Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Maleficent Sequel Moving Forward; Disney Hoping Angelina Jolie Reprises Her Role
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/15/malefic ... -jolie-re/
Deadline reports that the Mouse House has hired Linda Woolverton to pen the script for a Maleficent sequel. They added, "I’m told the studio is keeping Jolie in the loop and that the sequel will be written for her to reprise."

Angelina Jolie doesn't do sequels. She has turned down lucrative offers in the past to appear in sequels to Wanted and Salt, but Disney is letting that stop them. The 2014 film grossed over $750M at the worldwide box office and Disney wants to see if they can summon some more magic out of Jolie's not-so-villainous role.

Would Jolie make an exception to her sequel rule for Maleficent? "It's kind of hard to top her. She was pretty fun. Maybe I'll get the chance to play her again," Jolie said during a press conference for the film in China last June.

Joe Roth will be back as the film’s producer, but as of right now nobody knows if Robert Stromberg will come back to direct the sequel.

I can't find the words......

You know I -

Why is this why oh why I uh ugh here's a gif

I was not that big of fan of the first one. I'm passing on this
Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Tristy
Special Edition

Re: Maleficent Sequel Moving Forward.....

Post by Tristy »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Maleficent Sequel Moving Forward; Disney Hoping Angelina Jolie Reprises Her Role
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/15/malefic ... -jolie-re/
Deadline reports that the Mouse House has hired Linda Woolverton to pen the script for a Maleficent sequel. They added, "I’m told the studio is keeping Jolie in the loop and that the sequel will be written for her to reprise."

Angelina Jolie doesn't do sequels. She has turned down lucrative offers in the past to appear in sequels to Wanted and Salt, but Disney is letting that stop them. The 2014 film grossed over $750M at the worldwide box office and Disney wants to see if they can summon some more magic out of Jolie's not-so-villainous role.

Would Jolie make an exception to her sequel rule for Maleficent? "It's kind of hard to top her. She was pretty fun. Maybe I'll get the chance to play her again," Jolie said during a press conference for the film in China last June.

Joe Roth will be back as the film’s producer, but as of right now nobody knows if Robert Stromberg will come back to direct the sequel.

I can't find the words......

You know I -

Why is this why oh why I uh ugh here's a jpeg

[img]myliveactiondisneyproject.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/entirely-pointless-nostalgia-critic.jpg[/img]

I was not that big of fan of the first one. I'm passing on this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_Qqnq8pI8[/youtube]

MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!! :angry:

And now here are some words from the REAL (Yes. I used that word) Maleficent on the subject:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEW57EfJcc[/youtube]
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Tristy wrote:MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!
You know, when I saw this thread title, I imagined what kind of hemorrhage I was about to read this forum have. This was the bloodcry I had in my mind. :lol:

Personally, I don't really care. It might even be a little bit better than the original since they won't even have to think about the animated film at all. I'm just not sure what else they could tell?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I vomited inside my mouth when I read this news. This movie was sooo bad. Instead of a live action remake of the classic masterpiece Sleeping Beauty, true to the original classic story, they apparantly decided to come up with a whole different (and crappy) story. No wonder when Linda Woolverton is the screenwriter, that woman could not write a decent movie script if her life depended on it.

Walt Disney Studios should rather make a Sleeping Beauty live action movie, like how they made that glorious Cinderella live action movie. Or they could adapt animated movies like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Snow White or Peter Pan and turn them into live action films. No need to make pointless sequels like "Maleficent 2". It's just so stupid and sad...
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The live action studios is now dead to me.

DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Seriously?!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

…..was I the only one who enjoyed this movie ?! :?

If they make the script less clunky I will so be onboard for this :up: And Angelina as well.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

LMAO

Well at least a sequel would be a completely original story and not a "retelling" that undermines the source material. It'll be easier to enjoy as its own separate franchise now.
Last edited by Lady Cluck on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LADY Image CLUCK
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It's only a matter of time before they announce a live-action sequel to Cinderella too. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Sotiris wrote:It's only a matter of time before they announce a live-action sequel to Cinderella too. :lol:
Don't give them any ideas.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Sotiris wrote:It's only a matter of time before they announce a live-action sequel to Cinderella too. :lol:
And will it also include time travel? :-P
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Atlantica wrote:…..was I the only one who enjoyed this movie ?! :?

If they make the script less clunky I will so be onboard for this :up: And Angelina as well.
I enjoyed it too. :up:
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Disney may be at the top of their game financially, but creatively they're at an all-time low.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

The first movie was fine.

It's called "not pushing your luck".
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

well I liked the film, but I certainly dont think it needs a sequel. :|

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

The first film was ridiculous.

I hope this project crashes and burns. Why not cast Angelina in an original project? Clearly this is about her star power and nothing else.
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

:roll:
What more can I say? They've ruined the original character. Why not ruin her some more?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Miss Manday wrote:
Atlantica wrote:…..was I the only one who enjoyed this movie ?! :?
I enjoyed it too. :up:
Me, three. :P I wouldn't say I loved it, but I enjoyed it despite its flaws. The first film borrowed nothing from the animated film (and little from the original tale) except Maleficent's look and the christening dialogue, so I don't see any harm in a sequel.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

Can they please use the part two of perrault's story because this is such a great opportunity to, even though i know that they'll never do that... :-|
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Considering how they wrapped up loose ends in the first film, I don't know how they could do a sequel worth making in all honesty. If they got Angelina Jolie to do another film for Disney in a similar role, then it may be worth it, but otherwise...no.