Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by D82 »

Schedule of the remaining episodes updated with more synopses. I'm not sure if the last four synopses are legit, though, because I've only found them on this Wiki Fandom website, and I'm posting three of them under a spoiler tag because I think they might be a bit spoilery:
"Cassandra's Revenge" (one-hour episode) (January 26, 2020)
When Rapunzel feels ready to settle down and begin living a normal life, Cassandra returns to Corona with a score to settle.

"Race to the Spire" (February 2, 2020)
Rapunzel, Eugene, and an old friend, Calliope, race to the Spire in an attempt to stop Cassandra from acquiring a deadly weapon.

"A Tale of Two Sisters" (February 9, 2020)
Rapunzel and Cassandra investigate mysterious stories of Gothel's ghost haunting Cass's childhood home.

"Flynnpostor" (February 16, 2020)
Eugene must track down and confront a thief who has stolen his former identity, Flynn Rider.

"Once a Handmaiden..." (February 23, 2020)
Disguised in a magical cloak, Cassandra sneaks into Corona with the intention of making amends with Rapunzel.

"Plus Est En Vous" (Season finale) (March 1, 2020)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

EXCLUSIVE: Preview Mandy Moore Singing a New Song by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater in Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure
https://d23.com/exclusive-mandy-moore-s ... adventure/
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:"A Tale of Two Sisters" (February 9, 2020)
Rapunzel and Cassandra investigate mysterious stories of Gothel's ghost haunting Cass's childhood home.
If this description is accurate, it probably means the little girl who's manipulating Cass isn't Gothel. There goes my theory. :glare:
D82 wrote:"Once a Handmaiden..." (February 23, 2020)
Disguised in a magical cloak, Cassandra sneaks into Corona with the intention of making amends with Rapunzel.
Cassandra getting redeemed was inevitable on a show like this but I'm not happy about it. It's too formulaic and gimmicky for both of Rap's friends-turned-foes to be redeemed. I predict Cassandra's redemption is going to be rushed and unearned like Varian's with no real consequences to the character.
D82 wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Preview Mandy Moore Singing a New Song by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater in Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure
https://d23.com/exclusive-mandy-moore-s ... adventure/
Thanks for posting that clip. The song's just OK. I'd have to listen to the entire thing first, of course, but so far I'm not impressed. Rapunzel's songs are starting to feel very same-y, both in terms of theme and sound. Speaking of songs, Cass and Varian are getting a duet in the mid-season finale.

Eden Espinosa and Jeremy Jordan Sing a New Alan Menken Song From Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
http://www.playbill.com/article/eden-es ... -adventure
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Thanks for sharing that new clip!

Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:"A Tale of Two Sisters" (February 9, 2020)
If this description is accurate, it probably means the little girl who's manipulating Cass isn't Gothel. There goes my theory. :glare:
Why do you think that? I thought it proved the opposite.

Sotiris wrote:It's too formulaic and gimmicky for both of Rap's friends-turned-foes to be redeemed.
I wish they hadn't turned both of them into enemies. One would've been enough.

Sotiris wrote:Rapunzel's songs are starting to feel very same-y, both in terms of theme and sound.
That's true, but so far I've liked most of her songs, so I don't mind it too much. I'm not very impressed by that snippet either, though, but we'll see, maybe the full song is better than it seems.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Why do you think that? I thought it proved the opposite.
Because that little girl is always by Cassandra's side so if her childhood home is being haunted by Gothel's ghost, it can't be her. Of course, the rumor of Gothel's ghost could be false or misleading. We'll see.
D82 wrote:Thanks for sharing that new clip!
What did you think of the Cass/Varian duet? I don't like it when people sing over each other in a song. I find it annoying and noisy.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I missed the last two episodes. I'll have to catch them on YouTube later next week, but I'm looking forward to this Sunday!
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Because that little girl is always by Cassandra's side so if her childhood home is being haunted by Gothel's ghost, it can't be her. Of course, the rumor of Gothel's ghost could be false or misleading. We'll see.
Oh, OK. I understand it now. But maybe the stories Rapunzel and Cassandra investigate are of the house being haunted in the past before the little girl appeared to Cass. The fact that they mentioned Gothel's ghost is what made me think your theory could be true after all. Anyway, we'll find out soon.
Sotiris wrote:What did you think of the Cass/Varian duet? I don't like it when people sing over each other in a song. I find it annoying and noisy.
It didn't impress me much either. I'm not sure how I feel about people singing over each other in general, I guess it depends on how it's done, but yeah, here I found it a bit annoying as well because you can't understand well what any of the two are saying.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I missed the last two episodes. I'll have to catch them on YouTube later next week, but I'm looking forward to this Sunday!
Don't worry, I think you don't need to watch them before this Sunday's episode. The first one, though nice, was a filler episode and the second is related to Cassandra but it's not essential to the main storyline. I can't wait to watch tomorrow's episode either.
Disney's Divinity

*SPOILERS*
Thankfully they re-runned the previous episode, so the baby dragon is the only one I missed now.

I enjoyed this episode. Flynn and Rapunzel were really cute in their moments trying to propose and the birthday party. There were a couple of moments that made me chuckle with Lance and Flynn, too. (Most ridiculous moment was Lance holding Flynn and a horse over the edge.) Varian and Cass turned out pretty much like I had expected all season. I couldn’t help thinking, as soon as Cass made her tower, that now she was sitting alone in a tower high in the sky… Just like Rapunzel when she was with Gothel.

No surprise from me, but I loved the Varian and Cassandra song. I actually like it more than Varian’s other songs. And it felt very much like the third season premiere when Cass and Rapunzel were singing together and how I thought it sounded like something out of Wicked—this did, too. I wonder if Menken is consciously making songs that sound more modern and similar to the Lopezes to have something to show Disney when he auditions for a future movie or something to convince them to give him another turn, that he can fit with the sound of modern Disney, too?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney has uploaded Rapunzel's new song "The Girl Who Has Everything".
Disney's Divinity wrote:*SPOILERS*
Thankfully they re-runned the previous episode, so the baby dragon is the only one I missed now.

I enjoyed this episode. Flynn and Rapunzel were really cute in their moments trying to propose and the birthday party. There were a couple of moments that made me chuckle with Lance and Flynn, too.
I'm glad you could watch the previous episode before this one. I liked the one-hour episode too. Especially those romantic and comedic moments you mentioned. The plot involving the scroll was also interesting and there were some moments of tension. I thought they were going to reveal the identity of the little girl at the end, but we'll still have to wait for that. It seems, though, that was her real appearance, right? So I guess she's most likely Zhan Tiri after all and not Gothel.
Disney's Divinity wrote:No surprise from me, but I loved the Varian and Cassandra song. I actually like it more than Varian’s other songs. And it felt very much like the third season premiere when Cass and Rapunzel were singing together and how I thought it sounded like something out of Wicked—this did, too.
It reminded me of that Cass and Rapunzel's song too. I personally preferred Rapunzel's song in this episode to the Varian and Cassandra duet. It was better than it seemed from the clip, in my opinion.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Anyone else got major Maleficent and Frozen feelings from this episode?

I mean, Rapunzel getting in that tower, I could almost hear her singing the reprise of for the first time in forever :lol:
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's the other song from the last episode, "Nothing Left to Lose": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkZEpNsw6zA
WillytheDino wrote:Anyone else got major Maleficent and Frozen feelings from this episode?

I mean, Rapunzel getting in that tower, I could almost hear her singing the reprise of for the first time in forever :lol:
From Maleficent (or Sleeping Beauty), yes, when Cassandra arrived at the party, right? I didn't notice the similarities with Frozen though while I was watching the episode, but now that you mention it, it's true, that part was quite reminiscent of Frozen.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

D82 wrote:Here's the other song from the last episode, "Nothing Left to Lose": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkZEpNsw6zA
WillytheDino wrote:Anyone else got major Maleficent and Frozen feelings from this episode?

From Maleficent (or Sleeping Beauty), yes, when Cassandra arrived at the party, right? I didn't notice the similarities with Frozen though while I was watching the episode, but now that you mention it, it's true, that part was quite reminiscent of Frozen.
Yes, the party scene.

And the entire 'building of the castle' with the black rocks rising from the ground, reminded me of Elsa building her snow castle.
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

"The Girl Who Has Everything" Reprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxxHtrRpM8
WillytheDino wrote:And the entire 'building of the castle' with the black rocks rising from the ground, reminded me of Elsa building her snow castle.
You're right, I didn't notice that either. The episode was more inspired by Frozen than I thought.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I only watch this show through YouTube videos. I find evil Cassandra to be more interesting than ordinary Cassandra. I like her dynamic with Rapunzel, which reminds me of Emma and Regina or Buffy and Faith. I wonder if and when she'll tell Rapunzel that she's in love with her.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

This is a really interesting video about the identity of the ghost girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAMuUS6kCrM
Disney's Divinity

So we know now the girl is Zhan Tiri... I thought it would be another witch trying to revive Zhan Tiri with Cassandra's unwitting help. I'm assuming we'll see Zhan Tiri in another form, because the woman from Game of Thrones was supposed to play the character, too, and we haven't heard her yet.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Most ridiculous moment was Lance holding Flynn and a horse over the edge.
Yeah, that part was ridiculous. Even more so because Rapunzel didn't come to their rescure immediately. I suppose they needed them indisposed so that Raps and Cass could have some one-on-one time.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I couldn’t help thinking, as soon as Cass made her tower, that now she was sitting alone in a tower high in the sky… Just like Rapunzel when she was with Gothel.
Another parallel was when Cassandra fell from the tower the same way Gothel did.
Disney's Divinity wrote:No surprise from me, but I loved the Varian and Cassandra song. I actually like it more than Varian’s other songs. And it felt very much like the third season premiere when Cass and Rapunzel were singing together and how I thought it sounded like something out of Wicked—this did, too.
I liked it more than I thought I would. The singing over each other didn't bother me. I thought it ended very abruptly though. It felt unfinished.
D82 wrote:The plot involving the scroll was also interesting and there were some moments of tension.
I really enjoyed Rapunzel and Cassandra's final showdown. That sequence was the most visually arresting in the series. I was really bummed though that Raps and Cass didn't sing the third and fourth incantation, respectively. It was a lost opportunity to not have the characters sing again. It also felt inconsistent since Healing Incantation and Reverse Incantation were sang. I understand the filmmakers didn't go for it out of fear of breaking the tension but I don't believe it would have hurt if they sang it once and then kept reciting them through the rest of the scene.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I personally preferred Rapunzel's song in this episode to the Varian and Cassandra duet. It was better than it seemed from the clip, in my opinion.
It was better than it sounded from the clip. While a tad derivative, it was still quite catchy.
WillytheDino wrote:Anyone else got major Maleficent and Frozen feelings from this episode? I mean, Rapunzel getting in that tower, I could almost hear her singing the reprise of for the first time in forever. And the entire 'building of the castle' with the black rocks rising from the ground, reminded me of Elsa building her snow castle.
I smiled when they referenced Sleeping Beauty. The scene where Maleficent makes her entrance is iconic so the staging immediately gave it away. The Frozen allusions didn't register with me until people pointed them out. I think there was also a reference to The Emperor's New Groove when Eugene and Lance were trying to climb the tower.
farerb wrote:I only watch this show through YouTube videos. I find evil Cassandra to be more interesting than ordinary Cassandra.
Me too. She's more interesting from a visual standpoint as well. She looks way more cooler and badass now.
Disney's Divinity wrote:So we know now the girl is Zhan Tiri...I thought it would be another witch trying to revive Zhan Tiri with Cassandra's unwitting help.
The reveal was disappointing. I really wish Gothel had been resurrected instead. It would have been so cool to see Gothel and Cass reunite and explore the dynamic between them. The ghost girl being Zhan Tiri is such a boring and safe choice.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Sotiris wrote: I really enjoyed Rapunzel and Cassandra's final showdown. That sequence was the most visually arresting in the series.

The reveal was disappointing. I really wish Gothel had been resurrected instead. It would have been so cool to see Gothel and Cass reunite and explore the dynamic between them. The ghost girl being Zhan Tiri is such a boring and safe choice.
I agree that the animation is that sequence was amazing.
I'm glad the ghost girl isn't Gothel, because that wouldn't make sense. She's dead, where Zhan Tiri wasn't dead but banished to another dimension.

I liked this shot a lot. It was a quick shot so it was subtle but it made it obvious that she was Zhan Tiri.

The last episode was a good build up to the final confrontation, but I'm scared that there won't be enough episodes to make it as big and epic as it should be.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I wanted her to be Gothel too. I don't even know who Zahn Tiri is...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

WillytheDino wrote:I'm glad the ghost girl isn't Gothel, because that wouldn't make sense. She's dead, where Zhan Tiri wasn't dead but banished to another dimension.
It could have easily made sense. It's already been established that ghosts exist and Gothel could have used the power of the incantations to ressurect her body or find herself a human vessel.