Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The best parts are Aurora passed out in a hammock of Rapunzel's hair and Belle in her book.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:You brought up JLO, and I cannot stand her anymore. All those years on Idol pretty much showed her true colors. Live TV really exposes some people.
Really? What did she do? She was praised for her likability during the first season on Idol. Sorry for bumping this thread, but I got curious.
Disney's Divinity

Eh… I used to be a casual fan of JLO at one time. I loved her in Selena and Maid in Manhatten. I had a copy of the album with "Waiting For Tonight," which is still my favorite song of hers, and even bought Love? which was cross-promoted with Idol; I justified buying the latter because she had a couple of songs written by Lady Gaga, who was at her height at the time. :wink:

I was actually really excited when she was announced for Idol (in part because they got rid of Kara DioGuardi and her obsession with "artistry"...which seemed to be code for "can't sing very well"). She is a great actress and dancer still, and of course she's beautiful, too, even if I don’t like what I've seen of her personality. She had a bizarre enmity with the female contestants on Idol (Pia Toscano, Haley Reinhart, Hollie Cavanagh, Elise Testone, and Jessica Meuse being the main examples) and constantly criticized them while propping up the often-talentless white guys who ended up destroying the show. She was even rude to Candice Glover, imo, when Glover returned to sing the season after she'd won the way winners often do, refusing to stand or clap for her. Paula always treated the male and female contestants equally, imo. Katy seems to get mocked pretty often on the revival--I think she's a perfect fit for the show, personally--but she always hypes the female contestants. Even Mariah and Nicki Minaj, while they couldn’t get along with one another, they always treated the girls fairly. No surprise the only seasons to have a female winner since JLO first joined Idol happened on the Mariah season (when she was not on the panel) and then in the revival on ABC in which JLO is not involved, thank God. On some Idol forum I visit, she's referred to as Cruella de Lipsync. rotfl
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Aaaah, okay. Thanks for the head-up. I used to like J.Lo myself priorly, but mainly for her music.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Animation reel. Posting for the 2D passes because holy lord, they're gorgeous. Gives you a feel what it would be like if RBTI was 2D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mzLViK3HTQ
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ That is super cool!!!!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Just watched it again.

While the first time I enjoyed it for what it was this next time I felt very dissapointed.

Things I didn´t like in the first place that still stands:

-This movie could have been done perfectly without the characters of Ralph.
-This is Disney´s Toy Story 4. While the message it portrays is more than fine it didn´t need to ruin what the first did.

Second time around in any particular order:

-The Disney Princesses jokes. One thing is to be aware of how the line is perceived and another is to mock it for the sake of current times.
-The Disney IPs shown. While they could get away with it because the story takes place in the Internet it still is a Disney movie. Shouldn´t have been mixed with anything else.
-They didn´t have to hurt the character of Ralph in the process.
-In the end, when Ralph and Vanellope talk about when they would see each other again she says that until several months. And while that´s great in the real world if people go in different ways it makes NO SENSE for videogame characters. Why on Earth couldn´t they see each other more often? If first they state that Ralph can´t be separated for a moment from Vanellope why it would be bad for them to see each other if not once per week at least once per two weeks.
-The Vanellope song is AWFUL. In every single way.
-Vanellope decides to stay saying nobody would care because there are many other characters in her game. However, since the end of the first and the beginning of this one it´s shown that players love to play as her. If she isn´t there: Won´t they complain of her absence and put the game at risk? That´s selfish.
-Not caring for Felix Jr. and Calhoun
-They talk in the movie how Internet works with what´s trending. Can´t Slaughter Race become stale and taken out eventually?

I wanted for Wreck it Ralph to have a sequel. But this one destroys what the first did great. In the end here are my thoughts:

1-Again, to tell this story, they didn´t need the characters.
2-If they still wanted to tell the story with them, fine. But it needed to be worked out much more.
3- Out with the Disney IPs outside of their own movies.
4- This movie really dissapointed me and it´s one I feel the least desire to rewatch.

...I own it because I´m a Disney fan and would like to enjoy it more with more viewings but as it is now is a no for me.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

This was better than Incredibles 2 :)
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

We did a rewatch last Sunday.

My opinion didn't change: it's horrible. I think I even liked it less than I did before.

This movie is not what Disney is to me. The theme feels forced and will soon be outdated.
The characters are not likable and there's no one I want to root for.
I just can't stand Vanellope or her voice.
I don't need to see references to Youtube and Amazon and Ebay in Disney movies!

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the first movie either, but that one is sorta tolerable at least.

For me, the last Disney classic that actually felt Disney to me, was Big Hero 6.
I don't like the plot-twist-villain reveal they've been doing since WReck-It Ralph and most movies since Tangled just feel uninspired or unnecessary.
I mean, Moana was beautiful, but it was a little bland and sorta forgettable.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Khonnor wrote:We did a rewatch last Sunday.

I don't like the plot-twist-villain reveal they've been doing since WReck-It Ralph and most movies since Tangled just feel uninspired or unnecessary.
I watched the Extras on the BD and funny enough the producers talked about the decision that a surprise villain wasn´t needed in this ocassion.

I know that´s how they have been going but since when it´s become mandatory?

As for "surprise villains go"...

-King Candy worked because they already laid the background when they established Turbo.
-In TeKa´s case it worked because of the story was done and she was a villainess anyways.

With the rest...PLEASE STOP!!! Disney so famous for their incredible villains and now they are relegated to this lame villains. Let Pixar have their own thing. It doesn´t work for Disney.

More so because even within Pixar, for the most part, once the character is revealed as a villain they still let him/her go away doing bad things. With Disney once their revealed is right in the end of the movie and they get to do barely anything beofore the get defeated.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Don't really care about either one. In fact I feel that if Wreck-it Ralph had been released before TPATF no one would have counted it as part of the Revival just like no one counts Bolt. Same with Big Hero 6.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Well something could be happening with the Princesses soon. A new action figure set just hit Europe

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFAWCsrjhqR ... idmmsqc07y
Disney's Divinity

Fingers crossed! I'm really hoping they do something with it. Of course my luck would be that even if they did, it would be something exclusive to Disney+, which means I'd never see it. :facepalm:

Funko for the Wrecked versions were also planned, but never happened... That's strange to me when they keep make other toys for the Wrecked Princesses. I really just wanted Ariel and Tiana.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Well something could be happening with the Princesses soon. A new action figure set just hit Europe.
I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. They've been making new Comfy Squad merch periodically ever since the movie came out because the line has been popular. It doesn't necessarily mean something.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I noticed that their shirts don't have writings on them.
blackcauldron85

^ Can anyone make out what Moana is holding in that Instagram photo of the new toys? It's just looking like a worm on a rock for me...
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Haha oh it does! I think maybe it’s a coconut drink with a straw, maybe? But the straw looks too big...
blackcauldron85

I think you are right- what else but a coconut! My husband just said that it looks like a shrimp in a coconut. :p Why did they make the straw, if that's what it is, that color!?

*edit* I found this different product, and she's holding a coconut with a straw and umbrella!
https://www.target.com/p/disney-wreck-i ... nk=sametab
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

So....is someone going to tell the Princess merchandise team that Vanellope left Sugar Rush? :lol:

Also, to respond to your question from earlier, Sotiris: I think a major WiR Princess project could be happening because of the random surge of merch. There was *some* dolls last year, but now the Disney Store figurines, a castle, new line of dolls etc.

Like right now, Descendants currently have wedding merch coming out and animated shorts are popping up on their YouTube page. I'm shocked that a WDAS short hasn't been released yet.