Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyEra wrote:It reminds me of this piece from Deviantart a few years ago.
There's been a lot of fan art like that over the years. Personally, it reminded me of this:

https://www.deviantart.com/viria13/art/ ... -280875760
https://www.deviantart.com/viria13/art/ ... -281417502
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yeah, heck I once drew my own set of (awful) Disney princesses in decades inspired fashion( its up on my long dormant Deviantart page). This was way back around early 2000's.
Stuff like this makes me wonder if the Disney animators have run into and even been inspired by all the Disney fanstuff(art and memes, mostly) on places like Deviantart and Tumblr. I think I read somewhere they are not allowed to read fanfic(though that may have been about some other fandom Im into) but I have a hard time believing they don't run into the stuff online, especially the Disney princess in modern/alternative fashions art which is a pretty common fan art theme. Makes me wonder about all the stuff the Frozen 2 team may have run into online.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

unprincess wrote:my parents are elderly and Im in the beginning-mid stages of becoming a caretaker. For someone like me who has to deal with that on top of my own anxiety and Asperger's, its been tough. Im glad things worked out for you and your loved one.
Thanks. :) I see, I imagine it must be difficult for you. I wish you strength and patience to deal with it in the best way possible.

disneyprincess11 wrote:I thought they would be done with the voice acting by now. If Nicole is voicing a character (Siana or not), this must be the largest cast in a Disney movie. If she is doing a song (doubt it), I'm surprised they chose her and not a more popular singer like Camilla from 5th Harmony
Yes, it's strange she's recording dialogue when the animation of the film is already finished. And I don't know how famous she is, but I also imagine there are more popular artists for Disney to choose from to perform an end-credits song. We'll see.

Raf wrote:
Why would they parody that particular movie?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

unprincess-I understand about your parents. When my father was alive with his rare cancer, I would always stay with him. I couldn't physically help him b/c of my disability. But, I would give him water, change the channel for him, get his bucket when he threw up (all the time :( ), sleep with him, snuggle with him and held his hand etc. He passed on earlier last year and I miss him more than anything. Hang on to your dear parents, okay?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disneyprincess11, that's so sad to hear about your dad, and yet so sweet to hear about how you were so wonderful to him. Unprincess, it's sad you are going to have to go through this, so I will pray you get through it all well as possible. D82, glad to hear your family member is all right now.

Unprincess, what is it about Anna's shirt that has to do with her and Hans?
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Last edited by DisneyEra on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:And images and some info from the Siggraph presentation:
https://twitter.com/agraphafx/status/10 ... 9844067328
Hand-drawn animation is alive at Disney! :o :clap: rotfl
Creating new characters, such as the search engine Netizen, KnowsMore, pushed the limits of caricature and 2D/CG animation. His eyes and the reflection in his glasses are hand-drawn, using Disney's Meander.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:unprincess-I understand about your parents. When my father was alive with his rare cancer, I would always stay with him. I couldn't physically help him b/c of my disability. But, I would give him water, change the channel for him, get his bucket when he threw up (all the time :( ), sleep with him, snuggle with him and held his hand etc. He passed on earlier last year and I miss him more than anything. Hang on to your dear parents, okay?
I'm so sorry to hear about it. It's a huge pity that you went through this.
D82 wrote:More concept art of the Princesses: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmUssK3DhXY ... =436488294
At least Jasmine looked like her true self in that picture.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

The princess concept art looks great. Probably better than the movie will turn out as a whole.

Don't care for that pixel art. They should've used a proper sprite artist. These just don't look authentic to the 80s and early 90s in terms of pallet and level of detail.

It should look more like this.

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Thank you so much Duster and DisneyFan. It was a hard, long four years for sure. Actually, the other day, Mom was actually telling me about how Dad would have been so excited for the OhMyDisney and Princess scenes. And speaking of:

So, about this Tweet:
Original websites such as Knowsmore & BuzzTube and existing websites including: #Ebay, #YouTube, #Google are in #RalphBreaksTheInternet.
I get that there are multiple video and search sites online (I guess that's going to be a joke?), but aren't YouTube and Google pointless if they already have Knowsmore and BuzzTube as sites and characters?

Also, with Nicole Scherzinger being in WiR 2, it’s possible that she is Sina, Moana’s mom. Meaning all of the princess moms, like Eudora, Eleanor, Ariana etc. could be in the movie. There is a line in the princess scene when Vanellope and a few others say that they don’t have moms. So, maybe they have a sweet scene with Vanellope? Not to mention Calhoun will be the adopted mom of the Sugar Rush racers, so maybe she'll be in it. If the mom scene is indeed real, I imagine that the scene will be just like a certain Mother's Day Pocket Princess comic
D82 wrote:Yes, it's strange she's recording dialogue when the animation of the film is already finished.
And doesn't the voice come first before animation? I'll feel bad for an animator if he/she will have to do the animation at the last second to adjust the lip movement to match Nicole's mouth movements. There'll be no improv that's for sure
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Thank you so much Duster and DisneyFan. It was a hard, long four years for sure. Actually, the other day, Mom was actually telling me about how Dad would have been so excited for the OhMyDisney and Princess scenes
Sighs. I know all about it. I lost my older brother to suicide six years ago, so I feel with ya.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

D82
Thanks. :) I see, I imagine it must be difficult for you. I wish you strength and patience to deal with it in the best way possible.
thank you, I try, its not easy going from being the one who was looked after to the one doing the looking after, I do get some help from my sister though, bless her.

disneyprincess11
unprincess-I understand about your parents. When my father was alive with his rare cancer, I would always stay with him. I couldn't physically help him b/c of my disability. But, I would give him water, change the channel for him, get his bucket when he threw up (all the time :( ), sleep with him, snuggle with him and held his hand etc. He passed on earlier last year and I miss him more than anything. Hang on to your dear parents, okay?
oh Im so sorry about what you went through. :( its good you were able to be there for him. Yes I am trying to care for them as much as I can, my hope is that even just being there with them is comforting for them.

DisneyFan09
Im so sorry for your loss. :(

Disney Duster
Unprincess, it's sad you are going to have to go through this, so I will pray you get through it all well as possible....

what is it about Anna's shirt that has to do with her and Hans?
aw, thank you :)

and the shirt says "finish each others..." which is a line from LIAOD from Frozen. Its just odd that of all the dialogue Anna says in the film they chose a line from the song she sings with the villain.

Someone even made a real version of the shirt(and some of the others,) lol.

link to the shirts:
https://www.teepublic.com/user/nipahcos ... &ref_type=
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks, Disney Duster. :) You're always so attentive with everybody. It's admirable.

I'm so sorry for your losses DisneyFan09 and disneyprincess11. :( I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for both of you.

I understand it mustn't be easy, unprincess. I'm glad you have at least some help from your sister.

DisneyEra wrote:A shirt from the Animation crew with Ralph & the Princesses in 8-Bit?
I like the idea. Thanks for posting it!
Sotiris wrote:Hand-drawn animation is alive at Disney! :o :clap: rotfl
Creating new characters, such as the search engine Netizen, KnowsMore, pushed the limits of caricature and 2D/CG animation. His eyes and the reflection in his glasses are hand-drawn, using Disney's Meander.
:lol: I'm surprised they dare to brag about it. What will be next? I don't know how they are going to top this.
Kyle wrote:The princess concept art looks great. Probably better than the movie will turn out as a whole.
They look much better in all the artwork and have a much more unified look than in the movie. I don't understand how the final designs look so bad in comparison.
disneyprincess11 wrote:Also, with Nicole Scherzinger being in WiR 2, it’s possible that she is Sina, Moana’s mom. Meaning all of the princess moms, like Eudora, Eleanor, Ariana etc. could be in the movie. There is a line in the princess scene when Vanellope and a few others say that they don’t have moms. So, maybe they have a sweet scene with Vanellope? Not to mention Calhoun will be the adopted mom of the Sugar Rush racers, so maybe she'll be in it. If the mom scene is indeed real, I imagine that the scene will be just like a certain Mother's Day Pocket Princess comic
That sounds likely. Maybe that's why they needed her.
disneyprincess11 wrote:And doesn't the voice come first before animation?
Yes, that's normally the case. But, I don't know, maybe sometimes there are exceptions.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, it is tough unprincess, I am glad your sister is helping, too. I couldn't read Anna's shirt but now that you showed me, I agree the choice doesn't make sense.

Oh, DisneyFan09, that is so sad, I am sorry about your loss.

Thank you, D82, that made me feel good. You're very nice.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Thanks, everyone. I'm really moved by your support. It's been hard, but my life has slowly started to become better.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

DisneyFan, that is even worse. my heart breaks for you and I'm so so sorry about your brother and what you have gone through :(

So, a new book cover just dropped and not only did they finally reveal Calhoun and the other racers, but they somehow managed to fit in the Ralph meeting the other Ralphs scenario :o :o :o

WITHOUT THE SPOILER:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/458b81d64f0 ... 1_1280.jpg

THE SPOILER:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e8872d7b58e ... b6_540.jpg
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:DisneyFan, that is even worse. my heart breaks for you and I'm so so sorry about your brother and what you have gone through :(
Thanks, that was really sweet of you. And likewise.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

[quote="disneyprincess11"]DisneyFan, that is even worse. my heart breaks for you and I'm so so sorry about your brother and what you have gone through :(

So, a new book cover just dropped and not only did they finally reveal Calhoun and the other racers, but they somehow managed to fit in the Ralph meeting the other Ralphs scenario :o :o :o

WITHOUT THE SPOILER:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/458b81d64f0 ... 1_1280.jpg

THE SPOILER:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e8872d7b58e ... b6_540.jpg[

Ralph meeting other Ralphs :? There's more than 1 Ralph :eyebrow:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:They somehow managed to fit in the Ralph meeting the other Ralphs scenario.
This would mean that either various Ralphs from arcades around the world hopped onto the Internet just like our Ralph did which is too much of a coincidence or that the game Fix-It Felix Jr. got an online version which hasn't been established yet in-universe. Neither scenario seems particularly convincing or compelling.