DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Twinchantment
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 am 
Platinum Edition

A new Disney Channel Original Movie is coming our way.

Quote:
Emmy-nominated writer and New York Times best-selling author Elise Allen made a name for herself with her acclaimed young adult novel Populazzi. She also cowrote Hilary Duff's best-selling Elixir series, as well as Bella Thorne's series, Autumn Falls. She is a longtime television writer, with credits including The Lion Guard, Rainbow Rangers, and Abby Hatcher. Most excitingly, her middle grade series Twinchantment has been optioned for film development by Disney Channel.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Gabby-Duran-Unsi ... 368054250/

Quote:
Princesses Flissa and Sara are even closer than most twins. In fact, most of the kingdom thinks they're the same person. When magic was outlawed in Kaloon generations ago, twins, black cats, and other potentially magical beings, were outlawed too. Since they were born, Flissa and Sara have pretended to be one princess, Flissara, trading off royal duties like attending glamorous balls, participating in fencing exhibitions, and making friends with other young nobles, all while hiding in plain sight.

But when the first magical attack in years puts their mother's life in danger, the girls must break the rules that have protected them to save her. Enlisting a brave servant boy and his plucky black kitten as their guides, they set off on an epic quest to the Twists-a forbidden place full of dark magic-to find the evil mage who cursed the queen. With a case of mistaken identity, a wickedly powerful exile out for vengeance, and time running out for their mother, the twins might just need to make their own magic to save the day.
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Twinchantment-1- ... 368008623/

Post subject: Re: Twinchantment
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:54 pm 
Collector's Edition

Really reminds me of Twitches, but hey, I liked Twitches and the sequel, so why not do more with those same ideas?

I do like the idea of two people having to pretend to be one. For a Disney movie anyway maybe it'd be an interesting show of how twins are not the same person, everyone is unique, yadda yadda yadda.

Post subject: Re: Twinchantment
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:41 pm 
Collector's Edition

Sounds like a magical, PG version of that Netflix movie from a couple of years ago, 'What Happened to Monday?' I'm sure there are more movies with a premise like that, but that's the first one I thought of.

Curious to see if this is going to be any good.