DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:57 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/meet_the_robinsons/
http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/vi ... &s=Reviews

They're positive! :) :) :)

Last edited by Jules on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:35 am 
Platinum Edition

So far, MTR has gotten many positive reviews- I knew I would love it, but I'm glad that others do, too! I'm sooo looking forward to this weekend to see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:21 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
So far, MTR has gotten many positive reviews

Where are they!? I've only seen these 2 so far (and one that T/P Fan posted about a week ago).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:42 am 
Platinum Edition

I guess what I remembered reading was on IMDB...since I can't remember where else it would have been. Obviously, there they aren't "real" reviewers, but people there liked it...

And, it's going to be wonderful!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 pm 
Collector's Edition

These just make the wait harder....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Great news! I will more than likely be heading to Illinoise on Friday to see this in 3D. I saw TNBC in 3D and it was so cool. I missed out on Chicken Little in 3D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:59 pm 
Limited Edition

goofystitch wrote:
Great news! I will more than likely be heading to Illinoise on Friday to see this in 3D. I saw TNBC in 3D and it was so cool. I missed out on Chicken Little in 3D.

I guess I'd be a lucky one. My local theater has had 3-d since Monster House last year. :)

3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:07 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

goofystitch wrote:

Did you mean Illinois? :P Where in Illinois will you be going, Chicago? I live in central IL and I havn't heard if any of the theater's near me are doing it.

I'm getting really excited for this movie and so are some guys in my fraternity so I think a group of us are going to go see it. Kind of funny thinking about a group of fraternity men going to see a Disney movie though, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

I think it's great that a bunch of college guys are going to see it, singerguy04! My kind of guys... :lol:

I'm probably seeing this on Saturday, and not Friday, at the theater at Downtown Disney, in Disney Digital 3D!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:15 pm 
Collector's Edition

I want to see MTR opening day, but we don't have a theatre that has 3D ability (that's what happens when your local chain has a monopoly).

I just checked the theatre website and Meet the Robinsons isn't even on the coming soon list! :o

Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

singerguy04 wrote:
Quote:
Did you mean Illinois? :P Where in Illinois will you be going, Chicago? I live in central IL and I havn't heard if any of the theater's near me are doing it.

I live in Wisconsin, so Schaumberg has the closest 3D theater. I haven't actually checked if it will be there, but they had Chicken Little and TNBC in 3D on opening day, so I'm just assuming they will have MTR. My parent's favorite restaurant is right by the theater (Bob Chinn's), so we usually make an event out of these things since it's an hour long drive to get there. I like Chicago, but it's way more hectic than I'm used to, so I typically avoid it if possible. I usually end up down there about 5-6 times a year. One was last weekend.

P.S: I just realized that I actually spelled it "Illinoise" in my first post. I always jokingly call it "Illinoise" because I like to make fun of the stereotypical Wisconsinite accent. Actually, it's more of a Midwestern accent, but whatever. The accent is how the guys talk in the old SNL "Da Bears Da Bulls" skits and how Bobby's mom on "Bobby's World" talked. "Gee golly, dontcha know!" Long "O"s and such. A great example is the movie "Drop Dead Gorgious."

P.S.S: This is only for anyone from Illinois, but do you guys have a nickname for people from Wisconsin? Because we have one for people form Illinois. It is "F.I.B.'s" (you pronounce it fibs). I can't say what it means without swearing. lol. I asked a friend if people from IL have one for us and he said yeah, but he couldn't remember it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:40 am 
Limited Edition

r there tv spots yet? lots and lots of them showing a week bfr opening?? btw i wonder why are pixar movies marketed and hype bigger than disney's nowadays :( there's just something abt a pixar promotion.i can feel it in my bones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:49 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

akhenaten, there are actually a ton of TV spots at the moment. There was one during the Super Bowl, and now they are everywhere. Disney is even shelling out the cash to pay for add space during "American Idol", which played a MTR commercial on Tuesday. Wednesday's "Lost" also included a MTR trailor, which came in at number 9 in the ratings. Disney seems to be paying the large bucks for prime add space. Also, I can hardly watch a syndicated show like "The Simpsons" or "Malcolm in the Middle" without seeing at least one TV spot. I'd say it's safe to say that Disney is rivaling Pixar's add campaines for MTR. The trailor has been attached to any move I've seen rated PG-13 and under, I see adds in every magazine I open, and the TV spots are everywhere. I'm really impressed with Disney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

goofystitch wrote:
akhenaten, there are actually a ton of TV spots at the moment. There was one during the Super Bowl, and now they are everywhere. Disney is even shelling out the cash to pay for add space during "American Idol", which played a MTR commercial on Tuesday. Wednesday's "Lost" also included a MTR trailor, which came in at number 9 in the ratings. Disney seems to be paying the large bucks for prime add space. Also, I can hardly watch a syndicated show like "The Simpsons" or "Malcolm in the Middle" without seeing at least one TV spot. I'd say it's safe to say that Disney is rivaling Pixar's add campaines for MTR. The trailor has been attached to any move I've seen rated PG-13 and under, I see adds in every magazine I open, and the TV spots are everywhere. I'm really impressed with Disney.

This is good. Very, very good. I'm pleased Disney is taking MTR seriously (it didn't seem to with HOTR :roll: ). Of course, you see none of this stuff in Malta, but last time the TV was turned on and muted, and on a channel called "Jetix", which I believe is British. In a space of 20 minutes I think I spotted 2 TV spots for MTR.

I haven't seen anything on Italian TV though (since Malta is so close to Italy, we get the Italian channels free-to-air, the Italians have to pay for them lol :D ), whereas at the time of Chicken Little's release I remember seeing a lot of promotional tie-ins for it, such as Kinder Sorpresa or McDonald's.

The only ads movies get in Malta (apart from foreign TV stations :P ) are maybe from a little TV program called "Flicks", which airs on a local Maltese TV Channel, and from Maltese McDonald's TV Spots (Happy Meals with Disney Toys). But this year they won't even be getting the latter as I believe Disney quit their McDonald's relationship.

BTW guys, I'll keep you informed as to how MTR is performing specifically in my country. It's opening next Friday!! :D (well...duh)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 pm 
Limited Edition

well theres only one tv spot playing during children's prime time on tv here...the one with TOOO THE FUTUREEE. no mcdonald's or burger king tie in promotions yet..i dont think there's any :( but my brothers and cousin are excited about it. arghhhh thursday thursday!!!!!! please everyone contribute to make this one of the largest opening weekend for disney.they need it :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

akhenaten wrote:
please everyone contribute to make this one of the largest opening weekend for disney.they need it :(

Yes Yes!! Like you, I also want this movie to be a blockbuster at the box office! Move over Shrek 2! The new all-time highest grossing animated film is MTR! It is also the highest grossing film EVER! It beats Titanic by 200,000,000 Million Billion Trillion Gillion Dollars! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://www.dannyminton.com/meet_the_robinsons.htm

Enjoy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Julian Carter wrote:
http://www.dannyminton.com/meet_the_robinsons.htm

Enjoy! :D

And the good? The bad isn't really all that bad:
Quote:
While the overall story is solid, the character choices are more than a little bit weird and somewhat disturbing. The future Robinsons seem more at home in an insane asylum than part of a wealthy but eccentric family. One item I noticed from the Robinson family was a bedridden, morbidly obese family member that somehow disappeared from the poster ads. This was a character that should have been removed, even if he were in the Original book by William Joyce.

The characters were made weird on purpose. "If you think your family's different, wait 'til you meet the family of the future." as quoted on the poster! As for the obese kid, I kind of wish he was taken out but until I watch the movie to see his significance, I can't say anything yet. He probably symbolizes for something really important.

Thanks for posting, Julian Carter. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/meet_th ... /?show=all

2 negative reviews. :roll:

BTW magicalwands, you're welcome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:23 pm 
Collector's Edition

On Sunday was in Germany the Pre-Premiere and almost all of the people I know think it is good and by far bette than "Chicken Little".
I've not seen it yet but I guess MTR is pretty good :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next