DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tangled: The Series
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:13 am 
Special Edition

I’m so excited to see the finale and discover how it all ends!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

WillytheDino wrote:
I’m so excited to see the finale and discover how it all ends!

Me too! :D

Sotiris wrote:
I was just surprised Cass didn’t know the little girl was Zhan Tiri until now. I was under the impression she already knew that and didn't care. Who did she think she was then? How come she never demanded answers from her?

I've been wondering who she thought the girl was and why she didn't ask her since the character appeared. I guessed maybe she had told her some lie during the part they didn't show us. I also thought the fact that Cass had changed so radically was partially because she was under a spell or the Moonstone had had some effect on her internally too. But the last episode showed she's still herself and isn't under any spell. I found it a bit disappointing because of that. I wish they had made her transformation into a villain more credible and had given her a clearer motivation. Anyway, we'll see, maybe they'll explain some things we didn't know in the finale and it all will make more sense.

By the way, unless the finale has more songs than a usual special, I guess this season won't have as many songs as the first two, will it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:31 am 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
I also thought the fact that Cass had changed so radically was partially because she was under a spell or the Moonstone had had some effect on her internally too. But the last episode showed she's still herself and isn't under any spell.

While I never thought she was under the moonstone's spell, there was something else I was left wondering about. In "Cassandra's Revenge", after the big battle between Cass and Rapunzel, they showed that the moonstone had chipped. I was expecting that this would have affected Cassandra's powers (weakened them perhaps) or there would be some other consequence to it, but nothing has come out of it yet. Chekhov's gun never went off. Maybe they'll address it in the finale, but somehow I doubt it.

D82 wrote:
I wish they had made her transformation into a villain more credible and had given her a clearer motivation.

Agreed. Varian's motivation was much clearer and well-defined. They kinda dropped the ball with Cassandra.

D82 wrote:
By the way, unless the finale has more songs than a usual special, I guess this season won't have as many songs as the first two, will it?

This time there's no song preview or announcement. They're probably worried about spoilers. I hope since the series finale is longer than usual, there will be three songs and two reprises. I guess we'll find out soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:26 am 
Limited Edition

Do you think they'll explain who did Gothel ****?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:07 am 
Platinum Edition

*SPOILERS*

I loved the ending. I mean, it was nearly everything I would’ve hoped it to be. I was so happy when Zhan Tiri finally transformed; I thought it was going to end with her still as a child. I loved the flashback showing when she was an adult, too, although I kind of wish she’d changed to that form an episode or two back. I thought overall, her three forms fit together neatly as an Unholy Trinity. When she was first transforming, I couldn’t help but be reminded of Ursula bursting out of the wedding gown. I also laughed when the Coronans were all fighting her, and Pat Carroll’s character was carrying a pitchfork (like the trident).

I loved the reprise of “Life After Happily Ever After” and the final new songs, plus “Wind in My Hair” and "Let Me Make You Proud.” The ending with Eugene and Rapunzel in the boat was PERFECT. So glad they thought to do that. Also I want to add how strange it was seeing Rapunzel with long, brown hair. I’m used to long, blonde hair or short, brown hair.

I think the only things that disappointed me were 1.) Cassandra and Rapunzel didn’t have a “For Good”-esque duet. I really thought for sure they were going, too. And it would’ve been a nice parallel to their “Defying Gravity”-esque duet in the first episode of the season. 2.) That Cassandra went away for some undefined “destiny”...? I laughed when the lyrics were something about “I’ve finally found where I belong” (Rapunzel was singing, but Cassandra was the one being shown) and Cassandra was looking out at a random patch of grass. :lol: It just felt sort of sad with everyone singing and the storybook closing with her not in the picture with them…

While the series wasn't everything it could have been--the second season was mostly meandering fluff, which I still think might've been due to Disney interfering in some ways--I've enjoyed this much more than I ever thought I would coming into it. It was easily the most visually appealing Disney show there's been, imo, and it made me like Eugene. For that, it was worth it, just like the Aladdin show for helping me to like Jasmine back in the day. I wish Disney had re-runned the series this weekend ahead of the finale, but with how little confidence they've shown in the shown the past two years, I'm just grateful the show wasn't cancelled without a proper ending. Thanks to the makers of the Tangled: Series for all their work! :) I hope one day, this will get a full release; the same thing I've been hoping for several other Disney shows.

The Weather Girls ~ "It's Raining Men"
Christina Aguilera ~ "Beautiful"
LeAnn Rimes ~ "Love Is Love Is Love"
Gloria Gaynor ~ "I Am What I Am"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:29 am 
Special Edition

Spoilers:

I'm watching it right now. Some first thoughts: I loved the instrumental reprise of Wind in My hair in the scene with Rapunzel and her mother on the horses.
Don’t care for the monkey subplot, I was hoping they would use their time for the main plot.
I like that they finally explained why Zhan Tiri wants to destroy Corona so badly.
Loved the callback to the movie: ‘you are still my dream Eugene’ aaaaaw.

Going to continue right now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:42 pm 
Platinum Edition

SPOILERS, just in case:

I watched it again with the re-run. I just love everything about this final 'film' ending. Like I said, a Cass-Rapunzel duet is the only thing I'd say was missing. Still, I love everything about it. The opening with the mother, the "there is more in you" from the journal her mother gave her, the flashback to Tiri with Demanitus, the lost realm humor, Eugene coming to understand his father's decision, the death and healing incantations, the final boat scene--everything was just perfect, imo. <333 The part when Tiri explodes and all the thorns are disappearing was soo pretty. I'm a little sad it's over and there won't be anymore episodes to come, but I'm always like that with endings.

And, I have to say, and I'm not bashing Gothel for the movie fans, but I think Zhan Tiri is a much better villain than Gothel for me. Aside from Donna Murphy, I didn't really like anything about Gothel. Even her design always just... Eh. She looked like Cher. Zhan Tiri isn't perfect, still she's my idea of a villain. The kind of villain the Revival films are completely lacking. I still wish the child Tiri had changed into her older form in the episode before this. Perhaps when Cassandra finds the piece of shard to the mirror echo of Gothel and she confronts Tiri, Tiri changes into her older form, acts all maternal, and tells Cassandra she can be a better mother to her than Gothel ever was.

I couldn't help noticing--and wondering if it was intentional--that there are many similar things about her to past villains (particularly the famous Disney villainesses, but also Genie Jafar) in her designs. The dark transformation has tentacles like Giant Ursula, horns like Dragon Maleficent, the body shape is just like Genie Jafar being big up top and a tiny waist (not to mention the bonds on her hands*). Even the eyes and face remind me a bit of Yzma's transformation--you know, in the first shot when it's nothing but the pink smoke and eyes, before we pan out to see she's just a house cat. :lol: And her older human form we see in the flashback, her nose has the same shape as Yzma's and something about the regal vibe to her design reminds me of Lady Tremaine. It escaped me if there's something similar to the Evil Queen or the Queen of Hearts; maybe someone else would've noticed something.

* I just had a random thought about Ursula. Triton has those bonds on his arms (I'm assuming they may have a different name, I'm not sure what to call them) when he's king that disappear when the crown and trident are transferred to Ursula. You almost think she should have had bonds on her arms, too, once she became Queen? Or, since the crown changed into sort of a tiara for her, perhaps the huge bonds could've become something smaller like bracelets to suit the owner? And I don't know why I've noticed the similarity between the Genie bonds in Aladdin and Triton's own bonds.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:28 pm 
Special Edition

Spoilers

I just finished it, and wow, it was a great ending to a great show. Everything matched up, there is nothing left that isn't answered (and if there is, it is open to interpretation)...

I loved the final scene, the I See The Lights instrumental in the background, and how this transitions into the Tangled short.

The renaming of the show in the second season to Rapunzels Tangled Adventure feels fitting, since this show really has a beginning - middle - end. It truly is her adventure.
It played out wonderfully and even though there was (a lot of) filler episodes, it felt as a whole story.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
*SPOILERS*
When she was first transforming, I couldn’t help but be reminded of Ursula bursting out of the wedding gown.

That was my first idea, too!

The final fight with everyone felt so epic, I was blown away by it. When Cas 'died' and Rapunzel went to get the power from the sun and moonstone, I teared up. Also felt emotional when they made up. I was afraid it would feel rushed when they did, but somehow, it felt normal and good they way they fixed their war.

There were a lot of parallels between the finale and the Tangled movie, like
- You were my dream, you still are my dream
- Cas dying, Rapunzel crying and 'bringing her back'
- The hug between the main trio was the same with Rapunzel and her parents
- I See The Lights instrumental and the entire scene in the boat
Did you guys notice some more?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:20 pm 
Platinum Edition

I noticed the same things you did, WillytheDino. I can't think of anything to add there. Epic is definitely the right word to describe this. I didn't think they would be able to pull it off, but they did.

I wonder how long it'll be before the last of the music will be released? I hope they please, please, please include the Decaying Incantation this time! I mean Rapunzel's version, but if they include hers and Tiri's both, that would be even better. :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

SPOILERS

I also thought it was a quite satisfying ending to the series. Better than I thought it would be. It solved all the important things and even some I didn't expect, like for example, Eugene forgiving his father.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I also laughed when the Coronans were all fighting her, and Pat Carroll’s character was carrying a pitchfork (like the trident).

I didn't notice that. That's a fun reference!

Disney's Divinity wrote:
The ending with Eugene and Rapunzel in the boat was PERFECT. So glad they thought to do that. Also I want to add how strange it was seeing Rapunzel with long, brown hair. I’m used to long, blonde hair or short, brown hair.

I agree, choosing that set for the final petition was a great idea. I also agree it was strange to see Rapunzel with long brown hair.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I think the only things that disappointed me were
2.) That Cassandra went away for some undefined “destiny”...?

Yeah, it would've been better if they had given her a more concrete goal. Though it's not a bad ending for her either.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
While the series wasn't everything it could have been--the second season was mostly meandering fluff, which I still think might've been due to Disney interfering in some ways--I've enjoyed this much more than I ever thought I would coming into it. It was easily the most visually appealing Disney show there's been, imo, and it made me like Eugene. For that, it was worth it, just like the Aladdin show for helping me to like Jasmine back in the day.

I've also enjoyed it more than I thought I'd do at first. I'm really glad they decided to make it. Though the stories have been usually interesting and the main plot suspenseful, to me the best part have been the characters as well. I like both Rapunzel and Eugene in the movie, but here they've developed their personalities more and have made them more unique. It's great that the original voice actors reprised their roles; they're also a big part of the reason why the characters are so good. And, of course, I'm so glad Menken also returned for the series. His songs have been better in general than I expected for a TV show like this. Glenn Slater has also done a decent job with the lyrics, in my opinion.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I'm a little sad it's over and there won't be anymore episodes to come, but I'm always like that with endings.

Me too, at least with the endings of TV series or movies with several chapters, like The Lord of the Rings. They're always bittersweet to me.

Sotiris wrote:
While I never thought she was under the moonstone's spell, there was something else I was left wondering about. In "Cassandra's Revenge", after the big battle between Cass and Rapunzel, they showed that the moonstone had chipped. I was expecting that this would have affected Cassandra's powers (weakened them perhaps) or there would be some other consequence to it, but nothing has come out of it yet. Chekhov's gun never went off. Maybe they'll address it in the finale, but somehow I doubt it.

I had forgotten about that. It turned out to be something quite important in the end.

Sotiris wrote:
Agreed. Varian's motivation was much clearer and well-defined. They kinda dropped the ball with Cassandra.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that.

Sotiris wrote:
I hope since the series finale is longer than usual, there will be three songs and two reprises.

I was hoping there would be at least one more song than usual too, but I guess given that it was all like a long third act, it wasn't easy to find moments for more musical numbers.

Here are the two new songs and the reprise of "Life After Happily Ever After":
"Through It All"
"I’d Give Anything"
"Life After Happily Ever After Finale"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:08 pm 
Limited Edition

Can someone list all of Cassandra's songs in the entire series? Even duets and group songs?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

farerb wrote:
Can someone list all of Cassandra's songs in the entire series? Even duets and group songs?
Thank you.

I think these are all her songs. She only has some spoken lines in the first one, but I've included it too since she appears in it:

Season 1
- Life After Happily Ever After: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hGeKvhYi4
- I've Got This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_dowx6oKdg
- Ready As I'll Ever Be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-PYYaoq0fY

Season 2
- Next Stop Anywhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Pj0NvuxkE
- The View from Up Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5gQjYrtx0Q
- Waiting in the Wings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HAEkf_Li0
- With You by my Side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RewtgEyEmsM

Season 3
- Waiting in the Wings Reprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKtCOcFfi0
- Crossing the Line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHBg8E1o00
- Nothing Left to Lose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkZEpNsw6zA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm 
Limited Edition

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:04 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
I've also enjoyed it more than I thought I'd do at first. I'm really glad they decided to make it. Though the stories have been usually interesting and the main plot suspenseful, to me the best part have been the characters as well. I like both Rapunzel and Eugene in the movie, but here they've developed their personalities more and have made them more unique. It's great that the original voice actors reprised their roles; they're also a big part of the reason why the characters are so good. And, of course, I'm so glad Menken also returned for the series. His songs have been better in general than I expected for a TV show like this. Glenn Slater has also done a decent job with the lyrics, in my opinion.
I agree with all this. I love Rapunzel and now I love Eugene, too; I think I like Pascal more than I did in the movie now, too. He just had a lot of little moments. Also loved Cassandra, Varian, Lance, Maximus, and Zhan Tiri.

It's really amazing what you can do with a story when you try. I always thought a series for Tangled would have trouble coming up with stories, the same as with Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella (I'm referring to those DTV sequels that were aborted TV series' episodes).

If I had to rank all the movie-based series I've seen:

1. Aladdin ~ Like with this show, I liked the TV series more than the movie itself.
2. Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
3. The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ~ This is pretty much how I was introduced to the Pooh characters. My mother for whatever reason never bought anything Pooh-related, so I didn't see the original shorts until I was a teenager at least. I'm most attached to Sabsom's Rabbit and maybe this show being my intro to the characters is the reason Rabbit is my favorite. In the original shorts, he doesn't stand out as much. I probably like Gopher more than people who first saw the shorts, too.
4. Hercules ~ I don't think this show was that good. The weirdest thing is some of the episodes looked really fantastic, and others looked horrible. I guess they didn't have a good enough budget to animate all the episodes at the same level. Because of the design style of Hercules, those badly-animated episodes were really hard to look at. Still, I'm glad this show happened just because I loved Hercules.
5. The Little Mermaid ~ It has a few great episodes. Like, for example, the one where Ariel gets a bracelet locked on her wrist and is afraid to go home. Like with Hercules, some episodes of the TLM series were higher quality animation than others and this was of the better-animated episodes. That episode also had a lot of mood, tension, terror, etc. I love the ending when Triton rescues her. It's funny, Ariel getting stuck in some creepy, unknown area is sort of like an underwater Wonderland story. Overall, the series is weaker than others, but I enjoy it anyway because of nostalgia and the characters themselves. I do like Urchin and Gabriella, as well as some of the songs (particularly "In Harmony").
7. Jungle Cubs ~ This show is almost nothing like TJB to me. I always enjoyed it for some reason though, although it's not as good as the others.
8. Timon & Pumbaa ~ I'm not a big fan of T&P--I don't hate them or anything though--but this show always annoyed me.

I've only seen a little of the TENG, Lilo & Stitch, and BH6 series, so I can't say about them. I used to really not like L&S the movie, only recently has that opinion changed, which is why I never saw its series. I would've watched TENG and BH6 is the animation wasn't so hard to look at. :huh: I wish BH6 had followed Tangled's lead by looking similar to the hand-drawn art shown in the end credits; I thought those hand-drawn versions of the characters looked better than the 3D designs, personally. I would've watched that show. Tarzan's show simply aired at odd times so I was never able to see it; the few episodes I did see were interesting. It was an eyesore, too, though.

D82 wrote:
Thanks for posting these. I haven't listened to any of the songs from this season aside from when the episodes aired. I decided to watch NLtL again. It's definitely my favorite song where Varian is featured. I just love Varian's voice actor; Jeremy Jordan has such a beautiful voice. I like him better than any of the singers from the film that carried over onto the show, though that wasn't really a contest. :lol: Eden Espinosa is good, too, but the only other voice that competes with his for me is Iglehart. Iglehart has a lot of range and personality, just like when he played Genie, but I don't think his voice is as flat-out gorgeous as Jordan's is to me. Plus, Iglehart never got much to do playing Lance, sadly. Iglehart and Jordan are definitely people whose careers I'll follow, although I'm wishing the best for everyone involved with this show to get more work going forward (including the writers).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:17 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

No problem, farerb! :)

Since I started doing this, I thought I could list all the songs from the series. Please, let me know if I forgot any song and I'll add it:

Season 1
- Life After Happily Ever After: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hGeKvhYi4
- Wind in My Hair (Episode Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsE8ACraYhY
- Wind in My Hair (Full Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7a5RLClkJ0
- Life After Happily Ever After/Wind in My Hair (Reprise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuPrk2BYgqc
- I've Got This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_dowx6oKdg
- Let Me Make You Proud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6SzWvggq0
- Let Me Make You Proud (Reprise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmMWCq8G_00
- Friendship Song (Episode Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU-1TYy-Xro
- Friendship Song (Full Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB-QEt0r8A4
- Listen Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UosaVkq1Jg
- Set Yourself Free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogovLZpSPM
- Ready As I'll Ever Be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-PYYaoq0fY

Season 2
- Next Stop Anywhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Pj0NvuxkE
- If I Could Take This Moment Back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AVFBNM0FdU
- Next Stop Anywhere (Reprise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpS2l6McTbU
- The View from Up Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5gQjYrtx0Q
- Hook Foot's Ballad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0psMWJe-U
- Buddy Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNNz8vlNsXs
- Waiting in the Wings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HAEkf_Li0
- Livin' the Dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtn1O_aXGcA
- With You by My Side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RewtgEyEmsM
- Everything I Ever Thought I Knew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_mx-Biv0Cc

Season 3
- Waiting in the Wings (Reprise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKtCOcFfi0
- Crossing the Line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHBg8E1o00
- Stronger Than Ever Before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZCQCSLdwQU
- Bigger than That: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGZeYU0FO8
- The Girl Who Has Everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7d3PS-UnU
- Nothing Left to Lose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkZEpNsw6zA
- The Girl Who Has Everything (Reprise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxxHtrRpM8
- Through It All: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHSNvl90Og
- I'd Give Anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0Zlz7P8Xw
- Life After Happily Ever After (Finale): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jusEyqS5DAE

Pre-existing/based on pre-existing songs
- Healing Incantation/Reverse Incantation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sfQjT96VPg
- Reverse Incantation (Reprise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbat6Tisjo

Intro/outro
- Wind in My Hair (Intro 3 seasons): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRzxEkz9GA
- More of Me (Outro): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4kXCCx03Qw
- More of Me (Full Version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbj_FBO-yDg

Last edited by D82 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:42 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I love Rapunzel and now I love Eugene, too; I think I like Pascal more than I did in the movie now, too. He just had a lot of little moments. Also loved Cassandra, Varian, Lance, Maximus, and Zhan Tiri.

It's true, Pascal had good moments too. Also Maximus, but come to think of it, he hasn't had a lot of screen time in the latest episodes. From the new characters, Cassandra is my favorite, but I also like all the other main ones. And I agree that Zhan Tiri is not a bad villain.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
It's really amazing what you can do with a story when you try. I always thought a series for Tangled would have trouble coming up with stories, the same as with Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella (I'm referring to those DTV sequels that were aborted TV series' episodes).

Yes, it's true that Tangled didn't seem too suitable for a continuation, but the creators of the show have managed to come up with interesting stories for it.

I haven't watched most of the previous shows based on films from WDAS since they first aired, so I don't think I have them fresh enough in my mind to rank them properly, but the ones I remember enjoying the most are The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Little Mermaid and Aladdin. In that order, I think. My least favorite is also Timon & Pumbaa. I like the characters in the film, but the series was too different from the usual Disney style for my taste.

I haven't seen the Lilo & Stitch show and I think I didn't watch all the episodes from The Emperor's New School either. Also, I don't remember having watched any episode from the Hercules show. I wonder why, because by then I used to watch the Spanish TV program in which these series aired, and I've seen some that were released later, like the Tarzan one. Regarding Big Hero 6: The Series, I've only watched some episodes and they weren't bad, so maybe I'll continue watching it someday. Personally, I wasn't bothered by the visual style, but I wasn't that interested in it, given that Big Hero 6 is not one of my favorite recent movies from the studio.

One you didn't mention that I also used to watch is the 101 Dalmatians show. From what I remember, I enjoyed it for the most part and I found the visual style appealing. I guess The Lion Guard and Legend of the Three Caballeros are in this category of series as well and probably Jake and the Never Land Pirates, The 7D and 101 Dalmatian Street. Of these ones, I've only seen Legend of the Three Caballeros, which I found a bit crazy, but enjoyable; and I just watched the pilot for The Lion Guard. I liked it, but not enough to make me want to continue with the episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 pm 
Limited Edition

I like Cassandra and Cassandra's songs. It's a good thing they made her an antagonist cause they were able to write her songs that better utilize Eden Espinosa's vocals. Jeremy Jordan is good as well. I hope they cast both of them in a WDAS musical in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

@D82: Yeah, I forgot about the Dalmatians show (the old one, not the new one). I always enjoyed that one for what it was; I tend to think of it as something completely unrelated to Dalmatians that just happens to feature characters with the same names. :lol: I'd probably rank it above Timon & Pumbaa. You're right about T&P's humor being really weird. I'm not sure what to compare it to. Nickelodeon shows like The Angry Beavers or Ren & Stimpy, I guess?

Thanks for posting all the links, D82. Am I the only one who sees the title "The Girl Who Has Everything" and thinks of Ariel? :lol: I swear that TLM isn't on my mind 24/7.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:06 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
You're right about T&P's humor being really weird. I'm not sure what to compare it to. Nickelodeon shows like The Angry Beavers or Ren & Stimpy, I guess?

I've never seen The Angry Beavers, but I'm a bit familiar with Ren & Stimpy because my siblings used to watch it (I personally couldn't stand it), and yes, I'd say the humor in Timon & Pumbaa was similar.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the title "The Girl Who Has Everything" and thinks of Ariel? :lol: I swear that TLM isn't on my mind 24/7.

Well, it's not strange you thought of Ariel because she sings those exact same words in "Part of Your World". The title sounded awfully familiar to me. I can't believe I hadn't made the connection before! Do you think it's an homage to The Little Mermaid or just a coincidence?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

I can definitely believe it might've been a deliberate homage. There have been so many references on this show to other Disney movies, but, to me at least, it seems like TLM in particular has been referenced the most often. I think it's very cute.

*SPOILERS BELOW*
Anyone else wish that Disney would make a film trilogy of Tangled now that incorporates the series storylines? Perhaps the sequel could be most of the introductory stuff with the thorns, Rapunzel getting her powers and blonde hair back, meeting Cassandra, with Varian’s takeover attempt stopped in the last 1/3rd, maybe end the film on Cassandra’s betrayal. I know they’d have to really meld a lot of the Dark Kingdom stuff together with the Varian story, but I think it could be done; Varian could uncover a lot of the secrets, perhaps some of Zhan Tiri's cult helps him, and while everyone else is fighting with Varian, Cassandra ends up talking with the cult-member and is told about the moonstone... Then the dramatic ending betrayal from the last episode of the second season repeats itself. :lol: They would probably still be able to introduce Lance and Eugene’s father, but definitely not all the townsfolk, the two kids, the Brotherhood, and all that. Anyway, then the third film could be saving Cassandra and everything with Zhan Tiri, Demanitus, and the Lost Realm. I know deep down it’ll never happen, but I guess I’d just love for Zhan Tiri to be one of Disney’s film villains. And for it to be official that Eugene was born a prince, too.

Another thing I prefer about the show to the movie is that the series didn't begrudge its musical moments. The people who made the film seemed to hate that their film had to be a musical.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next