Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Rich has pretty much confirmed Nick and Judy are in the movie

https://twitter.com/_rich_moore/status/ ... 9577110528
https://twitter.com/_rich_moore/status/ ... 3111519232

Also, like it or not (having a funny feeling it's going to be mostly nots :P ), it sounds like the Princess selfies are actually a part of a scene in the movie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnlwmR2j0AM ... y=oonaraoo
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Yaaaay ! So glad they will be in it. I hope they have a vocal role :)

I wonder if, as a spin off from this for the home release, they will do a Wrecked Princess short ? As they seems to be creating the most buzz, might make sense to have them on there !
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:The Aristocats isn't super popular but Marie is. Especially internationally. She's beloved in France and basically an icon in Japan. She's pretty consistent in merchandise here in the U.S. as well.
I wonder why, though.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

she's a cute white kitten with a pink bow...she's just easy to market to girls.
what weird is that I'm now seeing Oliver getting merch in Japan, usually in conjunction with other Disney cat merch. Its weird b/c Im sure Oliver & Co was never popular in Japan, and there's already an orangish kitten in Aristocats, you'd think itd be easier to market him since he's Marie's brother.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

New Hyper-Reality Experiences to be Set in Disney Universes; ‘Ralph Breaks VR’ Debuts Fall 2018
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... fall-2018/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Weirdly, despite the finished animation, today was the final day of recording and Jodi Benson did the last lines for Ariel. The reception to the Princess scene has indeed added more scenes with them, which is funny because they don't come in the movie later on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpXpAEHM33 ... _copy_link
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

They are 100% adding more Princesses in for sure now ! No question !
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

As a Princess fan, this makes me thrilled. As a WiR fan, this makes me worried. How much exactly are they adding? I want to see them often, but not so much they take over the last third of the movie unless they help Vanellope out in anyway. Or it could be in-credits scenes, which would be a good compromise. And will the new princess scenes make it to the books? Don’t the books finish production around June?

Two things are clear: telling from Nicole’s post and how they were not done with voiceover, a Princess Mother scene is very clear and maybe with Felix and Calhoun. And second, it’s also clear this is just the beginning of the Princess franchise and its future. At this point, I don’t understand how they could not add Vanellope in the lineup.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Atlantica wrote:I wonder if, as a spin off from this for the home release, they will do a Wrecked Princess short ? As they seems to be creating the most buzz, might make sense to have them on there !
That sounds very likely. They said the animation of the film was finished. What if these recent recordings are for a short and not for expanding the Princesses' roles in the film as we had thought?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

D82 wrote:
Atlantica wrote:I wonder if, as a spin off from this for the home release, they will do a Wrecked Princess short ? As they seems to be creating the most buzz, might make sense to have them on there !
That sounds very likely. They said the animation of the film was finished. What if these recent recordings are for a short and not for expanding the Princesses' roles in the film as we had thought?
Nope. Unless she's lying and it is a short which would be fantastic, she said on the caption it was for the movie
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Nope. Unless she's lying and it is a short which would be fantastic, she said on the caption it was for the movie
Ah, OK. Well, if they were making a short maybe she wouldn't be allowed to talk about it yet, but then she could just not reveal she's been recording at the studio instead of lying. So, I guess it must be for the movie then.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well if it was a short, I don't think Jodi would announce that .... it was just 'working on Wreck It Ralph 2', as she said. It will have to be expanded Princess scenes, no other explanation for it.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Yes, you're right. But if they're giving the Princesses more screen time in the film, I guess they're either expanding the scene we know, or making a new scene for the end/end credits. I think it's too late for adding them in more parts of the story. I'm not happy with all this, I thought they would only appear in that scene and that would be it, but now I can see Disney making also a short and/or a TV series with these Princesses, as some of you mentioned, given their popularity with the public.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

And the band in the credits is Imagine Dragons with a new song called Zero. https://twitter.com/urultimatemusic/sta ... 55200?s=21

Also, new Japanese trailer will be out soon

https://twitter.com/k0926yusuke/status/ ... 10433?s=21
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The lyric video for the end-credits song "Zero" by Imagine Dragons has just been released. The video is inventive but the song really sucks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Really? I didn't thought of it as bad. Typical of it's genre, but it was listenable enough. The lead singer sounds a little bit like Chris Martin, though :D
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Imagine Dragons is that band with that song Radioactive that was on every damn sci-fi/action trailer the year it came out. :P

I just saw a Wrecked Moana Funko Rock Candy figure on Tumblr. So Im sure we'll get more Wrecked princesses in figure form too.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

That lyric video was very original! The song is not great, but not bad either in my opinion. Here's an article about it with words by Imagine Dragons’ lead singer Dan Reynolds, Rich Moore and Phil Johnston: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/9 ... redit-song

According to several tweets, articles from the event for bloggers will start being released tomorrow. One says a new trailer will also arrive on Thursday. We'll see if that's true or not.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Sounds like it is!

https://twitter.com/RXCafeTX/status/1042646272962949120

Praying we FINALLY get Calhoun and Felix in the trailer today or whenever it's coming! I have a feeling we're only going to get Felix, which I wouldn't be mad about. I just want anything lol

I like Zero even if the lyrics are a little clunky, but I like When Can I See You Again much more. WCISYA has much more of the feeling from the movie, plus it has immense charm as well. LOVED the music video though
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »