DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tangled: The Series
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Synopsis for the series finale. It doesn't give much information, but I put it in spoilers just in case. I guess the source is reliable after all, because the previous synopses have turned out to be true.

Quote:
Rapunzel and her friends must take Corona back from Cassandra, and finally confront the evil Zhan Tiri.
Source: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Plus_Est_En_Vous

Sotiris wrote:
The series finale is only going to be 66 minutes long; the 90-minute runtime that was previously posted included commercials.

https://twitter.com/BenBalistreri/statu ... 3169269760

That's what I imagined because the "one-hour episodes" are more or less 40-45 minutes long without commercials, and the regular episodes are around 20 minutes instead of half an hour.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:42 am 
Platinum Edition

The description for the series finale is interesting considering that in the penultimate episode Cass will try to make amends with Rapunzel. I guess she either changes her mind or it was a ruse to take over Corona.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:22 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
The description for the series finale is interesting considering that in the penultimate episode Cass will try to make amends with Rapunzel. I guess she either changes her mind or it was a ruse to take over Corona.

It's true, that synopsis gave away an important reveal after all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:47 am 
Special Edition

Sotiris wrote:

Do you understand the concept of a spoiler and why people use spoiler tags? Is that really that hard for you? Just by trying to read the discussion on the latest episodes I not only found out (in a post made by you) that Cass will try to make amends but now you also revealed when will it happen. Thank you so very much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:52 am 
Platinum Edition

These vague episode descriptions were officially released by Disney; it's not a leak or anything like that. I'm not going to put spoiler tags on every little thing, especially if it's publicly-available information. If you're so precious about spoilers, don't visit a thread where people discuss the show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sorry rodrigo_ca, it's my fault too because I quoted those posts and replied to them without using spoiler tags either. I understand Sotiris' point of view, but I hate to spoil things for other people, so I promise I'll try to be more careful. At least I'll tag the spoilers for the episodes that haven't been released yet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm going to tag them too from now on, but I still believe this cultural obsession/fear over spoilers is ridiculous and has gotten out of hand.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

I sympathize with rodrigo_ca, but, at the same time, I agree with you, Sotiris. Ever since the third season began, whenever we were talking about the episode that had just aired, I was bewildered everyone was putting spoiler tags on things... I mean, those were things that had officially aired by that point. I mean, this is a children's TV show, not even an anime, much less something like Game of Thrones. I started using the spoiler tags just to avoid yet another argument on this forum over something that feels so completely inconsequential to me.

Sara Evans ~ "Marquee Sign"
Sara Evans ~ "Niagara"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:05 am 
Special Edition

D82 wrote:
Sorry rodrigo_ca, it's my fault too because I quoted those posts and replied to them without using spoiler tags either. I understand Sotiris' point of view, but I hate to spoil things for other people, so I promise I'll try to be more careful. At least I'll tag the spoilers for the episodes that haven't been released yet.

I just stopped reading the thread after I saw that Sotiris made the favor of announcing yet again information about upcoming episodes. I didn't even see your post, and even then, you would have just never quoted the spoiler if the original post had a spoiler tag in the first place. So, to be fair, I don't see how any of this is your fault.

Yeah, Sotiris, of course you would just never admit that you were in the wrong and come up with a reason why it's justified to discuss things that are yet to happen and how the whole society is wrong and you're right. I'm not even surprised. I just didn't think I should abstain myself from discussing (or reading about) basically a whole season because someone would be freaking inconsiderate to discuss spoilers from the last episodes of the whole series out like that, especially because this behaviour is pretty much inexistent in this forum.

(Assuming the risk of my own choice, of course,) I've read threads about released movies for months and yet people would still tag them with spoilers. I don't expect it to happen for every released thing, but of course, you're always in the right. It doesn't matter if it was released by Disney or the pope, especially when it's so easy to tag something as a spoiler.

And yeah, Disney's Divinity, I understand not tagging with a spoiler something that has been released already (especially in the thread about said title, maybe with a bit more of caution to talk about a movie that has been just released in an unrelated thread). Even though sometimes I'm grateful for the spoiler tags, if I'm reading about a released movie that I haven't seen or about a show I'm not caught up to, then I'm assuming the risk of getting spoiled and it would be my own fault. But it's not like I could have seen the second to last episode even if I wanted to, right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:22 am 
Platinum Edition

If you had made a polite request for people to be mindful of spoilers, I would have happily obliged, but since you were, and continue to be, incredibly rude, insulting, and hostile about it, you can forget it. Go get yourself some manners before you lecture others on spoiler etiquette.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:18 am 
Special Edition

So surprising, Sotiris. That's not like you at all! *yawns*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:29 am 
Platinum Edition

I am not trying to get into the argument, if I had to say something I would say Sotiris should have used spoiler tags but rodrigo_ca did also not ask nicely either, so I want to stay out of any side, but there is one thing I had to address. Cultural obsession and fear of spoilers ridiculous and out of hand? Sometimes people see things because they are excited for what they know some of, but the whole reason we see things is to see something new and what we do not know! Spoiler tags are a very kind and important thing to do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 am 
Platinum Edition

*spoilers*
This episode was good in some ways and a let down in others. I liked the vision Cass had when she touched Tiri's hand and realized who she was. I also liked the ending when she repeated Gothel's line about being the bad guy. :lol: But overall the whole thing felt a little fanfic-y. I don't know why Cassandra would even want to be in the same room with Zhan Tiri after knowing it's a pure evil demonic spirit, much less take her advice. She should've simply surrendered herself to the guards, so she could talk to Rapunzel in private afterwards--knowing she could always escape thanks to her powers if she had to do that.

Sara Evans ~ "Niagara"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:02 pm 
Limited Edition

I can't see how Cassandra can come back from this. I think based on that overused trope that her "redemption" will be by sacrificing herself. I think she might die in the finale and tbh this show is so intense that I actually think it's plausible.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I liked the vision Cass had when she touched Tiri's hand and realized who she was.

I was just surprised Cass didn’t know the little girl was Zhan Tiri until now. I was under the impression she already knew that and didn't care. Who did she think she was then? How come she never demanded answers from her? In the episode "Race to the Spire", Cass told Rapunzel she will introduce the two later. But how she could have done that, if she herself didn't know who the girl was?

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I also liked the ending when she repeated Gothel's line about being the bad guy.

I liked that too. I also liked that Shorty flirted with Cass the same way he did with Gothel. I guess he has a type. :lol:

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I don't know why Cassandra would even want to be in the same room with Zhan Tiri after knowing it's a pure evil demonic spirit, much less take her advice. She should've simply surrendered herself to the guards, so she could talk to Rapunzel in private afterwards--knowing she could always escape thanks to her powers if she had to do that.

Yes, they showrunners clearly wanted the final showdown to be between Cass and Rapunzel, but it was awkwardly executed. Lots of contrivances and characters being obtuse for the sake of it. During the play, I really thought Rapunzel finally realized Faith was Cass in disguise. There were so many giveaways. It became too obvious. I mean, Rapunzel was able to tell apart the real from the fake Calliope, but couldn't recognize her best friend's voice and personality? Come on! Also, I hate that we've had another misunderstanding coming between them as soon as the previous one got resolved.

farerb wrote:
I can't see how Cassandra can come back from this. I think based on that overused trope that her "redemption" will be by sacrificing herself. I think she might die in the finale and tbh this show is so intense that I actually think it's plausible.

It should be hard to come back from that. Cass destroyed the entire kingdom and usurped the throne. It's going to take years to rebuild (unless magic is involved). But I highly doubt they're going to kill her off. It's not that kind of show and they didn't spend all that time showing Cass is still good just to off her. They'll probably give her an easy and unearned redemption, the way they did with Varian. Speaking of Varian, why didn't his father get mind controlled by the talisman? I'm assuming Cass didn't use it on him on purpose so she'll have a sleeper agent on Rapunzel's camp.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:42 am 
Platinum Edition

I expect the castle and everything will be restored in a magic-show at the same time Zhan Tiri is defeated and Cass gets her old appearance back.

Sara Evans ~ "Niagara"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:07 pm 
Special Edition

The only thing missing from the past episode was a song between Rapunzel and Cassandra, either a friendship song while Cassandra was under disguise or an angry duet. That particular dialogue about not being able to say sorry or "I'm hurting" would lend itself for a beautiful song, I think. Other than that, I loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

A Cassandra solo or a Cass/Rapunzel duet would have been perfect for this occasion which is why I was never on board with their rule of only having songs when it's a double-length episode. Most of the other Disney TV series have a song in each one so I don't get why they couldn't have followed a similar format. The showrunner's excuse about having lots of plot and exposition to cover for there to be room for a song doesn't hold any water as most of the episodes turned out to be filler anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

I wouldn't be surprised if they're saving the duet for when they're officially making up with one another (before taking on Zhan Tiri).

Sara Evans ~ "Niagara"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:23 am 
Platinum Edition

Clip from the series finale.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9C8tDqg1ph/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next