Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Re: Wreck-It Ralph 2

Post by Warm Regards »

disneyprincess11 wrote:And where the heck is Calhoun and Felix?!
Maybe they're off on vacation visiting Fix-it Felix Senior after the wedding? :lol:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

A tiny bit new information of Yass's love/hate relationship with Ralph (I guess?) from a Italian site
Ralph Spacca Internet tells you about the network through Ralph and Vanellope.
Vanellope suddenly finds himself without his world, a homeless, because Sugar Rush broke down. He then decided, after an understandable moment of loss and sadness, to go and retrieve the missing piece on the net, together with his friend Ralph and from now on our heroes will discover a new world.
The Internet, in fact, is full of pitfalls and poor Ralph, will find himself dealing even with the notorious "hater", which will risk to depress it, will be a new friend to save him. A very cool new friend who has the melodious voice of Taraji P. Henson ( Person of Interest on TV and The Right to Count on the Cinema).
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... tutto-2%2F
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

This shit sounds more and more like a big middle finger to any fan of the original film. Screw Felix, screw Calhoun, screw going Turbo, screw Sugar Rush, screw all the continuity and world building of the first film...

...Basically, in order to promote/whore out their ambitious commercial nonsense, they had to take over the sequel of a movie instead of creating an original one. :D
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

thedisneyspirit wrote:This shit sounds more and more like a big middle finger to any fan of the original film. Screw Felix, screw Calhoun, screw going Turbo, screw Sugar Rush, screw all the continuity and world building of the first film...

...Basically, in order to promote/whore out their ambitious commercial nonsense, they had to take over the sequel of a movie instead of creating an original one. :D
Seems like after the amazing success with Zootopia & the disappointment with Moana, the studio had no idea what to do next. Gigantic was then delayed twice then cancelled in favor for a Wreck it Ralph sequel, which the studio could use to exploit it's various properties & take cheap shots at it's beloved characters. Also, this will be the studio's first feature in 2 years! That's the longest gap since The Great Mouse Detective "July 1986" to Oliver & Company "November 1988". I really hope after the Frozen sequel, Dragon Empire will drop in 2020. The future of WDAS just looks so lackluster :(
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Who is calling Moana a disappointment? The movie made a little over $640 million worldwide and was extremely well received.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

estefan wrote:Who is calling Moana a disappointment? The movie made a little over $640 million worldwide and was extremely well received.
But compared to other Disney/Pixar hits "Frozen & Coco", Moana was a disappointment. It had no break-out market "China for Coco & Japan for Frozen", Won no major awards "those went to Zootopia & Kubo", and was no a huge merchandise seller. Also, what's the future for Moana? Tangled has an established TV series that's been renewed for a 3rd season on Disney Channel, while Frozen is getting a Theatrical sequel for Thanksgiving 2019. No announcements of any kind for Moana. I'm know staring to believe this was another reason Gigantic got the axe & WiR 2 got the green-light. They didn't want Gigantic to turn out doing even less than Moana, and went with the safer Ralph sequel instead. :shrug:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Moana won the Grammys and AMA.
I think there won't be any sequel to Moana because John Musker left Disney and there won't be a TV series becauae I don't think Dwayne Johnson will do an animated TV series.
With that being said I'm glad Moana won't have a continuation because the story felt complete and it doesn't need a follow up in my opinion.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
estefan wrote:Who is calling Moana a disappointment? The movie made a little over $640 million worldwide and was extremely well received.
But compared to other Disney/Pixar hits "Frozen & Coco", Moana was a disappointment. It had no break-out market "China for Coco & Japan for Frozen", Won no major awards "those went to Zootopia & Kubo", and was no a huge merchandise seller. Also, what's the future for Moana? Tangled has an established TV series that's been renewed for a 3rd season on Disney Channel, while Frozen is getting a Theatrical sequel for Thanksgiving 2019. No announcements of any kind for Moana. I'm know staring to believe this was another reason Gigantic got the axe & WiR 2 got the green-light. They didn't want Gigantic to turn out doing even less than Moana, and went with the safer Ralph sequel instead. :shrug:
There's less of a demographic to pander to with Gigantic, as well, if they kept the setting in Spain. Americans would complain about whitewashing and Spaniards not being white (despite they are?) and how the setting should change to fit their fetishes, and Spaniards wouldn't like any yankee bastardization of their culture. Loss-loss situation. :D
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Moana wasn’t as massive as Zootopia or Frozen, but I agree, it wasn’t a disappointment. It did similarly to BH6.
thedisneyspirit wrote:...Basically, in order to promote/whore out their ambitious commercial nonsense, they had to take over the sequel of a movie instead of creating an original one. :D
And the spirit of DisneyToon Studios lives on in the circle of life....!
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

Wow, so many negative thoughts about this movie here, and it wasn't even released yet. For me, I was against the sequels from the main studio, and thought the one for Ralph is especially unecessary. But since it's already here, I won't hate on the movie I haven't even seen yet just because of it's bad promotion. Especially that Disney is almost always bad with promotion. The movie may be terrible, but it may very well be good. I also don't worry about Felix or Calhoun, even if the are my favourite characters from the original. We know they are in the movie after all, even if not in the trailers.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Thank you, Raf for saying it! I wasn't going to because I was scared. I'm worried about the movie too and I'm confused why it seems like they're disregarding the world building and Vanellope's development in the first one, but I'm going to hold my breath until I see it.

EDIT: A new toy set features Yasss, Calhoun, Felix, and a unknown character

https://toywiz.com/marvel-domez-wreck-i ... gWEALw_wcB
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Kay, I quit.

Revealed: Voice of God in Disney's 'Wreck-It Ralph 2'
'Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2' has cast 'Zootopia' voice actor and former Gladiator Mark "Rhino" Smith as the voice of God.

Sources close to the production confirmed that the London-born actor will feature in the upcoming Disney animation, and Smith recently tweeted a photo of himself "back working at #disney."

The actor is perhaps best known in the U.K. for his role as Rhino in the '90s sports entertainment show "Gladiators."

But fans of Disney animation will recognize his booming baritone from 'Zootopia,' in which he played Officer McHorn (a rhino).

'Wreck-It Ralph 2' is being made by the same creative team behind 'Zootopia.'

Smith, who now lives in Los Angeles, will next be seen on screen in Idris Elba's directorial debut, 'Yardie.' Coincidentally, Elba played Police Chief Bogo in 'Zootopia.'

'Wreck-It Ralph' grossed more than $470 million in 2012 and received an Oscar nomination. The sequel sees the return of video-game characters Ralph (John C. Reilly) and Vanellope (Sarah Silverman) who discover a wi-fi router in their arcade, leading them into a new adventure.

It is set for a Thanksgiving-week release on Nov. 21, 2018.
https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62122055?pf ... =hm_nw_mv5
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

This is ridiculous. If I didn't know any better I'd say it's a joke. I have no idea how this will fit in the movie.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Kay, I quit.
:lol:
JeanGreyForever wrote:This is ridiculous. If I didn't know any better I'd say it's a joke. I have no idea how this will fit in the movie.
Yep. Sounds pretty out there. This move is quite surprising considering Disney's policy of not even mentioning God in their movies so as not offend religious people. Isn't including him as a character in movie about video games and the Internet even worse? Didn't they consider how this may alienate their religious audience?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

^Minus Hunchback of course. As a Catholic, I'm not offended. But not surprisingly, my mom is :lol:

I’m guessing God is in Santine’s game. And I’m hoping that because that would work and the movie is already a weird enough acid trip. :shock:

I can believe the Princesses, Stormtroopers, eBay, exploding bunnies over pancakes in this movie…..but God? GOD?! I appreciate the writer and the directors having fun with this. Bless them. The movie may be in the Internet, but it doesn’t mean everything works together. The first one was brilliant because it was overly creative, but still simple enough and focused. This sounds like just throw stuff together and keep it.

I’m still excited as heck for this movie and I’m sure I’m going to love it…but with these elements and taking away Vanellope’s development over her journey, nothing is adding up at all.

Until I see the movie when I can make a judgement and see how all of these things fit together, I’m just going to go along with it, but actually keep my expectations low. I partially blame the marketing for not telling us a thing about the movie and telling two different ways how Ralph and Vanellope decide to go on the web. This may be a trippy acid trip, but it’s better than no sequel.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

The Muslim God Allah is also referenced in "Aladdin."

I trust Rich Moore has mounted a strongly put together story, with all of these elements. I see no reason not to trust to him, based on his previous works. I also can't judge things like story structure, character development, pacing, humour and emotional resonance until they're finally pieced together and I watch the whole movie from start to finish. I'm always amazed at people who are able to already form an opinion on a film or television series based purely on plot descriptions and marketing materials. Because I lost that ability years ago.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

What does @Disney Duster think about this? Would Walt have wanted this? :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

estefan wrote:The Muslim God Allah is also referenced in "Aladdin."
Allah is the Arabic word for God, not the name of the Muslim God. Obviously, Disney made references to God in their movies before; they even made The Small One which was overtly Christian. This policy seem to be new-ish since we know the Lopezes weren't allowed to use the word God in Let It Go and had to change the lyric from "God knows I've tried" to "heaven knows I've tried". Disney was concerned that Christians would consider this as taking the Lord's name in vain and had them change it. The fact they were this cautious with a passing and harmless reference to God makes it even more odd they'd allow the filmmakers to include him as a character in a movie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

estefan wrote:The Muslim God Allah is also referenced in "Aladdin."

You totally know it's something completely different to have the characters reference him than him actually appearing and being a character himself.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

OMG. :facepalm:

This is the ultimate peak of ridiculousness. I'm usually not as critical towards Disney's cringe-worthy ideas, but this is definitively ridiculous.