DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:24 pm 
Platinum Edition

Atlantica wrote:
....and yet still no hair explanation ????

There will be an explanation for the hair in the show. I'm guessing it will be addressed in the pilot. However, the continuity problem persists. According to the press release, the TV show takes place after the movie but before the short. Explaining how Rapunzel's hair grew back in the series, doesn't explain why Rapunzel has short, brown hair in the short that takes place after the series. They're ruining the continuity, something that could have easily been avoided if they had set the series after the short instead of before. It should have been "Tangled: After Ever After" instead of "Tangled: Before Ever After". :P

Quote:
Q: Tangled is one of my favorite movies. Are there any plans to do a sequel?

Byron Howard: I know we are doing a television series for sure. The question is what do you do once you cut off her hair, but we are working through that process in the television version of the story…so stay tuned…
Source: http://matineechat.com/2016/03/05/q-a-w ... ich-moore/

Quote:
Q: Will be finally be given an explanation for Rapunzel's long blond hair in an upcoming episode?

Craig Gerber: Yes, but not an episode of this series.
Source: https://twitter.com/_CraigGerber/status ... 8861179904

Quote:
Q: By posting that image of Rapunzel and Maximus, are you confirming that she's going to have long blonde hair in the series? If so, is it at least explained how it got that way after being cut?

Stephen Sandoval: Without getting into specifics (for obvious reasons!), most will be explained very early on in the series, although there will be a few surprises that will unfold over time. Like you, I'm a huge fan of the film and I and everyone involved with the TV show is doing their very best to honor what you love about our princess and her continuing story. This isn't going to be your typical princess show because Raps isn't your typical princess. She's smart and wise yet a little innocent and somewhat naive about the world. She's going to learn and grow within our series by doing what we all do when growing up: She's going to make mistakes along her journey and also have some well-earned victories, too. We really hope you enjoy it and can't wait for you and the world to see it.
Source: http://musekicker.tumblr.com/post/141006041555

Chris Sonnenbur wrote:
Last week a majority of our cast was announced and since then people have been talking quite a bit about the show so I thought I had better start keeping track of this all in some way. I'll try and post here as much as possible and tell you guys as much as I can. I have read a few of the posts on here and realize that details of the show are very scarce at the moment and people are interested in and concerned about "The Hair". Believe me, so are we. That being said, all I CAN tell you right now is that we are trying to make something very special for you all and that we have some of the most talented artists and designers and writers in the business with a single goal of making this show as great as it can be. That means that A) We HAVE in fact seen the movie and do know how it ends and B) Do plan on answering the big question, "How?". But if I did that here, trust me, it wouldn't be NEARLY as cool as it will be when you see it when our stories actually air. So be patient, take this journey with me and we'll all have a great time with these amazing characters that we all love and care so much about.
Source: http://cnotes.tumblr.com/post/140990331 ... knew-right

Kait Ritter wrote:
The change in the hair is an important part of the big story that has been planned. There’s reason, there’s intention. We promise. But the hair is not the ONLY important thing about Rapunzel. There’s a lot more to Raps than her glorious locks and our show is going to explore that too. We can’t answer all the questions of “WHY” and appease all demands to “EXPLAIN” today because otherwise, why make a show about it? (Also, I’m not trying to lose my job! I have a cat to feed.) Alls I can say is: please watch the show and, in time, all questions will be answered.
Source: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/14116 ... in-tangled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's tv show spin-offs of their movies haven't exactly had the greatest continuity. The Hercules show had Hades know Herc was still alive when he was a teenager. In the movie, he doesn't find out until Hercules is a full grown adult. In the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command cartoon, Buzz works alongside the three-eyed aliens. But in Toy Story, they are complete strangers to his toy counterpart when he drops into the claw machine. Just to name a few examples.

I also remember being confused why Roger and Anita were okay with Cruella Del Vil hanging around their farm in the 101 Dalmatians tv series after she kidnapped and then tried to kill and skin their puppies. You'd think they would have a restraining order on her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

^^ But this isn't the old, regular Disney; this is the cool Disney.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Atlantica wrote:
....and yet still no hair explanation ????

There will be an explanation for the hair in the show. I'm guessing it will be addressed in the pilot. However, the continuity problem persists. Explaining how Rapunzel's hair grew back in the series, doesn't explain why Rapunzel has short, brown hair in the short that takes place after the series. They're ruining the continuity, something that could have easily been avoided if they had set the series after the short instead of before. It should have been "Tangled: After Ever After" instead of "Tangled: Before Ever After". :P

Possible explanation: Rapunzel is wearing a wig! Simple! ;)

Blog | Deviantart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wonderlicious wrote:
Possible explanation: Rapunzel is wearing a wig! Simple! ;)

:lol: That would solve all the continuity problems. But I suppose the explanation Disney will give, will involve some kind of magic. What I wonder is if she'll get her healing powers back along with her hair.

Sotiris wrote:
However, the continuity problem persists. Explaining how Rapunzel's hair grew back in the series, doesn't explain why Rapunzel has short, brown hair in the short that takes place after the series. They're ruining the continuity, something that could have easily been avoided if they had set the series after the short instead of before. It should have been "Tangled: After Ever After" instead of "Tangled: Before Ever After". :P

I think the title you suggested is actually better than the one chosen for the series. But I don't see the continuity as a big problem. It's as easy to solve as making her have her hair cut again in the last episode. And I think the reason why they set the series before the short and not after it is because they want Rapunzel and Flynn to be still single, as they usually prefer their main characters not married. For example, they chose to have Aladdin and Jasmine single in the Aladdin sequels and TV series after a film ending that can be seen as a wedding. Maybe because when the characters are married, children suddenly see them as more grown up and can't identify as much with them. But that's just a theory of mine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:37 pm 
Platinum Edition

estefan wrote:
Disney's tv show spin-offs of their movies haven't exactly had the greatest continuity.

I know. It makes it no less frustrating though.

D82 wrote:
I think the reason why they set the series before the short and not after it is because they want Rapunzel and Flynn to be still single, as they usually prefer their main characters not married. For example, they chose to have Aladdin and Jasmine single in the Aladdin sequels and TV series after a film ending that can be seen as a wedding. Maybe because when the characters are married, children suddenly see them as more grown up and can't identify as much with them. But that's just a theory of mine.

I also believe that they set this before the short to avoid having them married. There seems to be a silly notion that married life has to be dull, serious, and uneventful. There's no reason why Eugene and Rapunzel (or Aladdin and Jasmine for that matter) couldn't go on adventures together as a married couple. They don't have to stay and rule the kingdom since the king and queen are still alive and well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:09 am 
Gold Collection

To me, the reason is simple : in the movie they have just met.
In modern days, you don't get married that fast and that's why the wedding was cancelled in the original movie.
So, in the series, they can take time to know each other. That's all and it's not illogical and the short sets already the real ending of Tangled as it was always planned from the beginning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:26 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Prince Kido wrote:
In modern days, you don't get married that fast and that's why the wedding was cancelled in the original movie.
So, in the series, they can take time to know each other. That's all and it's not illogical and the short sets already the real ending of Tangled as it was always planned from the beginning.

:up:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mooky wrote:

Oh really? :) I'm not trying to be condescending, but why so?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
There seems to be a silly notion that married life has to be dull, serious, and uneventful. There's no reason why Eugene and Rapunzel (or Aladdin and Jasmine for that matter) couldn't go on adventures together as a married couple. They don't have to stay and rule the kingdom since the king and queen are still alive and well.

Yes, I was going to add that too. People seem to see married life as something more boring and routine when compared to sigle life. And I agree with you, it doesn't have to be that way.

Prince Kido wrote:

Well, if they made it because of that, I have to admit it's a good reason. Maybe they take that into consideration now, but I doubt that was the reason in the Aladdin TV series.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Mooky wrote:

Oh really? :) I'm not trying to be condescending, but why so?

I feel silly for having to explain something that was supposed to be a joke -- it's a Mean Girls reference, meant to make fun of how Disney of today sometimes tries too hard.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:51 pm 
Special Edition

Disney actually seems to be trying less hard now to be "cool" compared to the past. Remember 10 years ago, when every Western animation studio (except Pixar) tried to make films like Dreamworks? Including Disney? And Disney Channel was a bigger cash cow than Disney Animation? Also, 10 years ago, The Emperor's New School was a thing. Some of the continuity errors in that were hilariously off the mark from the original movie. At least the Tangled TV series doesn't seem confused about whether it's supposed to be a sequel or a prequel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:03 am 
Platinum Edition

Prince Kido wrote:

The wedding was canceled in the original Tangled?! I don't remember that. Do you mean they planned to have a canceled wedding but changed it in the final movie?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:48 am 
Platinum Edition

Tangled wrote:
Disney actually seems to be trying less hard now to be "cool" compared to the past. Remember 10 years ago, when every Western animation studio (except Pixar) tried to make films like Dreamworks? Including Disney? And Disney Channel was a bigger cash cow than Disney Animation?

Aren't they though? Most of the new films could be placed under the Pixar umbrella and not seem at all out of place. (Pixar are the cool ones to emulate now, not Dreamworks.)

Christina Aguilera ~ "Ain't No Other Man"
Kelly Clarkson ~ "Didn't I"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 am 
Gold Collection

Sorry for my english, but I meant that at first, we were supposed to see the wedding at the end of the movie. But after most of the women at the studio had some concerns about this too cliché and not enough modern ending, the directors decided to not do it.
The researches were done (they are in the art book and were used for the short) but they only made a chat between Rapunzel and Eugene at the end of the movie, saying that in fact it was Eugene who asked many many times to Rapunzel to get married, implying that it was NOT the girl who wanted at first to get married, especially right after 3 days of freedom out of her tower.
So, to me it makes a great logical and modern story that the wedding from the short happens 3 years after their adventures that they will show in the series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mooky wrote:
I feel silly for having to explain something that was supposed to be a joke -- it's a Mean Girls reference, meant to make fun of how Disney of today sometimes tries too hard.

Haha, okay. It's been a while since I've seen Mean Girls. I do have a soft spot for it, mostly due to nostalgic reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:42 am 
Platinum Edition

Prince Kido wrote:
Sorry for my english, but I meant that at first, we were supposed to see the wedding at the end of the movie. But after most of the women at the studio had some concerns about this too cliché and not enough modern ending, the directors decided to not do it.
The researches were done (they are in the art book and were used for the short) but they only made a chat between Rapunzel and Eugene at the end of the movie, saying that in fact it was Eugene who asked many many times to Rapunzel to get married, implying that it was NOT the girl who wanted at first to get married, especially right after 3 days of freedom out of her tower.
So, to me it makes a great logical and modern story that the wedding from the short happens 3 years after their adventures that they will show in the series.

Oh. I personally think they should have gotten married sooner, because they were definitely in love, but it's ok they waited.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:42 am 
Limited Edition

Prince Kido wrote:

Still, the explanation as to how she grows her hair back will be an interesting one.
That would mean that Mother Gothel died for nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:59 am 
Platinum Edition

Totally makes sense to do it based in the time period of 'before ever ever after' but I just cannot get my head around the hair issue whatsoever....?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:45 am 
Platinum Edition

A TV movie that will serve as the pilot for the series will be released in February.

Quote:
According to promotional materials obtained by Stitch Kingdom, Disney Television Animation’s Tangled spin-off series, ‘Tangled Before Ever After,’ is set to premiere in February 2017. Actually, a ‘tentpole’ event (likely an extended episode/movie) is slated to premiere in February while the series itself is planned for a June 2017 start.
Source: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-rep ... ary-85389/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 34  Next