DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wreck-It Ralph 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Does this count as a few? :P

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Fantasia
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Oliver & Company
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo & Stitch
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
The Princess and the Frog

Oh yes, it does count ;)

I had the indication that you liked the post-Renaissance films, but I'm surprised to see The Princess and the Frog among your list. I thought you were lukewarm to every Lasseter-era production.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
I thought you were lukewarm to every Lasseter-era production.

I am but there were some nice moments stemming from Musker & Clements' storytelling sensibilities that made it worthy enough for me to include.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Fair enough. I felt that at least it had the same feel and tone as what identifies a Clusker production and it did have certain quintessential Disney components (or rather said, a great and captivating villain). It's a pity that The Princess and the Frog was released in frankly what was a wrong time, because that was precisely what hampered the film.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:04 am 
Limited Edition

Kyle wrote:
Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Baby molly appears in the airport undisguised in toy story 2 with another family.

I think I know which moment you're referring to, when a woman is holding her in the airport. But I think in that case it wasn't a cameo and they were just reusing her model, because the real Molly also appears in the film.

estefan wrote:
In The Hunchback of Notre Dame, we see Pumbaa hanging on a stick ready to be cooked and in Hercules, Scar is a rug. So wouldn't be the first time they've taken a Disney character and did something shocking with them.

Well, the Pumba reference is certainly worse, but it's really difficult to spot, and the Scar cameo is different because he's a villain and we don't care what they do with him. Plus, he's already dead at the end of The Lion King.

On second thought, I think it's not how they treat the character the main thing that makes me find this particular cameo strange, but the fact that other cameos are usually very short and the characters tend to be in the background, while here she does some action and even speaks (screams).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quote:
Phil Johnston: "There's no regular source of inspiration, other than real life. For instance, I'm working on the sequel to Wreck-It-Ralph right now. I'm writing and directing that and there's a character in the movie named JP, based after KETV photographer, JP Carter, for real. I named him that. The character isn't really based on him, but his name is JP. And that's in honor of our dear friend JP Carter. But real life is the real inspiration, I think."

http://www.ketv.com/article/porch-colla ... b/19468037

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 am 
Collector's Edition

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but it that a John Musker cameo we see in the trailer?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:37 am 
Limited Edition

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but it that a John Musker cameo we see in the trailer?

At what point of the trailer does it happen?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:42 am 
Collector's Edition

It is the first character we see in the trailer, the guy who park outside the arcade and walks in the door to connect the place with the internet. Just think it looks very much like present day John Musker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 am 
Platinum Edition

^No, that's Stan Litwak, the owner of the arcade from the first one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 am 
Collector's Edition

They must have used John Musker as a model, because he looks very much like him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 pm 
Limited Edition

^Yes, he looks a bit like John Musker, but apparently his design is based on another person:

Quote:
Mr. Litwak's appearance and attire is a homage to Walter Day, the veteran video game referee and founder of Twin Galaxies.
Source: http://wreckitralph.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Litwak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 am 
Collector's Edition

Well, at least they got his shirt right. Still, he sure looks a lot like John Musker.

(Then there is the character based on John Lasseter in Bee movie, and Frank and Ollie in The Incredibles)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:36 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Does this count as a few? :P

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Fantasia
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Oliver & Company
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo & Stitch
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
The Princess and the Frog

Sorry for bumping this tread, but don't you like The Lion King?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:32 am 
Platinum Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Don't you like The Lion King?

It's alright but it's not amongst my favorites. I much prefer the Broadway adaptation than the movie.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I'm currently working at Disney World right now and it's a dream! :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy:

Japanese poster:
https://twitter.com/disneyfilmfacts/sta ... 2345612288

DisneyEra wrote:
While standing in line for Space Mountain, I ask a woman, who was wearing a Beauty & the Beast shirt: Are you looking forward to the Wreck It Ralph sequel? She replied: I never saw the first one. Nuff said.

Unfortunately, you're right. I usually bring up the scene to little girls & their families since you know..princesses. Literally about 98% of the families never seen or even heard of the first one. In fact, they're now going to the sequel just for the Princess scene. So, if I were Disney, the princess scene needs to be in the trailer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

Unsurprisingly, the Japanese poster is miles ahead of the American one. You can always count on Japan to bring appealing aesthetics to the table, even to projects that aren't always conducive to that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I'm currently working at Disney World right now and it's a dream! :earsguy: :earsguy: :earsguy:

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. :D And thanks for posting the Japanese poster. It's a nice poster.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:56 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:

Congratulations! It must be so thrilling to work there.

Thanks for posting the Japanese poster as well. I really love how it resembles a city with all the app symbols, plus the Tsum-Tsums.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:06 am 
Platinum Edition

Good for you, disneyprincess11! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:04 pm 
Limited Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:

Japanese poster:
https://twitter.com/disneyfilmfacts/sta ... 2345612288

DisneyEra wrote:
While standing in line for Space Mountain, I ask a woman, who was wearing a Beauty & the Beast shirt: Are you looking forward to the Wreck It Ralph sequel? She replied: I never saw the first one. Nuff said.

Unfortunately, you're right. I usually bring up the scene to little girls & their families since you know..princesses. Literally about 98% of the families never seen or even heard of the first one. In fact, they're now going to the sequel just for the Princess scene. So, if I were Disney, the princess scene needs to be in the trailer.

2nd trailer should be out with the Incredibles sequel, interested in how Disney is gonna market this film. Will they're be new merchandise, considering merch from the first film is all but extinct. Will Yass be Ralph's love interest? And of course the infamous Princess scene. I clearly believe some of it will be in next trailer. Question is what will Disney do leading up to the film's release: focus more on the story/characters or will the marketing focus more on the Princess scene, Star Wars/Marvel tie ins? But considering the response on the Baby Moana scene in the teaser, I think we already know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 46  Next