The Tinker Bell Film Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

The Tinker Bell Film Series

Post by Atlantica »

As suggested, here is a new topic for the Tink series.

Link to Part 1: http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17783

Carry on discussing below!
Last edited by Atlantica on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

i have one question, i want to buy the blu-ray disc edition of "secret of the wings" and in amazon is not available, only the dvd combo, the dvd and the blu-ray 3d, someone know why?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm not sure if there is, but are there any plans for anything to do with Tink in Disneyland Paris ? Like a meet and greet or something? I was wondering I they could use the shelved Pixie Hollow idea?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Thumper_93 wrote:i have one question, i want to buy the blu-ray disc edition of "secret of the wings" and in amazon is not available, only the dvd combo, the dvd and the blu-ray 3d, someone know why?
That's indeed odd. While Disney initially also advertised a Blu-ray/DVD combo in Blu-ray packaging, it now seems that they won't be releasing one. It's not only amazon; all retailers have removed it. I've checked the official Disney website and it has been removed from there as well. I'm sorry but it looks like you'll have to either buy the 3D combo or the Blu-ray/DVD combo in DVD packaging.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Target has a nice digibook alternative but since you live in Spain it's kinda harder to get.

http://www.target.com/p/secret-of-the-w ... detaillink
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

i saw the price of the 3D blu-ray combo with the delivery service and in comparison with the spanish prices it's not so expensive haha
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

There's also a Walmart exclusive, for anyone interested.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Lnds500 wrote:Target has a nice digibook alternative but since you live in Spain it's kinda harder to get.

http://www.target.com/p/secret-of-the-w ... detaillink
Thanks for posting this! I've always wished Disney would do Digibook releases with the storybook inside. I'll have to check this one out!

EDIT: Woah! I'm just now seeing that apparently Target is getting other Disney exclusive digibook releases! Cinderella and Brave... I hope they're nicely done. I'll definitely be checking these out.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm more interested in the brush even though it'll probably break if I try to use it. :lol:

Wal Mart's rating says PG. I'm assuming that's wrong.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

the digibook is awesome
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've been trying to rack my brains with this .... is there even a meet and greet for Tink in the Paris parks ?!

I don't recall seeing her walking around the parks .... ever ?! Hopefully that is just my poor memory, but does anyone know for sure?
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

El Capitan Theatre Screens SECRET OF THE WINGS, Now thru 9/13
On Saturdays and Sundays, El Capitan guests may also enjoy a Pixie Party with Tinker Bell and Periwinkle after the show at Disney’s Soda Fountain & Studio Store. The Pixie Party features food, activities and a special commemorative photo. Seating is limited and reservations are required.
Read more: http://movies.broadwayworld.com/article ... z257TYXeXd
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aww, I'm glad that you guys can see it in theatres; it's funny, considering that they are DTV fare, they really and truly work in the cinema. I'm not sitting there and thinking "ooo this really shows it wasn't made for the cinema".

I think I felt that when watching Return To Neverland when it was in cinemas over here. Though, to be fair, that could be because they did a special screening of Peter Pan and Neverland back-to-back.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Aww, I'm glad that you guys can see it in theatres; it's funny, considering that they are DTV fare, they really and truly work in the cinema. I'm not sitting there and thinking "ooo this really shows it wasn't made for the cinema".

I think I felt that when watching Return To Neverland when it was in cinemas over here. Though, to be fair, that could be because they did a special screening of Peter Pan and Neverland back-to-back.
no, Return to Never Land was definitely theatre material as well. I remember seeing it on the theatre... the power run out after some point, the projectionist did not continue the movie from the time it got cut and we had to leave earlier cause my mother's sister was really sick.. :P

marvellous times! it al just came back to me :D
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

I saw 'Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings' today! It was charming, but two things bothered me: 1) we've seen snow and frost fairies on the other side of the border before and 2) where was the Minister of Winter?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Old Fish Tale wrote:I saw 'Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings' today! It was charming, but two things bothered me: 1) we've seen snow and frost fairies on the other side of the border before and 2) where was the Minister of Winter?
Wow, lucky you ! Where would you place it with the others ?
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

It was my least favourite, but it was still a good film!

And I forgot to mention something else: there are no connections to 'Peter Pan' this time...
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Old Fish Tale wrote:It was my least favourite, but it was still a good film!
:/ I expected much more..
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Old Fish Tale wrote:It was my least favourite, but it was still a good film
Oh :( What makes you say that ?!
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

The story could be more gripping! And some things just don't make sense... How do the snow and frost fairies go to the mainland? It isn't cold enough in the Autumn...

But don't worry! It was still great! I really liked it! And there were some nice lines and connections to the other films...