Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I don't even know if Disney would have a Wrecked Princess show or movie after this. I was looking forward for a big comeback with these characters, but it's not mean to be, I guess :cry.
Sorry to say this, but I'm not really too keen on the Wrecked Princess show. Due to how badly looking the Princess avatars looked in the final film, I wouldn't like another franchise that tarnished their Legacy.
Sotiris wrote:I like this artwork of Shank. She kind of looks like Belle here.
She does, right?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

bradhig wrote:Won't people notice Vanellope is missing from Sugar Rush?
People haven't noticed for years when she was glitched out of the game in the first movie, so I don't think so. Don't the racers play daily to decide who'll get to play in the actual race, too?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I just saw it. I wasn't very impressed, although there were some aspects which I thought were fun and creative, like how they showed the search box and all the different browsers and ads on the Internet. And the Princess scene was super fun, I loved it a lot, but it was too short.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Sotiris wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Interesting that they didn't include Anna and Elsa in the doll set. Did they suddenly remember they aren't part of the Disney Princess franchise?

Source: https://www.shopdisney.com/vanellope-wi ... et-1490754
They made a separate set with just Anna, Elsa, and Vanellope.

Source: https://www.shopdisney.com/vanellope-wi ... et-1495446
I was looking forward to this set since I cant afford the first set and its sold out anyway. But Anna looks hideous! Id have to see it in person and if she still has that goofy looking head then I'll just stick to the Rock Candies.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

New clip from the princess scene in Japanese.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Ralph Breaks the Internet won Best Animated Feature at the Capri, Hollywood International Film Festival. This is the first and so far only award the film has won.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:New clip from the princess scene in Japanese.
You know, after seen the clip, what I truly hated with that scene, was the spinning wheel transition with the Disney Castle logo. It's so silly, superfluous and seems retro and more at home With a Fantastic Four-premise than a Disney one.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The music video for the Brazilian rendition of "In This Place" has been released.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Watch Sarah Silverman record her Ralph Breaks the Internet musical number
https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/07/slaugh ... rman-song/

Sotiris wrote:The music video for the Brazilian rendition of "In This Place" has been released.
Thanks for posting!
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The whole video of Sarah recording IPCSR

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Watch Sarah Silverman record her Ralph Breaks the Internet musical number
Thanks for sharing! Alan directing Sarah was so cute. This is the first time I've watched the sequence in its entirety and I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the visuals. The song seems to be doing the heavy lifting for the emotional payoff of the scene. The music is sweeping and soaring and the imagery isn't quite up there. They should have gone with something more impressive and imaginative than this.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Another interview with Alan Menken about the song. It's such a shame he's not allowed more creative freedom with the live-action remakes.
Q: What has the experience been like for you, revisiting your classic works with new live-action projects?

Alan Menken: It’s both liberating and also frustrating, and it’s fine. On a live-action film adaptation of my musicals, I have very little control. I can state what I think might be preferable, but it’s a director’s medium, and you want to first and foremost be supportive of that, and make sure that they want you to be in the room. If you’re going to be a stickler about, “You can’t do this,” and “You shouldn’t do that,” they’ll maybe be respectful, and then not invite you to any more meetings.
Source: https://deadline.com/2018/12/ralph-brea ... 202520346/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The disrespect of Menken continues. I guess that explains why they decided to bring Miranda onto TLM; so they don't have to deal with the old composer, you know the one whose classic soundtracks they're lifting to make more millions.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

I just got the Princess collection last week. I may get the Frozen ones, but gosh Anna looks terrible. These concept art faces don't transfer well at all.
Sotiris wrote:Another interview with Alan Menken about the song. It's such a shame he's not allowed more creative freedom with the live-action remakes.
Q: What has the experience been like for you, revisiting your classic works with new live-action projects?

Alan Menken: It’s both liberating and also frustrating, and it’s fine. On a live-action film adaptation of my musicals, I have very little control. I can state what I think might be preferable, but it’s a director’s medium, and you want to first and foremost be supportive of that, and make sure that they want you to be in the room. If you’re going to be a stickler about, “You can’t do this,” and “You shouldn’t do that,” they’ll maybe be respectful, and then not invite you to any more meetings.
Source: https://deadline.com/2018/12/ralph-brea ... 202520346/
Well, that explains why Will Smith is rapping Friend Like Me. :huh: :facepalm: Of course Alan wouldn't want that.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I just got the Princess collection last week. I may get the Frozen ones, but gosh Anna looks terrible. These concept art faces don't transfer well at all.
Frankly they never looked well enough to being with, nevermind how they transfer. The Anna doll has already been subjected to a meme. If the film had been bigger, I'm sure this doll would have become more notorious like the Disney Store Emma Watson Belle one was.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney has released the entire clip of the song "A Place Called Slaughter Race": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNq4VxhzaoQ
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New interview with Menken. Him bonding with Sarah over Little Shop of Horrors is adorable.
Q: Ralph Breaks the Internet came out recently and probably the most talked-about scene is when Vanellope has a run-in with all of the other Disney princesses. Soon after, she’s given her own princess “I Want” song, “A Place Called Slaugher Race,” which you wrote, and which, as Sarah herself said, is quite “subversive.”

Alan Menken: It’s a little along the lines of the thing I did for Sausage Party, the Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg film. A couple years ago I wrote the opening number for it [Menken also scored the film]. I feel like I was kind of like a piece of found art put in for comic purposes. [Laughs.]

Q: Sarah Silverman said working with you was a dream come true for her. That must have been fun for you too to work on that song with her and with Gal [Gadot].

Alan Menken: As soon as we got into the room together I had heard Sarah was a big Little Shop fan so I went to the piano and started playing “Somewhere That’s Green,” and she did the whole song as a perfect Audrey literally within five minutes of us meeting. And then of course we got to work on her song. We had a blast in the studio and it was a lot of fun and the success of it has been a great surprise. I’m really pleased.
Source: https://makeitbetter.net/entertainment/ ... l-miranda/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Sarah is one lucky girl! I love Little Shop and it was the first play I did in high school....10 years ago :huh:

Are we really not getting the extended princess scene or a Felix/Calhoun short....for cat videos? :facepalm:
Blu-ray & Digital:

How We Broke the Internet –Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney Animation Studios to get an in-depth look at how the filmmakers brought a world to life that billions of people visit every day but never actually see – the internet. Take a front-row seat as the team reveals the inspirations for the story and what it took to bring it to the screen. Discover all that went into developing the characters of the film including netizens like KnowsMore as well as characters like Double Dan. See the lengths the team took to create the car chase scenes in Slaughter Race and much, much more.
Surfing for Easter Eggs – Surf the web for the near-countless Easter Eggs, inside jokes and references hidden throughout the movie.
The Music of Ralph Breaks the Internet – Take a look at the music of Ralph Breaks the Internet with appearances by Imagine Dragons, Julia Michaels, Alan Menken, Sarah Silverman and more.
Deleted Scenes – Five deleted scenes with intros from directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston. Scenes include Into the Internet, Opposites, Domestic Hell, Bubble of One & Recruiting “Grandma.”
BuzzzTube Cats – Many videos were created by the animators to fill the screens of the Internet world…and lots of them are of cats! Check out the BuzzzTube to watch this hilarious cat compilation.
Music Videos – “Zero” by Imagine Dragons and “In This Place” by Julia Michaels.

Digital Exclusive:

Baby Drivers – Slaughter Racing School – Take a spin behind the wheel with the artists behind Ralph Breaks the Internet as they go to race car driving school.
DVD:

Music Videos – “Zero” by Imagine Dragons and “In This Place” by Julia Michaels.
https://diskingdom.com/2019/01/15/ralph ... announced/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

"Domestic Hell" and the Grandma one could be about Calhoun and Felix...?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:"Domestic Hell" and the Grandma one could be about Calhoun and Felix...?
The Grandma is actually about Slaughter Race, which will be so fun to watch.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVq5dK

I think Opposites and/or A Bubble of One could be about Felix/Calhoun.