Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by bradhig »

Missed it. When will there be a repeat.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney has released the full "Crossing the Line" song.

And here are the other new song, "Stronger than Ever Before", and the reprise of "Waiting in the Wings".

disneyprincess11 wrote:Welp. Not only is the season premiere amazing with some of Menken's best music in the show, it confirmed what some of us, including me, suspected from day one: Cassandra is in fact Mother Gothel's daughter. She chose Rapunzel over Cassandra and that's where the betrayal is from.
Yes, you guys were right from the beginning. At first I thought it was too obvious to be true, but after the twist at the end of season 2, I began to think it was possible. I hope they show us more about Cassandra's childhood in future episodes and explain things like, for example, why Mother Gothel decided to have a child.
Disney's Divinity wrote:The premiere was really good. I loved the “Waiting in the Wings” lullaby at the beginning and the song at the end. The duet between Cassandra and Rapunzel was, well… It was nice, but I couldn’t help thinking this is a poor man’s “Defying Gravity.”
I also preferred the "Waiting in the Wings" reprise and the song at the end to the duet between Cassandra and Rapunzel.

The episode wasn't bad. I liked that there were conclusions to some things (like the feud between Rapunzel and Varian or the subplot of Varian and his father), and that they explained the reason behind Cassandra's betrayal, of course. I actually didn't expect Varian would be redeemed so early. I thought he would continue to be a villain during most of the third season. By the way, Varian reminded me of Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6 in this episode with his chemical capsules.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I wish I'd paid attention to the credits of the episode. I'm really curious if Della Saba (voice of Aquamarine in Steven Universe and young Judy Hopps in Zootopia) was playing the ghost / spirit that showed Cassandra the past with Gothel?
No, it wasn't her. It was Jennifer Veal who voiced that character.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Someone needs to tell Disney's Divinity to use spoiler tags. I can't because he blocks me.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

D82 wrote:By the way, Varian reminded me of Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6 in this episode with his chemical capsules.
That's true, the weapons are similar. I prefer Varian, but I wasn't fond of BH6.
No, it wasn't her. It was Jennifer Veal who voiced that character.
Thanks!

I was happy we got a Eugene-centric episode today. I wonder if his name is spelled Horace or Horus? Most likely the former, but the latter would be interesting.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D82 wrote:I can't wait to watch the new episodes and listen to the new songs!
Atlantica wrote:The plot sounds intriguing and I wasn’t prepared at all for the big bad to be a woman ?! I don’t know why, just presumed it was a man :lol:
Disney's Divinity wrote:I always assumed that character was male for some reason. EDIT: Just saw Atlantica's comment. So I wasn't alone. :P
That's because the character looks male, but I guess she was probably disguised and that's not her real appearance?
farerb wrote:Why does the woman with the blue hair looks evil? Isn't she supposed to be Rapunzel's friend?
If you watch the last episode of season 2, you'll understand why she looks like that. Apparently, she turns evil at the end of that episode and betrays Rapunzel, though no explanations are given yet as to why she does that. Here's the scene where that happens in case you want to watch it.
Oh... So she's like a twist villain...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Did the show explain why Gothel didn't just raise both?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

farerb wrote:Did the show explain why Gothel didn't just raise both?
The guards break into Gothel's home to look for Rapunzel and Cassandra was inside. So, Gothel couldn't get her out. She had to escape with Rapunzel. That's when the Captain takes her in. I'm guessing Gothel tried to come back for her, but it was too late.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
farerb wrote:Did the show explain why Gothel didn't just raise both?
The guards break into Gothel's home to look for Rapunzel and Cassandra was inside. So, Gothel couldn't get her out. She had to escape with Rapunzel. That's when the Captain takes her in. I'm guessing Gothel tried to come back for her, but it was too late.
Thank you
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

farerb wrote:Oh... So she's like a twist villain...
Yes, though I think this is only temporary and she'll be redeemed by the end of the season/series.
Disney's Divinity

I expect the same. They redeemed Varian and today's ep they seemed like they were setting up a redemption for the Stabbington Bros, too.
Disney's Divinity

I love the new opening for the show. Today was filler, even though I thought something would happen near the end when they were in the same place that one witch tried to resurrect Zhan Tiri.

The synopsis for Friday's episode sound interesting, mostly because we'll get to see a teenage Eugene.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

I thought the second episode 'return of the king' would be about Rapunzels relationship with her father (the king) and mother, since they had their memory wiped in the first episode and we didn't really see a moment where she had a conversation with them.

Does anyone know why Disney is burning so fast through this last season of Tangled? Ten episodes in two weeks seems extreme (not that I'm complaining, I really want to know the end of this story and the mystery of the rocks and Cas).
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

Yes, I thought they would've done something with the King and Queen already, too. If not in the premiere, then in one of these first episodes after it.

I'm glad we burned through this week's episodes fast, tbh. The backwards-in-time episode was such a wasted opportunity. Rapunzel was thinking about Cass at the beginning of the episode, so why didn't they think to have her see young Cass in the past?
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

I'm caught up on the first five episodes. Episode 3 - 5 is mainly filler, except for the endings with Casandra.
I am really curious about how they are going to end this. The 10th episode is another hour-long episode, so I think that'll be about Cassandra (titled Cassandra's revenge). After that there will be another hiatus.

Isn't it weird how the king and queen haven't popped up in any episode except for the first one? It seems they are not in the kingdom since Rapunzel is now in charge of everything.

Did anyone notice the cameo of the painting 'the Swing' in the fifth episode? I thought it was a nice little touch, since Tangled is based on that painting.
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

caught up to the first five eps as well...

I think Varian got redeemed too quickly. Would have liked an ep or two with him struggling with his conflicting feeling of how he's crossed the line to villainy with Raps and cant go back. And I loved the werewolf ep(never would have expected the little girl.)

What happened to Cass's owl?
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

unprincess wrote: What happened to Cass's owl?
At the end of the first episode we saw that he flew back to her, so I guess he joins her.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

A lot of things seems to be going just to quick, lile Varian and then the Queen and King just completely missing and Rapunzel on charge of everything without any explanation at all... all that while they do completely filler episodes. Not crazy for this season yet
Disney's Divinity

The synopsis for Wednesday’s episode indicates that episode will finally addresses the King and Queen’s memory loss. I almost wonder if these episodes are being shown out of order because the filler could be placed anywhere.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:They redeemed Varian and today's ep they seemed like they were setting up a redemption for the Stabbington Bros, too.
I've just remembered that the Stabbington brothers appear at Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding, maybe that's why they've decided to redeem them.

And speaking of the wedding, here's a detail they included in Return of the King to tie it in with Tangled Ever After: https://twitter.com/thesmurfyrose/statu ... 5282038785

unprincess wrote:I think Varian got redeemed too quickly. Would have liked an ep or two with him struggling with his conflicting feeling of how he's crossed the line to villainy with Raps and cant go back.
I also think he has probably been redeemed too quickly. Perhaps they thought having two Rapunzel-friends-turned-enemies at the same time was too much.

Disney's Divinity wrote:The synopsis for Wednesday’s episode indicates that episode will finally addresses the King and Queen’s memory loss. I almost wonder if these episodes are being shown out of order because the filler could be placed anywhere.
I think it's possible that they're out of order. That would explain why they haven't told us why Rapunzel is ruling the kingdom.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

D82 wrote: And speaking of the wedding, here's a detail they included in Return of the King to tie it in with Tangled Ever After: https://twitter.com/thesmurfyrose/statu ... 5282038785
I really think this show doesn't get the credit it deserves. They are really making an amazing story that has a beginning, middle and end. Although I agree that some of it is filler, they have to do that to fill 3 seasons.
The production value of the show stays great as well, the animation is breath taking.

I saw the episode with the king and queen and it didn't feel like it was supposed to be an episode after the first episode so I'm not sure if the episodes are being shown out of order. However, the production codes of the episodes have not been released yet, so we cannot know for sure (yet).