they initially promoted.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

There's still the steelbook and Best Buy exlcusive! Also, like JeanGreyForever, I don't care about the cover, but the transfer.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:There's still the steelbook and Best Buy exlcusive! Also, like JeanGreyForever, I don't care about the cover, but the transfer.
And just to clarify, the same goes for Cinderella whenever it gets its turn for 4K. They can even leave it coverless or blank and I won't care as long as the restoration is a proper one that it deserves.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, yes, if Cinderella ever gets a 4K I would feel the same. And I actually, what I care even more about than just the colors for BatB is the right shots to be in it, like the one with Belle and the Beast reading by the fire at the end of "Something There", and...was there another mistake?
Last edited by Disney Duster on Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney Duster wrote:Oh, yes, if Cinderella ever gets a 4K I would feel the same. And I actually, what I care even more about than jusy the colors for BatB is the right shots to be in it, like the one with Belle and the Beast reading by the fire at the end of "Something There", and...was there another mistake?
Lumiere's eyebrow disappears for a second in the fireplace scene.
There are also deliberate changes to backgrounds like Belle's reflection, though they were done deliberately.
If we go by what's on Disney Plus, the colors will be good but the mistakes will remain. We'll just have to wait and see what's on the disc eventually.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Oh, yes, if Cinderella ever gets a 4K I would feel the same. And I actually, what I care even more about than jusy the colors for BatB is the right shots to be in it, like the one with Belle and the Beast reading by the fire at the end of "Something There", and...was there another mistake?
Lumiere's eyebrow disappears for a second in the fireplace scene.
There are also deliberate changes to backgrounds like Belle's reflection, though they were done deliberately.
If we go by what's on Disney Plus, the colors will be good but the mistakes will remain. We'll just have to wait and see what's on the disc eventually.
There was another error as well that I think I posted sometime back in this thread when the Signature Edition came out. It's the scene where the objects are trying to tell Beast to be patient when Belle won't come down to dinner and there's this weird splotch that pops up in the background for a second.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, ok thank you guys for alerting me to those errors. I ashamedly admit I actually like the addition of Belle's reflection, as long as she is drawn correctly (i.e., as long as the part of her hair that is down is on the right side it would be in a reflection). But if you guys really only want the original theatrical version, I understand, and am with you that that should be the one released.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney Duster wrote:Oh, ok thank you guys for alerting me to those errors. I ashamedly admit I actually like the addition of Belle's reflection, as long as she is drawn correctly (i.e., as long as the part of her hair that is down is on the right side it would be in a reflection). But if you guys really only want the original theatrical version, I understand, and am with you that that should be the one released.
The DCP represents that. I think the 4K will be the same as Disney Plus, which is like the DCP in terms of colors (or very close to) but it still has the alterations and mistakes. The best representative of the original theatrical release is the laserdisc, and whenever it happens, a fan restoration.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, maybe I'll pray for the DCP on 4K, why not? I wonder if the fan restorations for BatB and Cinderella happen, and if I can get my hands on them.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

farerb wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Oh, ok thank you guys for alerting me to those errors. I ashamedly admit I actually like the addition of Belle's reflection, as long as she is drawn correctly (i.e., as long as the part of her hair that is down is on the right side it would be in a reflection). But if you guys really only want the original theatrical version, I understand, and am with you that that should be the one released.
The DCP represents that. I think the 4K will be the same as Disney Plus, which is like the DCP in terms of colors (or very close to) but it still has the alterations and mistakes. The best representative of the original theatrical release is the laserdisc, and whenever it happens, a fan restoration.
Which is ironic because the Special Edition with Human Again is nowhere to be found.
ImageImage
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

farerb wrote:Unless it's going to change, no new cover art for Beauty and the Beast:
If there is no new transfer I definitely will not be picking this one up. I own all the other releases, why get it a 20th time? Lol :lol: